: 2001 Catera Fog Lamp Problem

MichBiz
03-28-08, 08:07 PM
Hi,
I just purchased a 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport(I know, I know, I have heard the mixed reviews on this car...) and am having an issue with the fog lamps. When I press the fog lamp button on the dash the fog lamps don't turn on neither does the dash indicator light (Yes, the switch is in the marker light or the headlight on positions). I am replacing the bulbs tomorrow but this seems like a fuse or switch problem due to the fact the dash indicator doesn't turn on as well. I searched the owner's manual for the fuse but it is not listed. So, do they have a fuse? Any help would be great!
Thank you,
Michael

Jen_Kenne
03-29-08, 03:26 PM
Hi,
I just purchased a 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport(I know, I know, I have heard the mixed reviews on this car...) and am having an issue with the fog lamps. When I press the fog lamp button on the dash the fog lamps don't turn on neither does the dash indicator light (Yes, the switch is in the marker light or the headlight on positions). I am replacing the bulbs tomorrow but this seems like a fuse or switch problem due to the fact the dash indicator doesn't turn on as well. I searched the owner's manual for the fuse but it is not listed. So, do they have a fuse? Any help would be great!
Thank you, Michael

Michael,

If the switch and both of the lights are dead, it must be electrical. You don't mention a short or the battery draining, so there must be a fuse involved. You can also pull and clean the fog lamp bulbs (carefully). Don't leave oil from your hands on the bulbs. If you have a multi-meter, you can verify that they are in good shape.