: Found This Site,, Just In Time..

donhmcdonald
05-23-04, 02:31 AM
Hey,,

I found you guys at just the right time.. I live out in the Wild West,, in Wells, Nevada.. Located in the NorthEast Corner of the State at the junction of I-80 & US 93.. 70 miles from Idaho,, and 70 miles from the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah.

Growing up and old with Wide Open Highways,, I always liked Cadillacs,, and remember we didn't use to have SPEED LIMITS..

When your nearest town is 50 miles,, and you drive 300 - 400 miles to watch kids in High School Sports,, etc.. and maybe some groceries along the way.... You want something you can relax in..:cool:

I just inherited a '92 Seville from my X.. It's actually a great car,, but she drove it with out keeping up with odds and ends.. :rant2: I bought it from her because the engine has less than 15,000 miles.. I can deal with the rest..

I've been active in a Mustang Site,, mustangsandmore.com,, as I have a '66 Fastback.. It's a great site full of True Blue Oval fans.. :hide: They're a lot of fun..

Looking forward to spending sometime here also.

Don McDonald

journey
05-23-04, 03:45 PM
Welcome Don! I just found the site also. I have always been a fan of Cadillacs. I previously owned two Sevilles, one was a 1980 and the other a 1984 with the 4, 6, 8 engine(not such a great car). Good luck with yours.:) -Journey

CADDYBLACK99
05-24-04, 09:54 AM
Welcome Don!
Thanks for joining the forum! We are glad you found us. Have fun.
:welcome:
Paul

slc
05-24-04, 05:01 PM
Hey I am new to this board also, welcome.

I had a 94 DeVille and now a 98Eldorado ETC. I call it my "Rich mans" Sportscar.:bouncy:

I have read the articles on the Cadillac 4-6-8 and they all spoke highly of the engine and its functions, when they worked.;) The problem was, GM in a penny pinching moment, bought the chip at LOWEST BID:tisk: so the customer was at the mercy of the CADILLAC/GM buyers.

According to the reviews, the car did get fair to good mileage due to the 4-6-8 technology, but the chip would fail.:rant2: OF COURSE GM wanted you to remortgage your home to get another one so most would just pull the plug and use the car in 8 all the time. Cadillac/GM are their own worst enemy at times.

I still growl thinking of GM buying OLDSMOBILE for the name (and $) and then SHUTTING THEM DOWN,:suspect: gone forever when they could'nt make them produce, after making all the bodies look the same in all divisions, except Cadillac, which now come in a familiar "Coffin" design.:helpless:

Welcome the show. slc