RightTurn
03-24-08, 06:08 PM
w00t. A looker. :yup:

thebigjimsho
03-24-08, 10:53 PM
But it's not a GT-R.:duck:

MauiV
03-24-08, 11:00 PM
Is Primer Gray a factory available color?

Its gonna look nice on blocks in trailer parks all across America in a few years.

The new El Camino is gonna give it a run for its money with the Marlboro Red crowd.

Blackout
03-24-08, 11:23 PM
But it's not a GT-R.:duck:

I know:thumbsup: but I can't wait to see if thats how it looks in its production form and to see what kinda power it has because I am loving this SS!

The Tony Show
03-25-08, 12:01 AM
Is Primer Gray a factory available color?

Its gonna look nice on blocks in trailer parks all across America in a few years.

The new El Camino is gonna give it a run for its money with the Marlboro Red crowd.

I hate to break this to you, but the F-Body was a terrific muscle car value, and only found its way into the hands of mullet-headed doofuses as they got older and could be bought cheap on a used car lot.

You know, sort of like used CTS-Vs.

MauiV
03-25-08, 02:19 AM
I had a Formula 350 when I was 16 but I will never defend its well earned Redneck persona. It was a DECENT car at best, but the interior was pathetic and that was WAY better than the Z28 and IROC.

Its called The Camaro Cut for a reason.

I dont see enough Vs for necks to have them yet, they are still tweeking on their Rustangs. All thats missing is T-Tops, a jean jacket and a bad perm in the drivers seat.

LS1Mike
03-25-08, 05:27 AM
I had a Formula 350 when I was 16 but I will never defend its well earned Redneck persona. It was a DECENT car at best, but the interior was pathetic and that was WAY better than the Z28 and IROC.

Its called The Camaro Cut for a reason.

I dont see enough Vs for necks to have them yet, they are still tweeking on their Rustangs. All thats missing is T-Tops, a jean jacket and a bad perm in the drivers seat.

I fear you have yet to run into a 4th Gen F-body with an LS1. That is far different from the one you had at 16. It is a humbling in experience if The V and the F-body are stock just ask around.

96Fleetwood
03-25-08, 10:33 AM
It was a DECENT car at best, but the interior was pathetic and that was WAY better than the Z28 and IROC.

Which is why they cost half the price of the V brand new...

Katshot
03-25-08, 12:41 PM
I fear you have yet to run into a 4th Gen F-body with an LS1. That is far different from the one you had at 16. It is a humbling in experience if The V and the F-body are stock just ask around.

No doubt about it, I've driven Ram-Air WS6's and they are VERY fast cars but, they are still VERY cheaply made cars.
I'm not a big fan of the new Camaro but it's always nice to see an OEM putting some affordable muscle on the road. My only concern is that they will price the Camaro out of the reach of the intended market. Face it, the Camaro and Mustang were the sports cars for the common man. That means they must be price conscious. Making a slightly lower level Corvette will only show that they haven't learned anything from the last go-around in that market.

MauiV
03-25-08, 12:54 PM
I can build a tube frame hunk o shit and put a blown rat motor on it and make it go fast. Doesnt make it a nice car.

Just like, right or wrong, Cadillac has its "target" demographic, BMW has its "target" audience the name Camaro also has its target crowd too.

If the shoe fits, odds are its your shoe.

96Fleetwood
03-25-08, 01:34 PM
I can build a tube frame hunk o shit and put a blown rat motor on it and make it go fast. Doesnt make it a nice car.

Just like, right or wrong, Cadillac has its "target" demographic, BMW has its "target" audience the name Camaro also has its target crowd too.

If the shoe fits, odds are its your shoe.

Just give it time, with Cadillac's beautiful depreciation you will find a V in a trailer park near you.

Here is my Dad's "redneck" T/A (480 mile 2002 CE T/A):

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g147/sixtyspecial/ta2.jpg

He doesn't live in a trailer park and has 13 $$$ cars in his collection.

Guess the shoe fits!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-25-08, 01:48 PM
1/2 the joy of an F-Body is it's less than spectacular interior. It's nice because it kept costs down, and you don't have to worry about getting it dirty or what have you. It adds to the "cheap, fast, fun" persona that those cars always enjoyed.

Katshot
03-25-08, 01:55 PM
Just give it time, with Cadillac's beautiful depreciation you will find a V in a trailer park near you.

Guess the shoe fits!

Talk about an example that's as far off the "norm" for a F-Body as possible. Unless I miss my guess, besides being one of the ugliest (IMO), that car's the single most expensive F-Body ever sold. And I'm pretty sure it's probably the most expensive one on the used market too.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-25-08, 01:58 PM
Probably is the most expensive on the used car market for a good reason....seeing as how it's the Collector's series, not to mention it's the last year they made 'em.

The Tony Show
03-25-08, 02:03 PM
That's my second favorite "special" T/A after the White/Blue with white wheels. Sweet ride.

Katshot
03-25-08, 02:31 PM
That's my second favorite "special" T/A after the White/Blue with white wheels. Sweet ride.

Damn, in the span of only a couple posts, we managed to talk about the two ugliest F-Bodies of all time. IMO, of course.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-25-08, 02:59 PM
1983 Recaro Edition.

Make that the three ugliest F-Bodies ever.

LS1Mike
03-25-08, 03:11 PM

That is the 1999 30th anniversary addition with the blue anodized rims.
I always liked those rims.
http://www.firebirdtransamparts.com/adventure/2002tanats/disc%203/MVC-308S.JPG

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-25-08, 03:21 PM
1989 Turbo TA FTW!

LS1Mike
03-25-08, 03:34 PM
Not in braking, cornering or 1/4 miling, but it is very cool.

The Tony Show
03-25-08, 04:42 PM
That is the 1999 30th anniversary addition with the blue anodized rims.
I always liked those rims.
http://www.firebirdtransamparts.com/adventure/2002tanats/disc%203/MVC-308S.JPG

That's right, they were blue wheels, not white. Bad ass car. :drool:

MauiV
03-25-08, 09:31 PM

Guess the shoe fits!

He has a mustache and a Smokey and the Bandit TA jacket doesnt he?

HIDEOUS BTW.

96Fleetwood
03-26-08, 12:01 AM
He has a mustache and a Smokey and the Bandit TA jacket doesnt he?

HIDEOUS BTW.

Thanks! You must be fortunate to have driven only the best, I envy you!

MauiV
03-26-08, 12:06 AM
The best? Not quite, but NEVER in piss yellow with sticker graphics.

Now Im positive about the stache.

CadillacSTS42005
03-26-08, 12:16 AM
ladies and gents
like my new car?
;)

96Fleetwood
03-26-08, 12:21 AM
The best? Not quite, but NEVER in piss yellow with sticker graphics.

Now Im positive about the stache.

To each their own.. guess what! This piss yellow & stickers is worth more than your '04 CTS-V :bighead:

MauiV
03-26-08, 12:30 AM
AND? A 1970 Hemi Cuda in Plum Crazy Purple is worth a shit load, but its still f'in ugly. Doesnt make it right. Just like the new Chargers and Challegers in those horrid colors.

If I was buying a car for resale I would own Chevelles or Shelby Cobras. I like the modern amenities, the clean lines AND the performance my car offers.

And yes, in the end Camaros and Firebirds (especially post 1970 bodies) are Neck. Stereotypes usually become stereotypes or a reason.

The Tony Show
03-26-08, 01:10 PM
Am I the only one who noticed the giant, inflatable banana in the seat of that 30th Anniversary T/A? :lol: