: Borla Exhaust Video

93RoadRacer
03-21-08, 08:00 PM
Below is a link to a YouTube video I created comparing the stock CTS-V exhaust to the Borla system installed the same day. This is otherwise a bone stock 2006 I just picked up. You can still see the dealer plates on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZojjUOpXfq8

Went with the Borla since they are local and they use machines we build in their factory. At first I was put off by the 5" tips, but they blend well with the car and do not give off the squidboy effect. Installed with out a glitch and fit snugly to the underside of the car. Not as rowdy as B&B, but just the right subtly for me.

Scott

rand49er
03-21-08, 08:36 PM
Very effective comparison.

Like the sound, too! :thumbsup:

Civardi
03-21-08, 08:46 PM
The tips are huge but look really good. I was all for the B&B but now may have some more pondering to do. Nice sound on the video.

CTSV_510
03-21-08, 08:58 PM
Never heard the borla before, very nice! :thumbsup:

Natedog
03-21-08, 09:17 PM
sounds awesome... hows the drone on the highway??

JD03Cobra
03-21-08, 10:22 PM
Very nice! how much was the borla setup?

mgscustomtune
03-21-08, 11:57 PM
The Borla is nice but Corsa all the way.

lilred
03-22-08, 12:11 AM
Love the sound! Hate the tips :(

93RoadRacer
03-22-08, 12:58 AM
The video doesn't do the tips justice. I had the camera sitting about 18" off of the ground, so you are looking down the cans. In person, they don't look too absurd, they fill those big opening in the bumper quite well.

Any V8 I've had has had the typical drone around 2K. This is no different. However, it's not obtrusive or bothersome. Frankly the overall sound is the best off many cars and setups I have had in the past.

$1,300 installed. I didn't bicker too much over the price; at this point I just wanted someone who wasn't a hack so I don't have to correct their work.

When looking through all the videos I found on YouTube, the one thing I never found was a back to back comparison. When you look at this way you really get a feel for the deeper tone the Borla offers.

In a nut shell, I'm happy.

Scott

trukk
03-22-08, 07:19 PM
WOW! And I thought the corsa 4"-ers were too big. Sounds nice, but not diggin them thar sewer pipes.

-Chris

SkullV
03-22-08, 11:10 PM
Sounds pretty good! I dont mind the tips either. I like this sound..but I LOVE the Magnaflow sound! To each their own!