: Anyone had any problems with aftermarket window tint?

brandonppr
03-24-08, 07:23 PM
I was reading the owners manual and it said something about not to apply aftermarket tint because it could cause the GPS not to work and the windows may have to be replaces and not covered by warranty.

I was planning on getting my windows tinted tommorow, but I don't want to mess anything up. Have any of you had any problems with tint?

hcvone
03-25-08, 07:57 AM
No problems at all. my tinter always tells me it could cause a problem, but never had a issue with any of my Nav's not working correctly. :)

TSS
03-25-08, 08:32 AM
I was reading the owners manual and it said something about not to apply aftermarket tint because it could cause the GPS not to work and the windows may have to be replaces and not covered by warranty.

I was planning on getting my windows tinted tommorow, but I don't want to mess anything up. Have any of you had any problems with tint?

1. I never had a problem with tint and NAV either.

2. Replace windows????? All you have to do is get the tint film removed if there is a problem. Usually a shop charges 25-50 bucks to remove all window tint - which is done often when somebody gets a "fix it" ticket.

hcvone
03-25-08, 08:52 AM
As said the tint can be taken off if you would have any problems with no damage to the windows themselves, I some times have it taken off if the dealer or new owner does not want it. :)

brandonppr
03-25-08, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the replies.

My CTS's nav worked fine with tint as well, but that was the first I had heard of anything like that. I'm off to get the windows tinted:thumbsup:

brandonppr
03-25-08, 11:52 AM
I got it tinted. They asked me did it have nav and I told them it did. He suggested that I use the non metalized tint that was $20 more. So I got that tint installed. He said it might not matter, but the better tint will not effect the GPS at all.

Salo
03-25-08, 02:08 PM
Great salesmanship!

hcvone
03-25-08, 02:46 PM
It will work with the metalized films as well. :)

roccos_van
03-25-08, 05:20 PM
I never heard of this. Good to know.

snomuncher
03-26-08, 11:29 PM
I have not had any problems with either satellite radio or nav system with tint installed on an 07 EXT.

Jesda
03-27-08, 04:27 AM
The concern is with metallic tint, and even then I'm not so sure its a problem.

CadillacGrillz
03-28-08, 12:59 AM
my navigation doesnt work it gives me wrong information maybe its the tint the navigation tells me im at the location when really the location is still like 10 miles ahead and to the other side

DRIPPED
03-28-08, 12:38 PM
my L tint hasnt afffected it, atleast not yet

joeg679
03-28-08, 03:53 PM
No problems, I have my windows and windshield done. The places by me charge the same amount to take it ooff as they charge to put it on.