Cadillac Owners Forum banner

how to disable the stock alarm?!?!? PLEASE HELP

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ewill3rd 
#1 ·
my alarm will not stop goin' off. It has drained my battery several times and has pissed off my apt, nieghbors. is there anyway to disable the factory alarm? I took the horn fuse out so that stops the sound but the lights still flash and kill my battery. please help!!! i have a 94 FWB
THANX

#2 ·
In the OWNERS MANUAL for my 1995 FWB, the list of fuses which you might want to pull to stop the alarm include:
"CHIME" > Number 13
"HVAC BAT" > Number 33

However, this may leave you NAKED and I have to wonder if somebody is actually testing you in preparation for grabbing your Cadillac.:thehand:
Second, if eWill is around, maybe he can chime in and come in with a better idea.

#4 ·
The best thing to do is find what is setting it off.
I think usually it is the tamper switch on the trunk lid. (mounted on the lock cylinder.

Disabling it might be harder than fixing it.

#6 ·
If it is the tamper switch on the trunk lock, remembering that it has been a while... you should be able to see the back of the lock and see the switch.
If you follow the wires you should find a connection, try unhooking it and see if the car still acts up.

My advice here may not be very accurate, I only had a couple of these and it has been a while.
Without the manual in front of me it all gets fuzzy.
If you can't find what I am talking about I might be able to locate the book and do some more research.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.