: Condesation in headlights

brandonppr
03-25-08, 04:55 PM
I noticed condesation in both my headlights, it goes away at times. Its not always in the same spot. Has anyone else had this problems. If so what did the dealer do to fix the problem?

roccos_van
03-25-08, 05:10 PM
There are numerous threads on this topic; try searching the forum using 'condensation'. I believe the condensation is considered 'normal' and 'harmless' by GM. My truck has the condensation as well.

brandonppr
03-25-08, 08:46 PM
There are numerous threads on this topic; try searching the forum using 'condensation'. I believe the condensation is considered 'normal' and 'harmless' by GM. My truck has the condensation as well.

Wow. I did find some info with the search. Thanks.

I wouldn't expect something like this to be normal.

The only other lights I have ever had do this were cheap aftermarket lights. I would expect OEM light to not have this problem.

I think over time this would cause them to get dirty inside and need replacing.

hcvone
03-25-08, 08:52 PM
Both on my trucks have no condesation in the headlights, I would try to get them replaced by the dealer.

Palomar9
03-26-08, 03:26 PM
I would not accept condensation in there. Indicates a high humidity situation that could lead to corrosion and unreliable operation.

TSS
03-26-08, 08:27 PM
Get them replaced - I have no such problems with my Lade headlights. GM replaced a headlight in my 01 SLS in 2007 for the issue described ! They surely should do it for your much newer Lade.

nicolaasdb
03-28-08, 12:47 AM
condensation should never happen inside headlight or tail lights!!! It looks cheap and can't be good in the end...have them replaced and don't take no for an answer!!

hcvone
03-28-08, 07:50 AM
It will ruin the HID's over time.

xmanpro
03-28-08, 07:06 PM
bad build quality... get them replaced by your dealer you gave GM too much money to have wet lights!!!

hcvone
03-29-08, 09:10 AM
Built by the lowest bidder, it's just what we get anymore, and of course it's not just GM. :(

surburban99
03-29-08, 10:20 AM
I would not accept condensation in there. Indicates a high humidity situation that could lead to corrosion and unreliable operation.

I agree!!! Get this fixed!!

firetora
03-30-08, 08:27 PM
It will ruin the HID's over time.
no it won't
HID don't care if they are turned on under water or not.

condensation should never happen inside headlight or tail lights!!! It looks cheap and can't be good in the end...have them replaced and don't take no for an answer!!
:thumbsup:

I agree!!! Get this fixed!!

:highfive:

Before they finish the replacement for you, ask to have your old lights back, by law, they should be able to give them back to you (i think).

put one headlight in your oven on bake for 200 degrees for 20 minutes.

Then push it really really tightly together, it should actually eliminate any future condensation issues.

hcvone
03-31-08, 08:46 AM
You do not get warranty parts back, if you are paying they will give you the parts. Have seen HID bulbs explode when contacted with water in person, some of the newer kits claim they can work underwater. :)