: How does one go about getting an original certified copy of a birth certificate?

Spyder
03-26-08, 06:34 PM
...without going all the way back to the county you were born in!? :banghead:

DILLIGAF
03-26-08, 06:45 PM
Here you can just go to ks.gov and order one.You weren't born in US?Need a new passport?

MauiV
03-26-08, 06:59 PM
Check your state of births gov website.

I recently had to go get one and wait in that wonderful line with those friendly people one day last summer.

Oh the joy.

Spyder
03-26-08, 08:11 PM
Either have to drive to the damned county which is an hour and a half each way or mail in notary'd paperwork. F'ing expensive.

I would just drive but I have to have it here by the 2nd so I can send it by the third to CA Fish and Game...and I have zero free time between now and then to drive. Tomorrow I'm in San Fran for the morning then work all night, Friday morning I fly to Portland and drive to Hood River for an interview and exam and physical and I get home Saturday night, which they're not open anyway. Sunday, not open. Monday morning at 8am I start training for the new job and won't be off till 5, and that schedule works all week long.

Notary, mail and pray its on time it is! :(

RightTurn
03-26-08, 08:25 PM
Then keep it in a safe place; you'll need it again someday. :D

TexasCadillac
03-26-08, 08:34 PM
...without going all the way back to the county you were born in!? :banghead: Isn't a GREEN CARD the same as a birth certificate in Cal? J/K :)

Spyder
03-26-08, 08:37 PM
Yea, I need two of them because F&G is requiring an original for themselves. I know I have one somewhere. I can't find the bastard though so I figure I'll order two more. One for them and one for next time.

dkozloski
03-26-08, 10:27 PM
Send it FedEx overnight. There are FedEx drops all over here in Alaska. You MUST have one nearby in Ca. Have them FedEx it back to you. You could have it by the weekend.

minnesotamom
03-27-08, 12:14 AM
I recently had to get mine, too..and I was born in Virginia, but live in Minnesota. They've gotten tougher about handing out birth certificates. I had to pay a lot extra..I think about $45 through my credit card (which validated my identity) but they did fedex it to me...had it within a few days. Check the website for the county or state where you were born..there should be a link.