: Holy mother of god....drove csp3000's maggied V...

nikon
03-29-08, 11:17 AM
I am simply amazed at the power difference it is from stock to blown....it is simply an insane amount of power that just doesn't stop...and this was on the canned magnuson tune....and the best part is the driveabilty, drives just like stock with no whine or extra noise when just cruising ...drove just like my car....only a hell of alot faster :lildevil: and of course we did a small race from a dig......needless to say it wasn't pretty...I was on it as hard as I could be and he was rolling into the throttle easily...and put around 4-5 cars on me by ~60-70....so anyone with the cash that has been pondering it....do it, you won't be dissapointed.....now for me I am hooked and will have to order a nitrous kit pretty damn soon to cope with my new found addiction. :alchi:

rand49er
03-29-08, 11:47 AM
I am simply amazed at the power difference it is from stock to blown....it is simply an insane amount of power that just doesn't stop...and this was on the canned magnuson tune....and the best part is the driveabilty, drives just like stock with no whine or extra noise when just cruising ...drove just like my car....only a hell of alot faster :lildevil: and of course we did a small race from a dig......needless to say it wasn't pretty...I was on it as hard as I could be and he was rolling into the throttle easily...and put around 4-5 cars on me by ~60-70....so anyone with the cash that has been pondering it....do it, you won't be dissapointed.....now for me I am hooked and will have to order a nitrous kit pretty damn soon to cope with my new found addiction. :alchi:Ah, yes ... another guy seduced by Maggie.

Glad you liked your glimpse of the dark side. :lildevil:

Chef
03-29-08, 12:05 PM
Welcome to Hell:lildevil::shocked2:

thebigjimsho
03-29-08, 12:13 PM
poop.

AlmostAV
03-29-08, 12:15 PM
what are ur mods nikon

Naf
03-29-08, 12:18 PM
Maggies might be great, but a Procharger is better for the bottom end...

Just hold on though, i am fixated on NA power and once i finish up my engine setup i shall post my numbers...

The Tony Show
03-29-08, 12:29 PM
A Centrifugal supercharger has nowhere near the bottom end torque of a Roots or twin screw type blower.

Crawler
03-29-08, 12:35 PM
A Centrifugal supercharger has nowhere near the bottom end torque of a Roots or twin screw type blower.

I think that was his point actually.

Lower torque ends up being easier on the bottom end of the engine.

CTSV_Rob
03-29-08, 12:58 PM
Good stuff. What a difference they make on the car, I remember driving Heavy's car... :cloud9:

NA or FI is still going through my mind. Can't wait to see you post your numbers Naf.

fred's maggie
03-29-08, 01:18 PM
I think that was his point actually.

Lower torque ends up being easier on the bottom end of the engine.

I wouldn't know what to do with anymore bottom end than I have now with the maggie

csp3000
03-29-08, 01:19 PM
Thanks Nikon "Justin":thumbsup: I have to say the highlight of the evening is when I raced the the motorcycle from a 30 roll and we were neck and neck with you following in your V. :highfive: A very good night indeed:)

keeksv
03-29-08, 01:36 PM
I wouldn't know what to do with anymore bottom end than I have now with the maggie
yup..would need a couple of fat chicks in the back seat to keep the wheels from spinning--bottom end compensating for bottom end...

heavymetals
03-29-08, 01:39 PM
Give away the hole shot and just reel them in.:rolleyes:

Seattle CTS-V
03-29-08, 02:47 PM
Give away the hole shot and just reel them in.:rolleyes:

I've let a couple STI's get the hole shot. I'm sure they were pretty happy with themselves for, oh, about 5 seconds or so when Maggie walked 'em down and put bus lengths on them over a 1/4 mile.

Crawler
03-29-08, 03:16 PM

I was talking about the bottom end of the engine itself.

Crank, rods, etc...

Big torque is what kills that stuff. Since the procharger makes power higher in the RPM range, and less torque, then it would be easier on the hard parts in the bottom end of your engine.

THE maggie on the other hand makes more power down low and to achieve the same horsepower as a procharger it would make more torque, therefore putting more strain on the bottom end.

This is a very loose way to explain it, but you get the idea.

heavymetals
03-29-08, 03:19 PM
That is why I did the same thing to Mr. Vette. (after spanking a new C6 with my V).

There is no way I am gonna get beaten by a Cadillac.....:eek:

Natedog
03-29-08, 05:51 PM
.....now for me I am hooked and will have to order a nitrous kit pretty damn soon to cope with my new found addiction. :alchi:
I totally wanna see a race btw a maggied V and a stock V with a 100-150 shot... either way, ur haulin major azz

nikon
03-29-08, 06:18 PM
what are ur mods nikon

just a cat-back......went to the dyno today too...I'll post #'s soon.

The Tony Show
03-29-08, 06:42 PM
I was talking about the bottom end of the engine itself.

Gotcha. I was thinking you meant bottom end torque.

I had a Vortech Centrifugal on a Miata and it was blast, but needed RPMs to crank the boost out. With the traction problems out of the hole that a CTS-V has (not to mention already having 400 ft/lbs of torque stock), I'd go centrifugal on my V if I went FI. Whoops- getting off topic. :lol:

Congrats on the Maggie CSP- sounds like a frickin' blast. :thumbsup:

Mystical_Ice
03-29-08, 07:06 PM
hey question... so just a maggie would beat a C6?

how about a c6z06? :)

heavymetals
03-29-08, 07:14 PM
No way a C6 Z06.

My maggied C5 Z06 might keep up.

rekctsv
03-29-08, 11:24 PM
I am simply amazed at the power difference it is from stock to blown....it is simply an insane amount of power that just doesn't stop...and this was on the canned magnuson tune....and the best part is the driveabilty, drives just like stock with no whine or extra noise when just cruising ...drove just like my car....only a hell of alot faster :lildevil: and of course we did a small race from a dig......needless to say it wasn't pretty...I was on it as hard as I could be and he was rolling into the throttle easily...and put around 4-5 cars on me by ~60-70....so anyone with the cash that has been pondering it....do it, you won't be dissapointed.....now for me I am hooked and will have to order a nitrous kit pretty damn soon to cope with my new found addiction. :alchi:

why it's a habit for some of you guys to turn the traction/stability off when you get in the car is beyond me...I'm in my 20's and have more common sense than that....your not on a race track and your not mario andretti. If you wanna play around and drive 'aggressively' sign up for an autoX for starters and then buck up and get on a road course....the safety features were put there for a reason...

At least you didn't wipe out into another car, or whack a curb.

Are you street racing, driving aggressively?
Its funny to see the same guy that lectured me for putting my car in competitive driving mode talk about such things.

I must have missed it, you were at a track right?

nikon
03-30-08, 12:34 AM
heh, your memory must be slipping...I lectured you about driving with your traction control off all the time....and you countered by saying you never sped or raced...yet you then said you like shifting 2-3 and pulling some, we then discussed that 2nd gear stops at what I thought was 70 and you corrected me and told me 65, therefore proving the fact that you do in fact speed.....good research though....hey anyways I had my traction control on the whole time..you have fun now....oh and no....no track, just empty streets..he had his traction control on too ;)

heavymetals
03-30-08, 12:40 AM
Only Warning.

Play Nice

nikon
03-30-08, 12:46 AM
lol, will do.......I'm just reminding him of what he had said :p

1QUICKV
03-30-08, 03:56 AM
No way a C6 Z06.

Any other want to say anything about this??? Will a C6 ZO6 STILL BEAT A CTS-V MAGGIED?

rand49er
03-30-08, 07:56 AM
... NA or FI is still going through my mind. ...Personally, I had no problem making this decision. If you stay NA and try to get more power, you have to move the torque curve to the right and sacrifice low-end power and thus street driveability. I'm not crazy about needing to have the motor screaming to develop power ... too old, I guess.

Going FI (in particular, a Maggie) makes the car drive so well on the street without the need to be at 4500+ RPM all the time. Get caught at a light in the wrong gear? No problem. Just put your foot into it, and as heavy mentions you just reel them in. Just don't melt your tires. :D (BTW, no pesky bottles to fill, either.)

Do it, Rob. Do it. :yup:

rlj5
03-30-08, 09:34 AM
[quote=rand49er;1465123]Personally, I had no problem making this decision. If you stay NA and try to get more power, you have to move the torque curve to the right and sacrifice low-end power and thus street driveability.

I agree 100% with rander49er, FI is the way to go if you want alotta power & still maintain driveability and economy .
Try to drive a car on the street with 800+ rwhp if it were na, Plus the mpg are not effected much until you use the power. I still get 21 mpg on the highway and average 14, the average is higher than when it was stock, I sure the reason being I don't get into it as much since it can be flat out dangerous, have to learn to modulate the throttle all the way up to to about midway through 4th gear & with drag radials no less. But the point is there is no way to get this much power & still be streetable if it were NA

Twitch
03-30-08, 10:15 AM
Yesterday, I realised one of my credit cards limit was raised about $6-7K.......now I read this! :helpless:

CTSV_510
03-30-08, 10:30 AM
No way a C6 Z06.

Any other want to say anything about this??? Will a C6 ZO6 STILL BEAT A CTS-V MAGGIED?

stkshkr is not far off staying with a C6 Z06. The problem is the extra, what, 700 lbs. that the V is carrying around? That makes it difficult, but I would think heavy's maggied '03 Z06 should be about there considering the weight.

V-Love
03-30-08, 12:43 PM
Congrats on the sweet mod! Come back to the track so you can burn up a few vettes.
Is your Getrag still under warranty? Mine V is going into Williamson this week for a numer of issues. I hope they are good to me. Its my 2nd time there. 1st time they put a seal in while I waited and I had no appointment. So I'll give them my business again.

rand49er
03-30-08, 04:22 PM
Yesterday, I realised one of my credit cards limit was raised about $6-7K.......now I read this! :helpless::rofl:

odla
03-30-08, 04:51 PM
V-Love has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space. open it up some . when you go talk to skip moosang. ill give you more info when i pm you.

V-Love
03-30-08, 06:41 PM
V-Love has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space. open it up some . when you go talk to skip moosang. ill give you more info when i pm you.

Done. I slacked on my membership dues. Very, very, bad. Thanks for the hook up.

silverAg
03-30-08, 07:21 PM
Gotcha. I was thinking you meant bottom end torque.

I had a Vortech Centrifugal on a Miata and it was blast, but needed RPMs to crank the boost out. With the traction problems out of the hole that a CTS-V has (not to mention already having 400 ft/lbs of torque stock), I'd go centrifugal on my V if I went FI. Whoops- getting off topic. :lol:

I definitely agree and it really does totally makes sense for our V or my V:thumbsup:

rekctsv
03-30-08, 09:09 PM
heh, your memory must be slipping...I lectured you about driving with your traction control off all the time....and you countered by saying you never sped or raced...yet you then said you like shifting 2-3 and pulling some, we then discussed that 2nd gear stops at what I thought was 70 and you corrected me and told me 65, therefore proving the fact that you do in fact speed.....good research though....hey anyways I had my traction control on the whole time..you have fun now....oh and no....no track, just empty streets..he had his traction control on too ;)

I never said I didn't speed or race and I never corrected you with a 2nd gear mph either. I said no high speed driving meaning triple digits.

Anyhow, I get it now. Traction control on = okay to street race. Got it!:thumbsup:

You have fun now!

nikon
03-30-08, 09:26 PM
You tell me when I said I don't occasionaly race and I'll shut up......otherwise you can ask csp3000 how often I do race.

csp3000
03-31-08, 09:11 AM

Thanks Tony all I can say is OMG the car is fast. The last dyno numbers are 484 rwhp. The pulley swap will be bone in like 3 to 4 weeks. Then in like a month and a half later heads and cams. :lildevil:

Congrats on the sweet mod! Come back to the track so you can burn up a few vettes.
Is your Getrag still under warranty? Mine V is going into Williamson this week for a numer of issues. I hope they are good to me. Its my 2nd time there. 1st time they put a seal in while I waited and I had no appointment. So I'll give them my business again.
Thanks V-Love! Yes my car is under warranty. But it takes me now even more bottles of Patron and 30 dollar cigars to keep it that way when I go in for service:D

You tell me when I said I don't occasionaly race and I'll shut up......otherwise you can ask csp3000 how often I do race.

Honestly nikon "Justin" never really races. It would be a once in a blue moon type of thing with him. As a matter of fact he never really get his car to beyond 4000 rpms...:yup: poor V...:D

nikon
03-31-08, 09:39 AM
Oh ya chris.....this ones for you

XvzmeuXs03I

csp3000
03-31-08, 10:14 AM
^^^^^^^ :histeric::histeric::histeric:

onebadcad
03-31-08, 01:21 PM
Chris,
Congrats, I know you waited a long time for this, so enjoy your investment. Call me on your H/C choices, as they are so great options available. You may want to consider a rotating assembly, much cheaper than stroker motor and will relieve concerns about breaking something down low.

Now to the others:
Maggie on a V is the shizzle, the ProCharger is good, but I will never say better; drive both each week, and the Maggie still impresses. The Maggie will impress you on launch, the ProCharger will impress you on redline shifts, both are great, not necessarily better. ProCharger has potential for huge power (I know of no CTS-V, Vettes, GTOs, etc... with Maggies at 600+RWHP), and if that is your pursuit, go with it. Maggie has great street manners and the whine is way cool (yes, I am relocating to The Valley). The ProCharger may save your rear on hard launches, but once you go over 500RWHP you will lose one on a hard 1-2 or 2-3 shift-been there, done that. Some say they want the ProCharger over the Maggie for their V, but IMO if you are going to stay south of 500RWHP, either one gets it done.

V with a Maggie will not beat a C6Z, you are giving up too much weight and aerodynamics; gearing change and a 150-shot (not sure what you will do to keep the rear intact) will get you closer. You will crush a C5Z and a stock C6:lildevil:. You will not beat Heavy's C5Z with Maggie either, but its okay to lose to another Maggie vehicle:D.

PISNUOFF
03-31-08, 02:17 PM
Chris,
Congrats, I know you waited a long time for this, so enjoy your investment. Call me on your H/C choices, as they are so great options available. You may want to consider a rotating assembly, much cheaper than stroker motor and will relieve concerns about breaking something down low.

Now to the others:
Maggie on a V is the shizzle, the ProCharger is good, but I will never say better; drive both each week, and the Maggie still impresses. The Maggie will impress you on launch, the ProCharger will impress you on redline shifts, both are great, not necessarily better. ProCharger has potential for huge power (I know of no CTS-V, Vettes, GTOs, etc... with Maggies at 600+RWHP), and if that is your pursuit, go with it. Maggie has great street manners and the whine is way cool (yes, I am relocating to The Valley). The ProCharger may save your rear on hard launches, but once you go over 500RWHP you will lose one on a hard 1-2 or 2-3 shift-been there, done that. Some say they want the ProCharger over the Maggie for their V, but IMO if you are going to stay south of 500RWHP, either one gets it done.

V with a Maggie will not beat a C6Z, you are giving up too much weight and aerodynamics; gearing change and a 150-shot (not sure what you will do to keep the rear intact) will get you closer. You will crush a C5Z and a stock C6:lildevil:. You will not beat Heavy's C5Z with Maggie either, but its okay to lose to another Maggie vehicle:D.

My brother has a maggied C5Z with WELL over 600 rwhp. Only issue is traction below 50 mph. I take him everytime with my H/C V up to 100 mph.

onebadcad
03-31-08, 02:25 PM
P,
Now I know of one, thanks, sounds like a great car.

PISNUOFF
03-31-08, 02:34 PM
I forgot to mention that the stock LS6 is sitting in the garage. It's a stroked 374? with a maggie.

heavymetals
03-31-08, 02:37 PM
I would like to see a dyno sheet on that bad boy.

PISNUOFF
03-31-08, 02:45 PM
It looks just like yours, with different numbers on the sides. :)
Brian

csp3000
03-31-08, 02:59 PM
Oh ya here is my dyno sheet from Sat...:thumbsup:

csp3000
03-31-08, 03:03 PM
Chris,

Thanks Darren...:thumbsup: I will call ya later today for the hook up on H/C...:highfive:

PISNUOFF
03-31-08, 03:14 PM

Awesome numbers.

JimmyH
03-31-08, 03:45 PM
Yesterday, I realised one of my credit cards limit was raised about $6-7K.......now I read this! :helpless:

ah yes, that is how they get you...

onebadcad
03-31-08, 04:23 PM

Sweet, you are now officially a member of '10-12mpg Club', be sure you shift at 6,500/6,600 (probably closer to 6,200/6,300, but the whine should be awesome), as looks pretty good through the end of the band.

csp3000
03-31-08, 09:12 PM
Sweet, you are now officially a member of '10-12mpg Club', be sure you shift at 6,500/6,600 (probably closer to 6,200/6,300, but the whine should be awesome), as looks pretty good through the end of the band.

I am trying to shift around 6,300 rpms. It's amazing because it just keeps pulling harded then ever at the top of the band.:bouncy: Johan is the man and thank you again Darren for the hook up with him...:thumbsup:

Jayrcr3
03-31-08, 10:01 PM
Is anyone here a lawyer? I want a maggie bad, but I will need a divorce lawyer if I buy one.

V-Love
03-31-08, 10:39 PM
I think I have the slowest V in S. Fla.:crying2:.

GMBOUND
03-31-08, 11:35 PM
Is anyone here a lawyer? I want a maggie bad, but I will need a divorce lawyer if I buy one.

I would need that too but the key is to buy her something greater than or equal to the cost of the maggie!

They can never complain when they're getting something too!
Problem is it's hard on the pocket book:eek:

Max-Q
04-01-08, 01:01 AM
I would need that too but the key is to buy her something greater than or equal to the cost of the maggie!

They can never complain when they're getting something too!
Problem is it's hard on the pocket book:eek:

:highfive: My wife actually gave me permission to buy a Maggie! I guess she's used to my years of modding my cars so it's no big deal to her. That and she uses the V as a DD since I have a company car. She even said she wanted the car supercharged too :thumbsup: What a woman!

My biggest fear is blowing out the rear. I only have 34,000 miles on my 04 which still has warranty for another year. (went into service in Jan 2005) I am still on the original rear and I have no whine or clunking at all.

What will the maggie do to my factory warranty? I know it probably all depends on the particular dealership. Does the maggie 3yr/36,000 mile warranty cover the rear diff?

rand49er
04-01-08, 09:31 AM
... She even said she wanted the car supercharged too :thumbsup: What a woman! ...

... Does the maggie 3yr/36,000 mile warranty cover the rear diff?Max, you're living in a fantasy world.

(j/k) :D

JimmyH
04-01-08, 11:24 AM

upgrade her ring

that's how I got mine to let me buy another CTS after I already bought a CTS-V

CTSV_510
04-01-08, 12:31 PM
:highfive: My wife actually gave me permission to buy a Maggie!

:bonkers:...reason not to get married. I feel for you guys.

JimmyH
04-01-08, 12:56 PM
Like I always say, stay single and raise your kids the same.

thebigjimsho
04-01-08, 01:04 PM
Kids are overrated.

Wait...wrong thread...

JimmyH
04-01-08, 01:05 PM
sex is overrated too

atdeneve
04-01-08, 02:09 PM
Ummm.

LUVMY04V
04-01-08, 03:00 PM
donkey boner

LUVMY04V
04-01-08, 03:02 PM
8keKQX2Cdy4&feature=related

onebadcad
04-01-08, 03:15 PM
Ha, Ha, those kids should be driving a Honda.

JimmyH
04-01-08, 03:54 PM
that video reminds me of Jay and Silent Bob...

LUVMY04V
04-01-08, 04:01 PM
that video reminds me of Jay and Silent Bob...
its from "hot rod" funny movie as well :D

StealthV
04-01-08, 05:58 PM
My biggest fear is blowing out the rear...

... Does the maggie 3yr/36,000 mile warranty cover the rear diff?

Don't launch it like a 16 year old and you'll be fine. Give up the hole shot and reel them in.

No, the Maggie warranty does not cover the diff.

Max-Q
04-01-08, 06:07 PM
Don't launch it like a 16 year old and you'll be fine. Give up the hole shot and reel them in.

No, the Maggie warranty does not cover the diff.

That's kind of what I thought. I never launch my cars and I am very easy on the tranny. I owned both an STi and an Evo IX and I only launched those cars one time a piece. I found I could start better and faster by simply bring up the rev's at the same time slipping the clutch then full throttle once the clutch was engaged.

Luna.
04-01-08, 06:33 PM
You will not beat Heavy's C5Z with Maggie either, but its okay to lose to another Maggie vehicle:D.

Absolutely agree, even with an overdriven maggie on your V. My numbers were south of Heavy's, to say nothing about the weight/aerodynamic considerations...

The stock C6, however, still makes me nervous. While I think I could take one (and I have an overdriven maggie), I don't think it would be by much. Car & Driver's comparo of a C6 Vette vs. the Shelby Mustang GT-500 resulted in the Vette being FASTER. Yes, this stunned the C&D folks, as they expected 500hp to do better, but damn...the article now serves as a constant reminder to always consider the benefits of weight...

Is that overdriven (2.6" pulley or 8" balancer) or with the 2.8" pulley only?

Luna.
04-01-08, 06:54 PM
Nm..

csp3000
04-01-08, 07:01 PM
Is that overdriven (2.6" pulley or 8" balancer) or with the 2.8" pulley only?

The stock 2.8 pulley...

Luna.
04-01-08, 07:24 PM
The stock 2.8 pulley...

Wow. Your numbers are unlike any numbers I've ever seen before for a 2.8" pulley. 450 rwtq from a 2.8" pulley just isn't in the cards at, say, A&A Corvette, L.A.P.D., etc. and their dynoes.

This is exactly why a dyno should serve as a tool for evaluating mods & that cross-comparing dynos is a risky move. If I tried to get near your numbers, I'd be banging my head into the wall! :)

Note that this isn't a derogatory comment or intended to be negative. Just making a point about dynoes is all. :p

nikon
04-01-08, 09:28 PM
I say I've got 352rwhp and I'm sticking to it....... :p

Luna.
04-01-08, 09:42 PM
I say I've got 352rwhp and I'm sticking to it....... :p

:lies::lies::lies::p

nikon
04-01-08, 09:49 PM
lol, like you said though....it's all about net gains, I gained 6 horse from a tune, thats all I need to know.

csp3000
04-01-08, 09:55 PM
Wow. Your numbers are unlike any numbers I've ever seen before for a 2.8" pulley. 450 rwtq from a 2.8" pulley just isn't in the cards at, say, A&A Corvette, L.A.P.D., etc. and their dynoes.

This is exactly why a dyno should serve as a tool for evaluating mods & that cross-comparing dynos is a risky move. If I tried to get near your numbers, I'd be banging my head into the wall! :)

Note that this isn't a derogatory comment or intended to be negative. Just making a point about dynoes is all. :p

No, you are right all dynos are different but I have been going to the same place every time so my gains are very measurable to me. Plus the white knuckles & seat of the pants test test says I am about right...:bouncy:

And please dont bang your head in a wall...:p

NormV
04-01-08, 09:55 PM
A tuned V with intake & exhaust will run with a C6. Check out Stageup drag strip run or my track day following my buddy down the front stretch.

My C5 weighs 800 lbs less than my V so I would not discount C5Z as most are not stock. :)

Might not hold on on the top end but below 100 mph it is a driver's race.

Norm

Norm

hey question... so just a maggie would beat a C6?

how about a c6z06? :)

csp3000
04-01-08, 09:57 PM
lol, like you said though....it's all about net gains, I gained 6 horse from a tune, thats all I need to know.

And knowing is have the battle...:p

nikon
04-01-08, 09:59 PM
And knowing is have the battle...:p

XvzmeuXs03I

csp3000
04-01-08, 10:03 PM
^^^^^^:histeric::histeric:

nikon
04-01-08, 10:05 PM
When are we doing the catch can? if not this weekend it'll be a little while since I'm going to NY the following weekend? Oh ya, can I steal your K&N tube, since you don't need it anymore :p

StealthV
04-03-08, 09:28 PM

And the court submits Exhibit A.

WxD6ZEDp4gE

Luna.
04-03-08, 09:33 PM

WxD6ZEDp4gE

LOL...classic find Rick...

:worship:

Although, I'm still not 100% certain what car he was running against :hmm:

StealthV
04-03-08, 09:35 PM
It's a 4th gen ('93-96) LT1 Camaro Z28 (If my memory is right of what my dash looked like back in the day) with heads and spray.

The Camaro speedo is at ~120 mph when the V goes past on the last run.

ToyCTSV
04-03-08, 09:44 PM
wow nice video

StealthV
04-03-08, 09:48 PM
The link says the V is blown but it sure doesn't sound like it has a Maggie on it to me - Where's the scream? Especially the last run when it goes by... :hmm: Procharger or ? :hmm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxD6ZEDp4gE

Luna.
04-03-08, 09:58 PM
It's a 4th gen ('93-96) LT1 Camaro Z28 (If my memory is right of what my dash looked like back in the day) with heads and spray.

The Camaro speedo is at ~120 mph when the V goes past on the last run.

Gotcha. :highfive:

Yeah, the camaro had little to no chance. LT1s are rather weak compared to the LS*s

(Didn't 4th generation go through '97?? :hmm::p)

Luna.
04-03-08, 10:03 PM
The link says the V is blown but it sure doesn't sound like it has a Maggie on it to me - Where's the scream? Especially the last run when it goes by... :hmm: Procharger or ? :hmm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxD6ZEDp4gE

Funny, I was thinking the same thing...

The stock LT1s in the 4th generation camaros aren't that strong, 285 (crank)hp if memory serves. Even with a 100-shot & heads, he's probably just a hair more than a (mostly) stock V.

I don't think he'd have any chance against a blown V (not that he did against the stock V, but that V had to work a little bit). A blown V would just walk him with considerable ease...

thebigjimsho
04-05-08, 12:39 AM
And knowing is have the battle...:pYou're a have wit...:suspense:

Luna.
04-27-08, 08:06 AM

Just had to post on this thread, as I immediately thought of this post tonight...

Shortly after spanking a pathetic Nissan (from a group of 3 cars that were cruising together...), his friend driving a blue Subaru STI decided to play with me at a redlight. The guy was clearly arrogant (complete with him shaking his head...), which made me just lol at him...little did he know what lurked under my hood...:tisk:

He got the holeshot something fierce (probably had a good car/car and a half on me), but I didn't care...not in the slightest. He would need to be heavily modded to run with me and those odds...I'm willing to take, especially for some early 20-something guy...

Took off like a grandma, then matted the throttle. By the end of 2nd I was with him and 3rd he was dust...BADLY...3rd gear is just NASTY in a blown V (especially an over-boosted V... :))

Funny, I slowed down and gave him another chance from ~70 (which is just so bad of me---3rd gear is just nasty...), but, to my amazement (yeah...right), he didn't want to play anymore...

I wonder---does he know how to identify the sound of a maggie yet?

Just cracked me up...I wish I had a video, so Stealth would have more evidence... :highfive::thumbsup::)

rand49er
04-27-08, 09:06 AM
Just had to post on this thread, as I immediately thought of this post tonight...

Shortly after spanking a pathetic Nissan (from a group of 3 cars that were cruising together...), his friend driving a blue Subaru STI decided to play with me at a redlight. The guy was clearly arrogant (complete with him shaking his head...), which made me just lol at him...little did he know what lurked under my hood...:tisk:

He got the holeshot something fierce (probably had a good car/car and a half on me), but I didn't care...not in the slightest. He would need to be heavily modded to run with me and those odds...I'm willing to take, especially for some early 20-something guy...

Took off like a grandma, then matted the throttle. By the end of 2nd I was with him and 3rd he was dust...BADLY...3rd gear is just NASTY in a blown V (especially an over-boosted V... :))

Funny, I slowed down and gave him another chance from ~70 (which is just so bad of me---3rd gear is just nasty...), but, to my amazement (yeah...right), he didn't want to play anymore...

I wonder---does he know how to identify the sound of a maggie yet?

Just cracked me up...I wish I had a video, so Stealth would have more evidence... :highfive::thumbsup::)Eating rice is good for you! Nice job, Luna! :thumbsup:

V-Love
04-27-08, 01:19 PM

WxD6ZEDp4gE

He hit that third beep of the horn a little fast on the last run. I think thats the only reason he pulled away at first.