: good price?

Dr. SS
03-26-08, 03:30 AM
hi, been lurking here for sometime. am close to closing a deal on a used 2007 escalade.

diamond white, black interior, info package with nav/backup camera. climate package with ac seats, heated steering. rear entertainment with dual headrest monitors. 22's. fixed running boards. clean carfax. lease return, no history of being rental or fleet. has 31 k miles. not certified, its at a chevrolet dealership. 3 wks ago its asking price was $50,990. 2 weeks ago, they dropped it to $47,925. I got them down to $45,300. not a lemon reject from as far as i can tell, havent gone fast enough to check for wind noise (will take it on highway tomorrow)

decent deal?

hcvone
03-26-08, 08:40 AM
Welcome to the Froum. :) You can have the Chevy dealer run the VIN thru their computer and they can tell you everything that was repaired under warranty, Carfax can be usless some times at getting info on newer cars/trucks. Sounds like a good deal it was probably around 65k new.

airhammer
03-26-08, 08:53 AM
If it all checks out I think you're buying it right at $45k.

knegangard
03-26-08, 11:43 AM
Dr. SS,
I purchased an 07 last week in Indiana that has the identical options of the truck you are considering minus the headrest DVD. Also came off of lease. I fought with the dealer for 3 solid days, made the sales manager cry twice, and ended up purchasing for right around the price you are getting. I shopped for over a month and had a hard time even coming close to this price.

In short, I think you are getting a good price. Something that I ran into when looking at the vehicles with the 22'' rims is quite a few had been curbed pretty bad, one actually had a 5'' flat spot in the rim. Definitely pay close attention, as these rims are around $1200 a piece new. As far as the wind noise goes, one 07 that I drove the noise was terrible, the one I ended up purchasing is not. Very strange indeed.

Good luck with the purchase!

Dr. SS
03-26-08, 01:46 PM
thanks for the replies.

when does the wind noise kick in?
i took upto nearly 50 didnt hear anything.

ill have them run the vin through there computer thats a good idea thanks.

hcvone
03-26-08, 02:57 PM
If you had bad wind noise you would start hearing it at 50. :)

Palomar9
03-26-08, 04:49 PM
when does the wind noise kick in? i took up to nearly 50 didnt hear anything.

When you get up to speed, push outward at the top of each window frame a little. If you get wind noise, then you are in the danger zone. Depending on outside temperature, wind speed and wind direction, you could wind up with a noisy car.

Dr. SS
03-26-08, 10:40 PM
ok sealed the deal. im an escalade owner now. Took it upto 80mph didnt here any wind noise. it was raining hard outside, but i think i would of heard it.

love the exhaust note. sounds like my previous 2001 LS1 camaro SS. they didnt try really hard to mute the engine. i like it.

ran the vin through the dealer, its only been in for a replaced fuse, side window molding and a body control module reprogramming which was a recall. :cool2: autochek was clean.

keg97
03-27-08, 01:24 PM
congrats!

airhammer
03-27-08, 08:20 PM
Good kill!