: No pulses on the injector wires?

sipur
03-28-08, 12:22 AM
I have a '97 cadillac eldorado, I have a code: p1376; ignition ground circuit; the problem with the car is that I get no pulses on the injector wires. What do i do

Submariner409
03-28-08, 11:02 AM
There are several ground connectors attached at the transmission end of the engine, on and near the throttlebody casting and down near the water pump/crossover front area. The connectors will be a simple ring terminal. try those first, then carefully unbolt each multi-pin connector from the PCM and remove/reinstall them. You might get lucky and simply have a corroded or bad connection. Beyond that, you're in GM scan tool territory.

sipur
03-28-08, 02:26 PM
i check all the ground wires , there good. i got a massage theft system problem car may not restart.

Submariner409
03-28-08, 04:08 PM
OK, you need to read up on ignition and theft system threads in here and up in Seville/Eldorado. There have been several posts on this over the last year and a half.

It could be the ignition switch, key fob, key, steering column wiring, or interaction from aftermarket equipment installation.

sipur
03-28-08, 06:23 PM
ok the car have remote start, and when they install the system they cut the pass wire and install resistor on the 2 white wires from the ignition switch to the harness. does that means they by-passed the factory alarm? if not then is the key no good becuase i get a crank and a spark?

sipur
04-01-08, 09:32 PM
needet to reprogram the computer ??? $140