: Anyone dyno their Escalade?

SUX2BU
03-29-08, 08:02 AM
Did a search but didn't find anything. Wondering what kind of numbers they usually put down. Mineds an ESV so i'm more interested in the AWD 6.0l numbers. But feel freee to share.

hcvone
03-29-08, 08:30 AM
Did my 03' back in late 02', have to search for the sheets, after correction it was about 35-40 crank hp more than the 380 stock, that was with Volant, Preditor and Corsa. It's hard to get on the 4 wheel dyno because there are so few around us, 2 wheel dyno's are all over

SUX2BU
03-29-08, 12:51 PM
Did my 03' back in late 02', have to search for the sheets, after correction it was about 35-40 crank hp more than the 380 stock, that was with Volant, Preditor and Corsa. It's hard to get on the 4 wheel dyno because there are so few around us, 2 wheel dyno's are all over

Yeah there is an AWD dyno about 40 min away from me.
OR
Is it possible to take out the front drive shaft on the dyno and use a 2WD dyno? will it throw the computer off or mess anything up?
I wouldn't think so but havent really looked into the AWD system Cadillac uses.
I was actually wanting to know the rwhp numbers.

DaveH28
03-29-08, 06:03 PM
Yes it will mess up the transfer case and possibly more.. Do not remove your front driveshaft! If there is no driveshaft the transfer case will be spinning with no resistance at the front output.. You could only remove the frt driveshaft if you had a way of putting the truck into a 2WD mode, but since its full-time AWD it won't work..

But then again if you could just put it into 2WD you wouldn't need to think about removing the shaft! :)

SUX2BU
03-30-08, 07:58 AM
Yes it will mess up the transfer case and possibly more.. Do not remove your front driveshaft! If there is no driveshaft the transfer case will be spinning with no resistance at the front output.. You could only remove the frt driveshaft if you had a way of putting the truck into a 2WD mode, but since its full-time AWD it won't work..

But then again if you could just put it into 2WD you wouldn't need to think about removing the shaft! :)

thats what i figured.

hcvone
03-31-08, 08:13 AM
As said you do not want to take the driveshaft out for the dyno. :)

Guyz1996deville
04-02-08, 01:04 PM
Take out the front driveshaft and do it. Tell me what you got when you are done...:)

srt
04-03-08, 09:16 PM
Yeah that's what she said.....
"don't take out the SHAFT"!!!!!!