: Global Warming is a Fraud!

dkozloski
03-28-08, 01:28 PM
It's so damn cold in the Arctic that the polar bears are headed South.

http://newsminer.com/news/2008/mar/28/polar-bear-killed-fort-yukon/

MauiV
03-28-08, 01:33 PM
The internet was a much better invention than global warming.

Destroyer
03-28-08, 01:55 PM
Gore in '08 ;)

Submariner409
03-28-08, 02:14 PM
"Global warming" began again about 50,000 years ago at the ending of the last Ice Age, and we ain't gonna stop it or slow it down. 55,000 years from now my descendants can figure out how to stop Global Cooling.

As in the past, when the Earth's poles begin to magnetically swap N for S, we're in for radical climate change. In many places on earth the magnetic variation (difference between the geographic and magnetic poles) is increasing or decreasing by as much as 1/3 degree (of angle) per year. The north magnetic pole is currently up around Hudson Bay and is headed southwest.

SvB4EvA
03-28-08, 05:18 PM
My cats breath smells like cat food.

eldorado99
03-28-08, 05:22 PM
^ Hahaha

OW! I bent my Wookie.

Rolex
03-28-08, 05:40 PM
OW! I bent my Wookie.

Do you use your right hand or left hand to bend your wookie? :hmm:

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
03-29-08, 03:19 AM
Do you use your right hand or left hand to bend your wookie? :hmm:

I guess The Claw can only use his right. :bouncy:

JimmyH
03-30-08, 11:46 PM
The explanation that global warming is what is causing all the extra snow (due to moisture evaporating in the polar regions and getting transformed into snow to be dumped on us midwesterners) seems to "hold water" to me (no pun intended.)

dkozloski
03-31-08, 01:29 AM
The explanation that global warming is what is causing all the extra snow (due to moisture evaporating in the polar regions and getting transformed into snow to be dumped on us midwesterners) seems to "hold water" to me (no pun intended.)
Whatever is going on is currently giving us nice weather.

JimmyH
03-31-08, 01:06 PM
enjoy it while it lasts

dkozloski
03-31-08, 01:11 PM
A little light snow this morning with an expected near record high.

70eldo
04-01-08, 06:20 PM
if men caused it by burning oil, then the problem will be solved when we burnt it all.
Otherwise, it will be just another swing in global climate like the 2 ice ages before and there's nothing to do about that...

survival of the fittest

AlBundy
04-01-08, 06:59 PM
Too bad they had to kill the Bear. According to Nation Geographics & Animal Planet, Polar bears are having a hard time due to the ever melting ice cap.

dkozloski
04-01-08, 07:51 PM
Too bad they had to kill the Bear. According to Nation Geographics & Animal Planet, Polar bears are having a hard time due to the ever melting ice cap.
That is total BS. This winter the polar ice cap expanded larger than it has in years. If you'll notice, the article states that the bear was healthy and in good shape just like the rest of the polar bears in Alaska. On the one hand you have the greenies hollering that the bears have to be declared a threatened species. On the other hand the biologists are asking, where's the data and the justification? The problem is that the greenies are trying to use the so-called plight of the polar bears as leverage against oil exploration in the arctic and it won't fly because it's bogus.

AlBundy
04-01-08, 08:14 PM
Well if the Polar bears and the ice cap are in great shape all I can post is :woohoo::mediumbanana::fwll:.

dkozloski
04-01-08, 08:18 PM
At present this is a hot button issue in Alaska. The greenies were hoping to use the endagered species act to further their agenda and it's not working. They are sore losers.

JimmyH
04-01-08, 11:35 PM
I dont know anything about global warming, but when I am sitting in traffic in the V, I can see heat radiation coming off the hood.

AlBundy
04-01-08, 11:38 PM
At present this is a hot button issue in Alaska. The greenies were hoping to use the endagered species act to further their agenda and it's not working. They are sore losers.

So therefore the advantage is on the side of the "Let's drill for oil in our country?" How much of an effect would this have for you who live there? Is it a positive for your community?

MauiV
04-01-08, 11:55 PM
1st we use up all of THEIR oil, THEN we drill for OUR oil.

hueterm
04-02-08, 12:01 AM
So therefore the advantage is on the side of the "Let's drill for oil in our country?" How much of an effect would this have for you who live there? Is it a positive for your community?

Well....have you heard of the Alaska Oil Dividend? ANWR would probably double it...

How much do you get now Koz?

dkozloski
04-02-08, 12:35 AM
Well....have you heard of the Alaska Oil Dividend? ANWR would probably double it...

How much do you get now Koz?
The 2007 payment was $1654. The payment is linked to earnings on investment of the permanent fund averaged over five years. It's expected to double in a couple of years. At present oil royalties pay for all the state government and there is a budget surplus nearing seven billion dollars. The state legislature is working on a bill that will give an additional $750-1000 to every man, woman and child, to offset increased energy costs.

Fleet
04-03-08, 06:24 AM
"Global warming" began again about 50,000 years ago at the ending of the last Ice Age, and we ain't gonna stop it or slow it down. 55,000 years from now my descendants can figure out how to stop Global Cooling.

As in the past, when the Earth's poles begin to magnetically swap N for S, we're in for radical climate change. In many places on earth the magnetic variation (difference between the geographic and magnetic poles) is increasing or decreasing by as much as 1/3 degree (of angle) per year. The north magnetic pole is currently up around Hudson Bay and is headed southwest.
Actually, the ending of the last Ice Age was about 11,000 years ago. But I agree with what you're saying.