: Freemasons

ABCF
03-24-08, 02:19 PM
Society with secrets, a secret society, good or evil?

what say you?

ABCF

dkozloski
03-24-08, 02:23 PM
Look up Shriner's Hospitals and you'll answer your own question. The ads on TV here don't ask for money, they ask for the names of kids and families that need help. They are the most efficient charity in the country and almost none of the money raised goes to administration. It ALL goes to help kids.

RunningOnEMT
03-24-08, 02:26 PM
I'm in the process of applying to my local lodge, i'm the first generation in my family that hadnt joined by the age of 18.

No cloak and dagger stuff that i can tell, its all tradition and brotherhood

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-24-08, 02:33 PM
Based on what I've heard about them, I'd say good.

Now if we were talking about the Ku Klux Klan, then I'd have to disagree, but with this secret society, I think they're good. :)

93DevilleUSMC
03-24-08, 02:53 PM
Some of the best people I know are freemasons. The rest of the people I know are end-time conspiracy nuts who blame the freemasons for damn near everything.

My vote for these people is yes, they are good.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-24-08, 03:12 PM
sdaRuTwWl9I

93DevilleUSMC
03-24-08, 03:26 PM
^^ Ahahahahahaha

minnesotamom
03-24-08, 03:36 PM
Some of the best people I know are freemasons. The rest of the people I know are end-time conspiracy nuts who blame the freemasons for damn near everything.

My vote for these people is yes, they are good.

Yup..I had an end-time conspiracy nut who told me that the reason my daughter died was because I PROBABLY had an ancestor or relative that was a freemason:rolleyes:

Florian
03-24-08, 03:38 PM
as a Mason and a Shriner....I can say that we are a fraternity with secrets...as most frats have. We are a philanthropic organization and have been for nearly 200 years (here in OH anyway). If you have any questions Im happy to answer them for you.

Congrats, Corey, you will enjoy your Masonic passage.

F

CIWS
03-24-08, 03:39 PM
nwQerFAh4Wk

dkozloski
03-24-08, 03:42 PM
The secret that's really hid,
Beneath Cheop's pyramid,
Is the job the contractor did.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-24-08, 03:53 PM
I've got loads of respect for anyone who's a Mason. For many reasons, but mainly it's the prestige involved with the group, and the fact that many of the most important people in US history were masons. It's like how a lot of the the great film and music stars are Jewish, well a lot of the great people in US history are Masons. :yup:

What's the difference between Masons and Shriners?

Florian
03-24-08, 04:17 PM
What's the difference between Masons and Shriners?

You have to be a Mason first, then a Shrine Member. Both are separate groups, but all based on the same tenets. One is an offshoot of the other. Im also a member of the Scottish Rite Masons as well (32nd deg.)

F

AMGoff
03-24-08, 04:31 PM
It's like Dungeons and Dragons for adults... lol.

All kidding aside, all I can say is the word "shibboleth" has gotten me rink-side tickets to countless hockey games...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-24-08, 04:39 PM
So do you guys have your own little underground freeway too? No traffic jams ever again.

Florian
03-24-08, 04:57 PM
It's like Dungeons and Dragons for adults... lol.

All kidding aside, all I can say is the word "shibboleth" has gotten me rink-side tickets to countless hockey games...

D&D not so much, but the hockey tix thats funny....come to Cleveland and I will set you up with tix as well...:thumbsup:

So do you guys have your own little underground freeway too? No traffic jams ever again.

I got my key yesterday....love it. OH, and gas is .19 a gallon for us Masons.

F

EcSTSatic
03-24-08, 04:59 PM
I'll take the other position so let the flaming begin if you must. I'm just addressing the question. They may appear to be all positive but I actually have one of their grand poobah 33rd order Morals and Dogma texts that are not supposed to get out to the public. They are fundamentally anti-Christian and definitely anti-Catholic. People who join today are unwittingly or not, subscribing to this dogma.

If you are tolerant enough to listen to another side, you may want to read this brief history:
http://www.ewtn.com/library/ANSWERS/BACAFM.htm

Florian
03-24-08, 05:18 PM
They were at one time against the church (1600's) as the church was the controlling voice of the people. People who spoke against the church were prosecuted, likely killed. The Masons were started by free thinkers who were less than jazzed by what the church professed. They werent anti-church, just anti church control. The church actively hunted the Masons down and would prosecute them heavily, hence the secret handshakes and words used by members then.
Todays Masons are not anti-church, nor are they anti-Catholic. My lodge alone is 90% catholic, the rest are a smattering of everything from Jewish to Mormon. I find it hard to believe that your findings come from the same Church that the Masons wanted to part ways with all those years ago. Talk about holding a grudge. Get over yourself Catholics. There are no footnoted references to anything relating to Masonry in that gem of prose. How do you think the church would stand? Too funny....also, waaayyyy outdated. (with no actual supporting facts to boot.) BTW, Eternal Word Television Network as a reference, cmon....
Ever wonder what that "G" stands for????
Put the crucifix down....were not here to hurt you.

F

dkozloski
03-24-08, 05:28 PM
How the hell can the Masons be a secret society if, as the Catholics say, they all have horns and a big bushy tail?

EcSTSatic
03-24-08, 05:29 PM
Shall I quote from the Masons own text? Are you going to say it is outdated too? I can pull it out when I get home. You don't have to read what I linked to from EWTN, there are plenty of supporting sources.

Florian
03-24-08, 05:30 PM
Shall I quote from the Masons own text? Are you going to say it is outdated too? I can pull it out when I get home. You don't have to read what I linked to from EWTN, there are plenty of supporting sources.

knock yourself out...Im interested to hear what it says.

F

Florian
03-24-08, 05:33 PM
All Im saying is that, how the hell does the Catholic church have any legs to stand on when they dont know what Masonry is about? They are still telling you what to do as they have done for many, many years. It drives me nuts that uninformed people throw barbs when they are clueless as to what the Masons are about. Im very open to read/comment on anything you have to post.

F

Florian
03-24-08, 05:34 PM
How the hell can the Masons be a secret society if, as the Catholics say, they all have horns and a big bushy tail?

you forgot, forked tongue and cloven hooves.

F

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-24-08, 05:39 PM
And a large Alice Cooper collection.

dkozloski
03-24-08, 05:40 PM

F
No, no. That's devils; I'm talking about Masons.

Florian
03-24-08, 05:42 PM
you know were one and the same.....sheesh.

F

RightTurn
03-24-08, 06:06 PM
I'm in the process of applying to my local lodge, i'm the first generation in my family that hadnt joined by the age of 18.

No cloak and dagger stuff that i can tell, its all tradition and brotherhood

Congrats, Corey. :thumbsup: You won't regret it.

ABCF
03-24-08, 06:24 PM
Congrats, Corey. :thumbsup: You won't regret it.

He sure won't regret it. I too am Freemason. I was just looking for the views of the members here on the Fraternity when I started this thread.

CIWS
03-24-08, 06:29 PM
All Im saying is that, how the hell does the Catholic church have any legs to stand on when they dont know what Masonry is about?

F

Then how the hell did they build all of those big arse Cathedrals ? http://www.ciws.net/smiles/preach.gif

;)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-24-08, 06:41 PM
They must be backed by the almighty Donald.

RunningOnEMT
03-24-08, 06:48 PM

F

no no no no no... you got it all wrong ... thats MY people, the brothers of the tribe....shalom

Florian
03-24-08, 07:55 PM
no no no no no... you got it all wrong ... thats MY people, the brothers of the tribe....shalom

Oy! Cant wait to have you in the fraternity! ABCF, I ran a thread about Masonry a while ago asking to see if there were other masons on the board...not many here or they werent piping up. Either way, good to see youre here. I go to Peterborough once everyother year to watch a MM done Canadian style....they come here on the odd years. Very cool to see the differences.

F
SW - Dover Lodge 489

Eric Kahn
03-24-08, 08:20 PM
I also am a mason, there is no big secret or conspiracy

McMillan lodge 141, Cincinnati, Ohio

Florian
03-24-08, 08:55 PM
I also am a mason, there is no big secret or conspiracy

McMillan lodge 141, Cincinnati, Ohio

:welcome:

F

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-24-08, 09:13 PM
Last time we bought this up nobody said they were a Stonecutter...oops I mean freemason and I felt a real "hush hush" vibe going on.

EcSTSatic
03-24-08, 09:30 PM
All Im saying is that, how the hell does the Catholic church have any legs to stand on when they dont know what Masonry is about? They are still telling you what to do as they have done for many, many years. It drives me nuts that uninformed people throw barbs when they are clueless as to what the Masons are about. Im very open to read/comment on anything you have to post.
F

Okay, I'll give it to you from your own "club". This isn't clueless fantasy. Tell me when you've had enough. Is this going to cause the thread to be shut down?:

I suck at typing so bear with me. The text is "Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry. Prepared for the Supreme Council of the 33rd degree for the Jurisdiction of the United States and published by its authority."

I like this part: " The Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite uses the word "Dogma" in its true sense, of doctrine or teaching; and not dogmatic in the odious sense of the term. Everyone is entirely free to reject and dissent from whatsoever herein may seem to him to be untrue or unsound".

In other words, truth is relevant to Masons. At least the Vatican takes a firm position and uses the stronger definition; dogma is a doctrine or body of doctrines concerning faith or morals formally stated and authoritatively proclaimed by a church. So what can Masons truly claim to believe? When are you no longer a Mason?

With regards to Christianity, there's all sorts of stuff about pagan origins, etc. One chapter ends with

"while the Christian believes the the Word dwelt in the Mortal Body of Jesus of Nazareth, and suffered upon the Cross; and that the Holy Ghost was poured out upon the Apostles, and now inspires every Christian soul:....
While all these faiths assert their claims to the exclusive possession of the Truth. Masonry inculcates its old doctrine, and no more....That God is One; that His Thought uttered in His Word created the Universe and preserves it by those Eternal laws which are the expression of that Thought; that the Soul of Man, breathed into him by God, is immortal as His Thoughts are; that he is free to do evil or choose good..."and so on

I can't find a single line where they recognize Christ as Son of God or the Word made Flesh. All they write about are pagan origins of the early Christian beliefs. Nor is there mention of the new Covenant Christ established. Instead, their trinity reads "To every mason, Wisdom or Intelligence, Force or Strength, and Harmony, or Fitness and Beauty, are the Trinity of the attributes of God".

This is not Christianity folks.

Florian
03-24-08, 09:36 PM
Okay, I'll give it to you from your own "club". This isn't clueless fantasy. Tell me when you've had enough. Is this going to cause the thread to be shut down?:

I suck at typing so bear with me. The text is "Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry. Prepared for the Supreme Council of the 33rd degree for the Jurisdiction of the United States and published by its authority."

I like this part: " The Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite uses the word "Dogma" in its true sense, of doctrine or teaching; and not dogmatic in the odious sense of the term. Everyone is entirely free to reject and dissent from whatsoever herein may seem to him to be untrue or unsound".

In other words, truth is relevant to Masons. At least the Vatican takes a firm position and uses the stronger definition; dogma is a doctrine or body of doctrines concerning faith or morals formally stated and authoritatively proclaimed by a church. So what can Masons truly claim to believe? When are you no longer a Mason?

With regards to Christianity, there's all sorts of stuff about pagan origins, etc. One chapter ends with

"while the Christian believes the the Word dwelt in the Mortal Body of Jesus of Nazareth, and suffered upon the Cross; and that the Holy Ghost was poured out upon the Apostles, and now inspires every Christian soul:....
While all these faiths assert their claims to the exclusive possession of the Truth. Masonry inculcates its old doctrine, and no more....That God is One; that His Thought uttered in His Word created the Universe and preserves it by those Eternal laws which are the expression of that Thought; that the Soul of Man, breathed into him by God, is immortal as His Thoughts are; that he is free to do evil or choose good..."and so on

I can't find a single line where they recognize Christ as Son of God or the Word made Flesh. All they write about are pagan origins of the early Christian beliefs. Nor is there mention of the new Covenant Christ established. Instead, their trinity reads "To every mason, Wisdom or Intelligence, Force or Strength, and Harmony, or Fitness and Beauty, are the Trinity of the attributes of God".

This is not Christianity folks.

Whats your point? We aim to cover all bases, not just christianity. What about the Muslim belief, the Jewish belief? Are you so close minded that you wont allow others to have their own beliefs? We believe in "the creator". You call him God, others call him mohammad/Yahweh/buddah, whatever. Are you saying that anyone that doesnt do as the catholics propound arent Christians.
Check your Koolaid...its getting thin....

Do I believe in God? No. I do believe in a spiritual being, though.
Whats it to you? Ill play in my sandbox, you play in yours.

F

CIWS
03-24-08, 09:42 PM
Oh goody, a discussion of religion :food-snacking:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-24-08, 09:45 PM
They're an equal opportunity cult.

EcSTSatic
03-24-08, 09:49 PM
Whats your point? We aim to cover all bases, not just christianity. What about the Muslim belief, the Jewish belief? Are you so close minded that you wont allow others to have their own beliefs? We believe in "the creator". You call him God, others call him mohammad/Yahweh/buddah, whatever. Are you saying that anyone that doesnt do as the catholics propound arent Christians.
Check your Koolaid...its getting thin....

Do I believe in God? No. I do believe in a spiritual being, though.
Whats it to you? Ill play in my sandbox, you play in yours.
F

Is this the same F that said:
"All Im saying is that, how the hell does the Catholic church have any legs to stand on when they dont know what Masonry is about? They are still telling you what to do as they have done for many, many years. It drives me nuts that uninformed people throw barbs when they are clueless as to what the Masons are about. Im very open to read/comment on anything you have to post."

I'm showing you that I ( a Catholic in case you haven't figured it out) do know what the Masons are about. And my original quote had nothing to do with other religions, I said the Masons do not recognize Christianity. It's clear to me from your own published text. What do you have to go on?

EcSTSatic
03-24-08, 09:56 PM
I'm done here. Your "dogma" is not mine.

93DevilleUSMC
03-24-08, 09:56 PM
"All Im saying is that, how the hell does the Catholic church have any legs to stand on when they dont know what Masonry is about? They are still telling you what to do as they have done for many, many years. It drives me nuts that uninformed people throw barbs when they are clueless as to what the Masons are about. Im very open to read/comment on anything you have to post."

I'm showing you that I ( a Catholic in case you haven't figured it out) do know what the Masons are about. And my original quote had nothing to do with other religions, I said the Masons do not recognize Christianity. It's clear to me from your own published text. What do you have to go on?

Actually, brother, if you read the text from a neutral viewpoint, it allows the recognition of each Mason's right to recognize whatever religion that man prefers. It could not recognize any given religion, for this would not respect the rights of all men.

Let's suppose that you're right, and the Catholic faith is the correct one. It would then be each man's responsibility to choose the Catholic church. If a person did not do it, he would be responsible for whatever eternal consequences he incurred upon himself.

Semper Fi, brother.

Florian
03-24-08, 09:57 PM

You wouldnt know unless you had that book, I suspect you would follow whatever the church demanded of you. To be a mason you have to believe in a supreme being. I would bet that the book is written that way as it is part of our history to deviate from Christianity...the same Christianity that brought you the Crusades, the problems in Ireland and just about anywhere else theres religious conflict.
What do I have to go on? THe fact that I think organized religion is bait for the weak. How else do you control people except thru fear (see: Christianity's Heaven and Hell theory - laughable) and the unknown (see: big white guy up in sky judging everything all the time - now thats rich).

Now, before this gets locked and I get spanked for being a mod that broke the rules, I will tell you this. Believe what you want, Ill follow my own path. I have no quarrel with anyone, masonic doctrine boils down to this: be a good person, do unto others and be a good example in your community.

I find those 3 things hard to argue with no matter what your beliefs.

F

Florian
03-24-08, 10:00 PM
I'm done here. Your "dogma" is not mine.

Im fine with that....we have our own sandboxes....thats what America is about.

F

Florian
03-24-08, 10:01 PM
Actually, brother, if you read the text from a neutral viewpoint, it allows the recognition of each Mason's right to recognize whatever religion that man prefers. It could not recognize any given religion, for this would not respect the rights of all men.

Let's suppose that you're right, and the Catholic faith is the correct one. It would then be each man's responsibility to choose the Catholic church. If a person did not do it, he would be responsible for whatever eternal consequences he incurred upon himself.

Semper Fi, brother.

well said, thank you. I get carried away sometimes.

Oh, and thank you for your service to our country.

Semper Fi

F

EcSTSatic
03-24-08, 10:11 PM

Semper Fi, brother.

I'm an adult convert. That was my choice after many hours of study.
As for God in general, I suppose my Marine Corps oath would be invalid if I didn't believe:

I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same. That I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Okay, now I'm done. Just wanted to recognize a fellow Marine

RightTurn
03-24-08, 10:12 PM

MODS!!! Oh, I see a couple of them are posting in this thread. :lol:

Way to hang in there, F. You know my feelings on this; good on ya.

thebigjimsho
03-24-08, 10:40 PM
Simply put, I don't think any religion should be based on man's opinion. Just give me truth.

Florian
03-24-08, 11:14 PM
As for God in general, I suppose my Marine Corps oath would be invalid if I didn't believe:

I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same. That I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Semper Fi to you EcStsatic...thank you for your service to our country.

F

Florian
03-24-08, 11:16 PM
MODS!!! Oh, I see a couple of them are posting in this thread. :lol:

Way to hang in there, F. You know my feelings on this; good on ya.

Thanks RT, Im very glad Ec hung in there too...he has his side, I have mine. We agree to disagree. Thats what makes this land of ours free. I fessed up to breaking the regs here, if I get my pee pee slapped, I deserve it.

F

Florian
03-24-08, 11:18 PM

Lol.

They're an equal opportunity cult.

indeed....wanna join?

F

EcSTSatic
03-24-08, 11:18 PM
Thanks F :highfive:

Florian
03-24-08, 11:19 PM
Thanks F :highfive:

you are most welcome.:thumbsup:

F

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-24-08, 11:55 PM
Lol.

indeed....wanna join?

F

Seriously?

Eric Kahn
03-25-08, 12:30 AM
Freemasonry is not a religion, to be one you have to believe in a higher being (God for me) our lodge has at least one Muslim in it, but we never discuss religion in the lodge, religion and politics are subjects that are not discussed in the lodge

and having gone to catholic school and taken religion (an interesting class) for 3 years, I feel the catholic church has no right to call the masons a secret "cult" until they show us how a pope is elected, they go to great lengths to make sure the process is secret

Florian
03-25-08, 01:20 AM
Seriously?

of course.

F

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-25-08, 01:35 AM
So what do you guys do? What's the agenda of the club? What's it's purpose?

93DevilleUSMC
03-25-08, 02:15 AM
well said, thank you. I get carried away sometimes.

Oh, and thank you for your service to our country.

Semper Fi

F

Anytime, sir! *snaps to attention* SEMPER FI!

ShadowLvr400
03-25-08, 02:24 AM
Actually, I wouldn't mind more information regarding the Freemasons. It might be something I could offer some skills and help to, if not much money.

93DevilleUSMC
03-25-08, 02:24 AM

Hey, I converted to the Mormon faith as an adult. What were you before you were Catholic, if I may ask?

Semper Fi, man.

EcSTSatic
03-25-08, 09:37 AM
Hey, I converted to the Mormon faith as an adult. What were you before you were Catholic, if I may ask?

Semper Fi, man.

I'm surprised this thread is still open!
I wasn't much of anything in my younger years. The wife and I tried the Methodist church when we were first married. Got really tired of listening to everyone's interpretation of the Bible. Then one Easter we tried the local Plymouth Congregational Church. After sitting through a "we don't know if Christ really rose from the dead" sermon (I'm still angry to this day for not walking out) we decided to learn the Catholic church's teaching. The rest is history. We've never looked back or had any doubts about our decision.

RightTurn
03-25-08, 10:03 AM
Just a little info on the Shriners...

The Shrine's charitable arm is the Shriners Hospitals for Children, a network of twenty-two hospitals in the United States, Mexico and Canada. It was formed to treat young victims of polio, but as that disease was controlled, they broadened their scope. They now deal with all pediatric cases, most especially with orthopedic injuries and disease and burns. The Shrine has pioneered new treatments for these conditions.

There is never any charge for treatment at a Shriners Hospital. There is no requirement for religion, race, or relationship to a Freemason. Patients must be under the age of eighteen and treatable. Local Shrine temples most often provide free transportation to the nearest hospital. In 2002, a mascot named "Fez Head Fred" debuted, primarily to visit their children's hospitals.

In 2005, Shriners Hospitals approved 37,755 new patient applications, attended to the needs of 123,385 patients and provided the following free of charge:

228,261 radiology procedures
305,455 outpatient, outreach and telemedicine visits
67,735 orthotic and prosthetic devices applied
24,627 surgical procedures
227,857 occupational therapy treatments
Shriners Hospitals' total budget for 2006 is $649 million, of which $616 million is targeted for operating expenses (including $33 million for research) and $33 million for buildings and equipment expenditures. During the 84-year history of the Shriners Hospitals, approximately $7.6 billion has been spent to operate Shriners Hospitals, and over $1.73 billion has been spent on construction and renovation. [6]

EcSTSatic
03-25-08, 02:21 PM
and having gone to catholic school and taken religion (an interesting class) for 3 years, I feel the catholic church has no right to call the masons a secret "cult" until they show us how a pope is elected, they go to great lengths to make sure the process is secret

It's a closed election (http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/04/0401_050401_popeelection.html) and it requires 2/3rds majority. With a Catholic education, you should know that. :confused:
It's not much different than any other anonymous voting.

I think "cult" has been used and abused for so long by secular and religious, no one will be able to agree on a definition.

in necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus caritas
(unity in all that is necessary, freedom in all that is subject to opinion, and charity in everything)

dkozloski
03-25-08, 03:22 PM
A new Pope is selected by a bunch of old boys club members plotting mischief in a back room, much like the mafia. Like any so-called anonymous voting there is unlimited opportunity for skulduggery. The reasoning is that the masses are not capable of governing themselves and require guidance by the annointed, much like liberal Democrats. In a republic the officials are elected by the public. In the church the officials are elected by each other. A sure-fire recipe for collusion and corruption. In that regard every religion shows a certain disregard for the ability of the masses to make reasoned choices.

gothicaleigh
03-25-08, 04:03 PM
Ever wonder what that "G" stands for?

http://www.8thdaycreations.com/images/gothicaleigh/gothiambigram.gif

:shhh:

concorso
03-25-08, 04:20 PM
I like the Shriners hats. Much cooler then the popes. IMO, moral fiber should be judged based on the quality of their hats. And if not that hat, then a really cool sash.

EcSTSatic
03-25-08, 05:04 PM
A new Pope is selected by a bunch of old boys club members plotting mischief in a back room, much like the mafia. Like any so-called anonymous voting there is unlimited opportunity for skulduggery. The reasoning is that the masses are not capable of governing themselves and require guidance by the annointed, much like liberal Democrats. In a republic the officials are elected by the public. In the church the officials are elected by each other. A sure-fire recipe for collusion and corruption. In that regard every religion shows a certain disregard for the ability of the masses to make reasoned choices.

I'm sure you are right :yawn:

RightTurn
03-25-08, 05:45 PM
I like the Shriners hats. Much cooler then the popes. IMO, moral fiber should be judged based on the quality of their hats. And if not that hat, then a really cool sash.

Agree. :lol:

AMGoff
03-25-08, 06:06 PM
If one chooses to believe in a higher power, anything beyond basic deism is presumptuous conjecture... the only thing any of us knows for sure is we humans were endowed with a conscious free will... so by our inherent nature - to each his/her own.

Regardless of that, it's not the Masons anyone needs to worry about... it's the Illuminati :hide:

Florian
03-25-08, 06:10 PM
So what do you guys do? What's the agenda of the club? What's it's purpose?

Agenda is to make good men better....how? By joining a fraternity of likeminded individuals, we strive to be upstanding members of the community, have high moral standards and live by the guiding rule of "do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

Actually, I wouldn't mind more information regarding the Freemasons. It might be something I could offer some skills and help to, if not much money.

Dues are pretty paltry per year...our lodge is 45/yr. All you need to do is commit some time (we meet once a month for 2-3 hours)..and thats it. Then go be good citizens.

here ya go fellas. http://www.masonicinfo.com/primer.htm

F

dkozloski
03-25-08, 06:11 PM
If one chooses to believe in a higher power, anything beyond basic deism is presumptuous conjecture... the only thing any of us knows for sure is we humans were endowed with a conscious free will... so by our inherent nature - to each his/her own.

Regardless of that, it's not the Masons anyone needs to worry about... it's the Illuminati :hide:
What do light bulbs have to do with religion?

Florian
03-25-08, 06:12 PM
http://www.8thdaycreations.com/images/gothicaleigh/gothiambigram.gif

:shhh:

coincidence???? Hmmmmmmmm.

F

illumina
03-26-08, 12:27 AM
I should change my handle so nobody will suspect...:D

concorso
03-31-08, 07:24 PM
Regardless of that, it's not the Masons anyone needs to worry about... it's the Illuminati :hide: Rosicrucianists rule the world.

Id love to start my own secret society, I think that would be fun. We could dress up in Mercedes jackets and vandalize food banks and homeless shelters.
We could call ourselves the Cadilacorians. We could have badges and pins. Ooooh, and a theme song!

I dont have anything against the freemasons, but I just picture a bunch of balding 50-somethings in tighty whiteys lounging in saunas discussing cheese and singing show tunes.

93DevilleUSMC
04-01-08, 07:13 PM
Yup..I had an end-time conspiracy nut who told me that the reason my daughter died was because I PROBABLY had an ancestor or relative that was a freemason:rolleyes:

I am so sorry that I missed this one, but it really does enforce my belief that humanity is devolving as opposed to evolving. I hope you went off in their faces for even so much as daring to insult your daughter's memory like that. People who push these theories love to use psychology. They'll find something personal, say that it was God punishing you, and then say that God will punish your further unless you join their belief system.:mad:

Then, if you don't agree, they say that you are rejecting God, and that something must be your fault.

gothicaleigh
04-02-08, 10:33 AM
Simply put, I don't think any religion should be based on man's opinion. Just give me truth.

...be careful, that kind of thinking leads to the dark side. http://www.8thdaycreations.com/images/gothicaleigh/gothiwink.gif

coincidence???? Hmmmmmmmm.

Weird, I know. But let me explain.

It's widely known that the world is controlled by the true inner circle of Freemasonry, better known as the Illuminati.
But less widely known is that the Illuminati is controlled by me, and I only take orders from God.

By the way, "God" is a schoolgirl in Japan named Haruhi Suzumiya.

Hope that clears things up.

CIWS
04-02-08, 06:10 PM
By the way, "God" is a schoolgirl in Japan named Haruhi Suzumiya.

I thought it was Gogo Yubari ?

ABCF
04-06-08, 08:05 PM

absolutely pathetic,that is one of the most dispicable thing i have heard.

EcSTSatic
04-06-08, 09:29 PM
Anyone see this link in the right hand Cadillac Ads section? How do they get there? Do they parse a thread subject or something?

Masonic Secrets Revealed (http://www.masonicsecretsrevealed.com/freemasonry.html?gclid=CO-H-OrWx5ICFQVexgod1QYfbQ)

93DevilleUSMC
04-06-08, 09:53 PM
Anyone see this link in the right hand Cadillac Ads section? How do they get there? Do they parse a thread subject or something?

Masonic Secrets Revealed (http://www.masonicsecretsrevealed.com/freemasonry.html?gclid=CO-H-OrWx5ICFQVexgod1QYfbQ)

Didn't you notice that this web site doesn't give the name of the source? That's because they didn't get this from a soon-to-be murdered Mason: they drudged up information which exists on the internet, whether true or false, and created the story of the murdered Mason to scare people into purchasing their supposedly all-revealing $25-dollar PDF file.

DopeStar 156
04-07-08, 12:42 AM

So they DO eat babies.....

dkozloski
04-07-08, 01:08 AM
So they DO eat babies.....
Yeah, but I'm sure they spit out the bones.

Florian
04-07-08, 01:10 AM
we prefer baby thighs...theyre so chubby....taste like chicken.

F

DopeStar 156
04-07-08, 01:33 AM
we prefer baby thighs...theyre so chubby....taste like chicken.

F

"Who's goin' chicken huntin'?"

"We's goin' chicken huntin'!"

EcSTSatic
04-07-08, 10:06 AM
Didn't you notice that this web site doesn't give the name of the source? That's because they didn't get this from a soon-to-be murdered Mason: they drudged up information which exists on the internet, whether true or false, and created the story of the murdered Mason to scare people into purchasing their supposedly all-revealing $25-dollar PDF file.

Does the forum have any control over what shows up in the ads section?

93DevilleUSMC
04-07-08, 02:38 PM
Does the forum have any control over what shows up in the ads section?

One would think so, but I can't answer for certain.