: Sheryl Crow - Steve McQueen

Night Wolf
03-27-08, 04:58 PM
No point to this thread, if you don't like the above menitoned artist or don't want to waste 3.5 mins of your life, don't bother :) I like the song.

fPdeKildmKI

car gets 27mpg at 60, 24mpg at 70, 19mpg at 80, then it just goes downhill from there :) Normally I set the cruise at a very resonable speed (if not under the speed limit) for near-max MPG, but coming back I figured I'd throw gas mileage out the window and open it up a bit :)

The original music video:

UbjEbsd16qs

I don't ever remember seeing this commercial, but here he is...

UZzXHq7gKN8

ah heck, nothing to do with any of this but it's a hott girl with a great accent that knows how to drive and is doing it in a manual trans diesel van :)

ceyrnKkMXnY

On second thought, they are all Fords :)

Jesda
03-27-08, 05:56 PM
Your gauges look slick at night

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-27-08, 06:01 PM
McQueen was cool and all, but I still think Roy Scheider was more awesome. :yup:

Night Wolf
03-27-08, 06:01 PM
Your gauges look slick at night

I'll have to agree with that :)

caddycruiser
03-27-08, 11:17 PM
This really makes me wonder why I've NEVER taken a video just cruising in my '95 Fleetwood...I've had the perfect time so many times, just buzzing along at 85 without knowing it (as just a few days ago), of course with music blasting away.

Great video, even if the audio is all just music--though very good stuff;)

I'm also jealous of your gas mileage...also a tank, but better than mine!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-28-08, 12:28 AM
Nice vid! I took the Benz up to 103 tonight on the way home while listening to Oasis's "Masterplan"

Night Wolf
03-28-08, 04:18 AM
This really makes me wonder why I've NEVER taken a video just cruising in my '95 Fleetwood...I've had the perfect time so many times, just buzzing along at 85 without knowing it (as just a few days ago), of course with music blasting away.

Great video, even if the audio is all just music--though very good stuff;)

I'm also jealous of your gas mileage...also a tank, but better than mine!

Yeah, I'll do it every now and then. I was heading back and the sky showed just the slightest bit of light left from the sun, so I thought it would be cool.

The music wasn't all that loud at all... but... thats all you hear normally :) Engine noise while crusing is non-existant, there is wind noise around the windows, but with the radio turned up low-medium volume you no longer hear it... actually in the video as the speed passes 85 or so I think you can hear the engine rev a bit. 80-100mph runs isn't exactly what the Town Car was made to do, so it is a bit sluggish, although that was going uphill too. then 108 rolls around and the speed limiter has its turn. I've got no reason to go any faster tho.

About the gas mileage tho, I thought the LT1 Fleetwoods got decent mileage? if not better then the Town Car, atleast thats what I've heard before. However when set to a more resonable speed, the car can do some pretty neat things... dosen't happen all the time tho, still can't figure why, but it'll be within 2mpg...

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e363/InoventionsEast/Atlanta/2-24-08014.jpg

I know I had better videos, dunno where they went tho... ah well maybe I'll get more someday :) I think the 4.6 sounds pretty good, factory true dual exhaust from the manifolds back. In the past I thought about getting some aftermarket mufflers, but eh it has a nice tone on acceleration then quiet when driving, plus it's hard to beat a factory exhaust system for durability, and there is no rust here. I like it just the way it is :)

Not really that long, I guess 0-40ish? ah well...

2VqHpGDheXA

Jesda
03-28-08, 04:41 AM
WOW, 27mpg.

I get 19 in the little convertible.

Night Wolf
03-28-08, 05:01 AM
WOW, 27mpg.

I get 19 in the little convertible.

Sometimes. Other times at 70 it's 24 or 25.... strange that way. Also this is in the cooler months with either the heater/vent on or windows down.... with the AC on it seems to rob some power and 2-3mpg :(

19 highway? mixed?

Jesda
03-28-08, 05:04 AM
19 mixed. 25 highway.

Night Wolf
03-28-08, 05:43 AM
Well thats not too bad at all :)

Enjoy the convertible.... one day I'd like to have one :) With the weather getting nicer here and temps in the 70's and sunny.... makes me think about it from time to time.