: Nonsense over at mdstreetscene = Funny

AMGoff
03-27-08, 12:41 AM
Rarely do I ever go over to other forums to read about some thread that's taken off, but when I saw this on AB I couldn't resist.

Synopsis:

Evidently some 19 year old kid tried to pass off a $100K Mercedes as his own. While I'm sure stuff like this goes on all the time and would normally whither and die, the locals on this forum wouldn't leave well enough alone. The kid just ended up piling it on deeper and deeper, even when it was discovered that the pics were taken off of someone else's cardomain. The kid was still keeping it up until one of the members of that forum actually got in contact with the real owner of the car, who then came on the board. Strange enough... the kid disappeared from the thread right after - shocking. Best yet, they're now on the hunt to prove that the kid also made up being engaged to some girl who works for Elite Modeling Agency.

Just goes to show, even on the interweb you can get caught, as well as just how sad some people are... Although I think I'm showing my age because I'm still trying to figure out what "pwned" means...

Warning: It's page after page of nonsense, much akin to the whole "direct exhaust injection" debacle... and the spelling and grammar is horrific... but if you've got some time it really is a funny read...

... then again, I'm laid up in the house for a while - so it doesn't take much to amuse me right about now!

http://www.mdstreetscene.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15536

hueterm
03-27-08, 12:49 AM
FWIW, if you can believe Wikipedia....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pwned

I never thought to look it up until you mentioned it. I assumed it was a combo of p-whipped and owned combined....(which actually is more interesting than the actual definition...).

Sorry, you're immobile, BTW.

Brizzal
03-27-08, 12:53 AM
pwned is the word to use in this situation!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-27-08, 12:55 AM
There's just so much shit on internet message boards....everyone's either a complete ******* or a big shot millionaire ladies man.

That's what's so nice about this place (CF)...the poseurs and *******s are few and far between.. Not since McCombie has anyone really tried to convince us that their life was some fantastic success story. The people on here, as a whole are a much more mature and coherent bunch than what's the norm on the net's message boards and I really take a lot of pride in being involved in such a fine organization.

The internet....it's a scary place :bigroll:

AMGoff
03-27-08, 01:15 AM
FWIW, if you can believe Wikipedia....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pwned

I never thought to look it up until you mentioned it. I assumed it was a combo of p-whipped and owned combined....(which actually is more interesting than the actual definition...).

Sorry, you're immobile, BTW.

Ahhh... I also looked it up in the "online slang dictionary." So basically what was once nothing more than a typo has somehow permeated through into the common vernacular... nice. I also love how whoever wrote the wikipedia entry tries to justify the usage of it by characterizing it as a portmanteau even when it was initially spawned from utter laziness.

At this rate, I'm scared to think what the english language might (d)evolve into in coming generations...

There's just so much shit on internet message boards....everyone's either a complete ******* or a big shot millionaire ladies man.

That's what's so nice about this place (CF)...the poseurs and *******s are few and far between.. Not since McCombie has anyone really tried to convince us that their life was some fantastic success story. The people on here, as a whole are a much more mature and coherent bunch than what's the norm on the net's message boards and I really take a lot of pride in being involved in such a fine organization.

The internet....it's a scary place :bigroll:

You know... I was actually thinking the same thing. CF seems to be the great exception to many of the online forums out there littering the internet. Maybe it's just because of the particular subject by which we all gather over... or maybe it's that we're more of a "community" than your run of the mill forum. Who knows... Either way, it's refreshing... especially since most people on here at least make some effort to use proper english as well.

All I know is it's kind of nice that we seem to be an island unto ourselves in a sea of complete garbage...

hueterm
03-27-08, 01:18 AM
Who was McCombie and what was his story? 120' yacht? XLR-V as the slumming around car? Just bought the Playboy mansion out from under old Hef?

illumina
03-27-08, 01:42 AM
Who was McCombie and what was his story? 120' yacht? XLR-V as the slumming around car? Just bought the Playboy mansion out from under old Hef?

No, he just posted that he had a new Jaguar on a Jag forum, not reaizing that the pic he used was a Jaguar owned by a member of the forum...Or something like that...

And that he owned quite a stable of cars...

And that he owned his own architecture business...

And that he was going to get a divorce...

Turned out he was a chubby 16 year old English kid with no friends...

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
03-27-08, 02:06 AM

That's because no dipsh*t kids want to brag about having a Cadillac. Even though they are getting more sporty, they don't have the hollywood appeal of the european sports cars (lambos, ferraris, porsches and jags), with the Escalade being the exception of course. The only thing I have to brag about is our 1947 Ferguson tractor and I'm willing to bet that means absolutely nothing to 99% of the people here. Oh yeah, I also have a pretty sweet car. :p

AMGoff
03-27-08, 02:50 AM
Wow! I just read through all that McCombie stuff... pretty trippy. It's a shame I wasn't around back then... I noticed he did stick around for a little while after he fessed up/got caught, but not for very long. I gotta say it was all pretty amusing though... it was too funny how those guys over on the UK forum figured it all out.

I guess I must confess some things myself.... I'm actually a democrat... and a woman... but I'm a lesbian...My real name is Abby - Abby the liberal lesbian... I really live in California with my dogs and my partner... I actually loathe American cars and only own German makes... and I'm really a singer... and a belly-dancer... and late at night I listen to Dire Straights over and over while I gorge myself with Baconators, desperately hoping to fill the void in my soul left by my true love Paco, a Venezuelan river-boat captain... I'm sorry, but everything you knew about me was a lie.

Phew... that felt good to get off my shoulders!

Jesda
03-27-08, 02:59 AM
I haven't legally owned a car since 2007.

HITMONEY
03-27-08, 04:13 AM
I haven't legally owned a car since 2007.

Any legal sex since then?

Sorry its late, and it was low hanging fruit.
:)

nickc50310
03-27-08, 10:37 AM
I just bought this Escalade:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/nickc50310/IMG_1957.jpg

This Mercedes:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/nickc50310/IMG_1955.jpg

and this DTS:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/nickc50310/IMG_1949.jpg

Oh yeah, decided to buy a boat while I was at it:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/nickc50310/IMG_1940.jpg

WOOT IM THE COOLEST!!! BWAHAHAHAHAAAhAHAHAHA!!!

dkozloski
03-27-08, 10:41 AM
That's because no dipsh*t kids want to brag about having a Cadillac. Even though they are getting more sporty, they don't have the hollywood appeal of the european sports cars (lambos, ferraris, porsches and jags), with the Escalade being the exception of course. The only thing I have to brag about is our 1947 Ferguson tractor and I'm willing to bet that means absolutely nothing to 99% of the people here. Oh yeah, I also have a pretty sweet car. :p
A Ferguson can't hold a candle to a Model C Allis-Chalmers.

dkozloski
03-27-08, 11:26 AM
I'm fifteen years old and my primary transportation is Shank's Mare. Baron von Munchausen is my role model.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-27-08, 12:38 PM
I guess I must confess some things myself.... I'm actually a democrat... and a woman... but I'm a lesbian...My real name is Abby - Abby the liberal lesbian... I really live in California with my dogs and my partner... I actually loathe American cars and only own German makes... and I'm really a singer... and a belly-dancer... and late at night I listen to Dire Straights over and over while I gorge myself with Baconators, desperately hoping to fill the void in my soul left by my true love Paco, a Venezuelan river-boat captain... I'm sorry, but everything you knew about me was a lie.

Phew... that felt good to get off my shoulders!

German cars....Dire Straights....Baconators....this sounds an awful lot like my life.

AMGoff
03-27-08, 01:10 PM
German cars....Dire Straights....Baconators....this sounds an awful lot like my life.

:eek: Good thing I didn't say George Michael... lol! :hide:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-27-08, 01:17 PM
Money for nothing and my bacon for free.

Submariner409
03-27-08, 01:54 PM
Jesda,............Have you EVER legally owned a car ???...:sneaky:

I suppose that, with all the confessions, nobody's gonna believe my new White Diamond Lear Jet ? (with CAI........?)

AMGoff
03-27-08, 02:40 PM
I suppose that, with all the confessions, nobody's gonna believe my new White Diamond Lear Jet ? (with CAI........?)

Jim... I'll see your Lear Jet and raise you... one retired British aircraft carrier.

I just finished signing the papers... I'll be taking delivery next week.

I'll be steaming up the Chesapeake shortly thereafter, you should come to it's rechristening... I'll be sure to save some room on the deck for your jet!

http://www.ships-for-sale.com/aircraft_carrier.htm

Sinister Angel
03-27-08, 02:43 PM
Jesda,............Have you EVER legally owned a car ???...:sneaky:

White Diamond Lear Jet ? (with CAI........?)

ha ha

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-27-08, 04:38 PM
I decided the S Class wasn't big enough so I just bought the Knock Nevis (aka Seawise Giant).
http://www.ayrshirescotland.com/ships/jahre/knocknevis.jpg

It cost me a cool 20.3 billion, but what does it matter? I mean afterall, I do own GM, Microsoft and Hustler.