: Corsa Catback Vid Clip

rangerrob
03-22-08, 01:17 AM
here's a clip of my exhaust, it was 50 degrees out yesterday so i cleaned it up, and then it snows like 7 inches today, go figure... anyways, if it gets revved over 4k it sounds like something is rattling, is that normal? :eek: it sounds like something is loose or vibrates, let me know what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b2GqO_um_U

HushH
03-22-08, 02:30 AM
Sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

Natedog
03-22-08, 04:12 AM
note is good... idle sounds terrible... tighten everything up, and align those tips... it may take loosening everything from the front back, but its worth the extra time

rand49er
03-22-08, 07:17 AM
... if it gets revved over 4k it sounds like something is rattling ...Yeah, I noticed that, too. Doesn't happen when you revved it to a lower RPM, only when you went up to ~4k RPM. Almost like the Corsa baffling itself is loose and gives off a rattling sound.

As suggested above, I'd just make sure all is snug, and drive it! :thumbsup:

The Tony Show
03-22-08, 10:11 AM
That sure sounds familiar. :rolleyes:

Vroooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmclatterclatterclatterclatt erkkkkkkhhhhhh...

Trust me, nothing's loose- I had my entire Corsa system welded together at the seams and it still does it. I think it's just the nature of the Corsa.

wooderson
03-22-08, 11:27 AM
Check the resonator. Mine is currently cracked in two places.

rangerrob
03-22-08, 02:47 PM
Check the resonator. Mine is currently cracked in two places.

can any exhaust shop retighten and straighten them out and check the resonators, or replace them if needed? don't have the jack, tools, or time to do it myself

Naf
03-23-08, 11:03 AM
Buddy check the trunk there's a monster in there growlin.....

How is it on the inside with the windows closed?

wooderson
03-23-08, 01:26 PM
can any exhaust shop retighten and straighten them out and check the resonators, or replace them if needed? don't have the jack, tools, or time to do it myselfIt is easily seen and heard when car is raised. They crack in front of the resonator where it connects to the cats. My local mechanic put the car on the lift for me. I don't know what the fix is yet. I purchased the system from my Caddy dealer. I'll let them deal with Corsa.

ozdemir23
08-03-08, 01:42 AM
Did you ever fix the exhaust sound? Mine sounds identical and need help in getting it fixed. Thanks.

rangerrob
08-04-08, 11:53 PM
it's better, but not a compelte fix, i actually called corsa, and they sent me two new cans and h pipe to try and figure out what the problem was. its soudns better, as i think something inside the cans was rattling, but there is still a nasty little cackle after the car revs... either keep the corsa and never get headers, or get magnaflow cans and swap them up to the corsa parts if you want headers... welcome to mod hell

shudog
09-09-08, 04:07 PM
the "nasty cackle after the car revs" is typical rasp from LS engines when the cats are removed. Do some reading on LS1tech under the exhaust section and search for "rasp". That's exactly what your car has and installing some high flow cats will absolutely cure it. The Corsa is a great setup.