: SW system installed and no DRONE!!!!!

Naf
03-22-08, 02:39 PM
WOOHOO,

Well the bad news is i still need to fix my MAF connections, but the good news is i took the time and installed my SW headers and exhaust system...

I dropped of the car in the mornin, they gave it a couple of hours to cool and then started to work...

It went in without takin off the steerin column, and well the whole system installed perfectly except the rear had to be modified...She is gonna go in to the dealer tomorrow for some work, Open a job card and order me a new hood liner...May get the new V liner...

Good news is it didnt cost me much, i also installed bosch fusions and my moroso wires with DEI boot covers...

Bad news is they stripped th oil dipstick bolt...A word came to mind, but i cant blame them...I will fix it on my spare time...Its a simple bolt.

I am gonna take then time and record the sweet note she makes, and give my feedback on this mod....

Follow up will take a while, but next mod is Specter spacers then KARs cradle...

heavymetals
03-22-08, 03:25 PM
Looks BITCHIN.:cool2:

Looks like your pushing the envelope as far as whatever space was availabe too!

As a suggestion:

I got right angle caps (MSD) and replaced the coil exit.

Wires don't hit or rub now.

trukk
03-22-08, 06:37 PM
Thos 3" systems look about 800x bigger than the 2.5's.

Lookin' good :thumbsup:

We need a sound clip now please :D

-Chris

Flyboy
03-22-08, 08:52 PM
It does look good. Where do you find a shop to work on it there in "the desert" ? ?

Naf
03-23-08, 01:20 AM
Looks BITCHIN.:cool2:

Looks like your pushing the envelope as far as whatever space was availabe too!

As a suggestion:

I got right angle caps (MSD) and replaced the coil exit.

Wires don't hit or rub now.

Oddly enough, i dont have a rubbin issue...The morosso wires are identical to stock and i covered them in the DEI boot covers for additional heat protection...idle is a weeeee bit high, but she will settle once the PCM gets its readins

Naf
03-23-08, 01:26 AM
It does look good. Where do you find a shop to work on it there in "the desert" ? ?

Well there is this place right next to a camel track...They had a slot for me between races so i did my work there :lildevil:

Come on, not everything is desert for me...We have the largest service facility in the middle east...And the most amount of luxury cars to capital...

Naf
03-23-08, 09:53 AM
Additional feedback on SW headers and Exhaust system....

Ok i have A LOT OF OIL IN THE SYSTEM...Still smokin the crap out the pipes...Needs a nice run on the highway and it will burn all that out...

I closed the windows and there is a little bit of drone, Easily rectified...I think once the system runs a bit the tone will drop, then i will insert my SS inserts which will drop it a few more decibles...

In regards to the engine heat, OMG what a FKN difference...I putt putt around for a while, which would have the engine bay boilin, but this time, very little heat...Like i said the high flow mufflers reduced backpressure lessens the heat's chance to radiate through the pipes...

She also pulls very hard in 4th...Will do a clip once i get her back from the garage...

Additionally, durin my putt putt, i did goosed it a little, and WOW that needle moves FAST...Especially in 4th now...

nikon
03-23-08, 11:38 AM

lol, it's Kuwait, not iraq......

Naf
03-31-08, 01:00 PM
OK, I finally put over a 100miles on with my new exhaust.

i have the following to express...

WOW, she accelerates FKN FAST..
At 85mph she is quiet as a cat, nuttin in the inside
The roar, is really nice once we hit 3500....

Now in traffic the exhaust note/ drone is a little annoyin, as well as between 1500 to 2100 rpm.

I got in touch with SW and am awaitin their response...

I am also thinkin of modifyin the exhaust system a little with the baffle valve similar to the C6 exhaust. Does anyone know where i can find this type of kit to keep the noise under wraps when i want it to, then ROAR when she has to...

Tune and dyno sheet comin in a couple of weeks

CTSV_510
03-31-08, 01:03 PM
where are the videos? I wanna hear!

Naf
04-02-08, 02:17 AM
I couldnt find my camera last night...So i used my camera phone...The quality is barely ok, not AWESOME...Will try again tonight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuUMl-DY0y4

Naf
04-03-08, 08:09 AM
ALRIGHTY THEN!!!!

Take two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVYyCtpuI88

The tahoe on the left is mine and notice the nice pedestrians moving around the camera rather then infront of the camera...

Turn the volume way up, i have been told she sounds like a Nascar...

trukk
04-03-08, 10:50 AM
Thread Title: SW system installed and no DRONE!!!!!

I closed the windows and there is a little bit of drone, Easily rectified...I think once the system runs a bit the tone will drop, then i will insert my SS inserts which will drop it a few more decibles...

OK, I finally put over a 100miles on with my new exhaust....
Now in traffic the exhaust note/ drone is a little annoyin, as well as between 1500 to 2100 rpm.

I got in touch with SW and am awaitin their response...

I just thought the change in attitude over a few miles was interesting :D.

ALRIGHTY THEN!!!!

Take two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVYyCtpuI88

The tahoe on the left is mine and notice the nice pedestrians moving around the camera rather then infront of the camera...

Turn the volume way up, i have been told she sounds like a Nascar...

When I first started watching that, I was like "WOW! NAF'S CAR IS HELLA DROPPED!"...then you walk the camera up to the front, and you see the curb. It isn't obvious at all initially.

Sounds good. Enjoy!

-Chris

P.S. Pull off that trashcan lid on top of your engine.

Naf
04-03-08, 12:07 PM
:) true, but hat trashlid will be replaced soon with a sweet CF one in the near future..

As for the change in attitude, i am lookin for hush power...I installed a Cadillac exhaust system on my tahoe, and its pure power with no noise...I can think and whisper to my date...Now i have to shout to hear my self think....NOT A GOOD IDEA WHEN COURTIN....Been there, tried that...

atdeneve
04-03-08, 02:51 PM
Nafsky, do away with the limp wrist. Not a good idea when courtin.

Courtin ... Haha. Naf, you funny. They don't need no romance. Them betches just wanna be caulked like some old mildewy bathroom tiles.

Oh dear, I should be muzzled. :nono:

Go sit in the corner, you sad, sad little boy.

The Tony Show
04-03-08, 08:26 PM
Clean your engine bay and put your PS reservoir cap on right side up! :thepan:

Sounds good, btw. :D