: 2000 Escalade

willridg
03-26-08, 08:29 PM
I have a 2000 Escalade. None of the 3 barke lights work. I have replaced bulbs, tried replacing circuit boards. Still not working. I am driving illegally because I can't get an inspection sticker with broken brake lights. Please help me.

TSS
03-26-08, 09:37 PM
I have a 2000 Escalade. None of the 3 barke lights work. I have replaced bulbs, tried replacing circuit boards. Still not working. I am driving illegally because I can't get an inspection sticker with broken brake lights. Please help me.

Perhaps a bad brake light switch ? You know, the little button that gets pushed when you press the brake pedal. Easy fix.

willridg
03-26-08, 10:10 PM
I am having trouble finding a repair manual to show me how to fix or replace the brake light switch. I have checked prices-range from $20-60. I want to replace myself. Is this possible or do I need to take to dealership for replacement.

TSS
03-27-08, 10:01 AM
I am mechanically incompetent, but I replaced mine myself on a 96 Jeep I had. It was plug and play, a few nuts to unscrew, that's about it. I imagine a 99 Lade cannot be all that different. Get on the ground and look for the switch behind the brake pedal. Should be self explanatory. It is also possible that it simply needs adjustment, but doubtful.