: how many of you get flash by other driver??

dowhat103
03-21-08, 07:17 PM
so how many of you get flash at by other driver at night?
cause alot of my friends say that when i was going drown the stree on my escalade it look like i have my high bean on...

TSS
03-21-08, 07:54 PM
A friend of mine with an 08 said he got flashed a lot at Mardi Gras.

403HP
03-21-08, 09:28 PM
I got flashed by other drivers every night. The headlights are very easy to adjust. I lowered the beam a bit and no more flashing. Now for Mardi Gras I only wish I had that problem.

Dif
03-21-08, 09:58 PM
When the 07's came out, quite a few head lights were adjusted sky high from the Factory and could be the same for 08's.
My 07 headlights were Literally sky high.
Low beam was at windshield level to on coming cars and when I put the high beams on, they were Actually in the tree tops.
Just need to adjust them lower.
When adjusted correctly on low beam.. the left headlight should shine just left of the center of the road at tailight height of a car, about 25-30 feet ahead.
The right headlight should be adjusted slightly higher and to the right, to light up the very edge of the road.
This helps you keep your bearings in relation to where you are on the road.
You can clearly see the edge of the road and anyone walking.

I find it also helps if I'm blinded by on coming lights, ... I avert my eyes to the edge of the road, where the lights are shining and can still see.

boss513
03-22-08, 05:14 AM
When the 07's came out, quite a few head lights were adjusted sky high from the Factory and could be the same for 08's.
My 07 headlights were Literally sky high.
Low beam was at windshield level to on coming cars and when I put the high beams on, they were Actually in the tree tops.
Just need to adjust them lower.
When adjusted correctly on low beam.. the left headlight should shine just left of the center of the road at tailight height of a car, about 25-30 feet ahead.
The right headlight should be adjusted slightly higher and to the right, to light up the very edge of the road.
This helps you keep your bearings in relation to where you are on the road.
You can clearly see the edge of the road and anyone walking.

I find it also helps if I'm blinded by on coming lights, ... I avert my eyes to the edge of the road, where the lights are shining and can still see.

i leveled my front end, so i know it only makes things worse for drivers. But i'm not going to do any adjusting, i like the fact when people are drivin slow in the fast lane, the lights so bright it makes them finally switch lanes since the lights shine all in there mirrors.

hcvone
03-22-08, 07:24 AM
As Dif said many 07' were adjusted so high from the factory you could land planes with the headlights, the first in 30 plus GM car's/truck's I have owned that were like this, most are pointed 6 feet in front from the factory.

BMBSALES
03-22-08, 12:22 PM
i love em high from factory. probably get flashed 7 out of 10 passing cars

LFTW8S
03-22-08, 03:21 PM
cause alot of my friends say that when i was going drown the stree on my escalade it look like i have my high bean on...

I get flashed a lot but I'm not sure if it becasue my low beams are shy high or the fact I put xenons in my fog lights!!! Could be both!! HAHA

LFTW8S
03-22-08, 03:29 PM

I get flashed a lot but I'm not sure if it becasue my low beams are shy high or the fact I put xenons in my fog lights!!! Could be both!! HAHA

Rubberdee
03-22-08, 09:09 PM
yes... i get Flashed alot too, its because the trucks so nice..... right?

NAFTA
03-22-08, 09:29 PM
brights for life, id rather be able to see all the pothole than bust my rims
its not like they're laser pointers or something.
that would be funny as hell though, if you got some REAL bright headlights and they made someone else run over a pedestrian or something cuz they couldn't see nothin

Salo
03-23-08, 11:53 AM
I thought I was the only one with this problem. Specially since I lowered the back 3" and the front 2". When I get around to it, I will probably adjust the lights myself.

hcvone
03-24-08, 10:56 AM
The lights are easy to adjust, there is only and up and down adjustment, pull 25ft away from a wall or garage door on level ground, adjust the light and go for a short ride to check the height. :) I believe you will need a size 15 torx to do the adjustment. :)

91sonomast
03-24-08, 04:00 PM
yes we have had a few people come in for this, and one or two with warnings from police officers. a good rule of thumb is get on a good flat surface and measure where your headlight is on your body, for example on me, a escalade headlight projector is right at my waist, back up 10-20feet from a wall and lower the headlights until the cut off line is about waist high, or wherever the projector came up to on your body. that is how we have been doing them, and 2-3 people have said they went to the police station and the police officers said it was fine after we did that adjustment.

Zhariak
03-24-08, 11:41 PM
I actually get flashed quite a bit, but I know my lights are at the right hieght..

One thing I did notice is that the highbeams do show the top of 30 foot trees, hahah..

Just flash back, blind the ****ers... When i used to be a minion I learned howto not STARE at the HIDs, lol...

Palomar9
03-25-08, 02:39 AM
I don't think I've ever been flashed in 12 months now. Of course, around here people are used to headlights pointing everywhere but on the road. Flashing headlights is like honking the horn - nobody could care less.

TSS
03-25-08, 09:08 AM
I cannot recall ever being flashed, with headlights, in the Lade either. My SRX did come from the factory with poorly aimed headlights that needed to be adjusted. I got flashed a few times in that before the adjustment.

With proper adjustment, nobody should really be getting flashed IMO. However, I don't have NAV, which means I don't have the articulating lights which came with NAV in 07.... wonder if those getting flashed more all have NAV....

hcvone
03-25-08, 09:12 AM
I cannot recall ever being flashed, with headlights, in the Lade either. My SRX did come from the factory with poorly aimed headlights that needed to be adjusted. I got flashed a few times in that before the adjustment.

With proper adjustment, nobody should really be getting flashed IMO. However, I don't have NAV, which means I don't have the articulating lights which came with NAV in 07.... wonder if those getting flashed more all have NAV....

My 06' SRX was fine, but my 08' SRX's headlights were pointing into the ground about 10 feet in front of the truck, the lowest I have ever seen from the factory. :(

SWRidin
03-25-08, 12:35 PM
You don't need to buy a torx bit. I use a small 7mm or 8mm socket (1/4 inch drive) to adjust the lights. I use the back wall of my garage. Marked starting locations with a pencil. Cranked them down a bit and tested them at night.

I nolonger get high beamed and I don't light up 30 foot trees. I was blinding truckers when I'd pass and they'd high beam me after I passed them. I don't like to high beam others, I'd rather not piss off some crazy guy on the edge drunk with a loaded gun. Especially when I'm with the wife and kids.

hcvone
03-25-08, 03:50 PM
They are hex on the outside too, thanks, I have long torx screwdrivers, I know the Corvette's are just torx screws, no hex on the outside

bullishpip
03-25-08, 04:42 PM
I get flashed all the time. And yes, they light up the tops of trees as well :P

Quicksilver08
03-25-08, 05:04 PM
yea i get flashed a lot, ive gotten into wars with people at intersections trying to flash at me thinking my hi beams are on, but it shuts them up right away when you really turn your brights on..... I love it!!!

roccos_van
03-25-08, 06:09 PM
Not very often...

ironmc01
03-25-08, 10:14 PM
i love getting flashed cause i just leave the high beams on until they stop =D

xmanpro
03-28-08, 08:15 PM
bad build quality we should not be getting flashed with settings from the factory IMO...

hcvone
03-29-08, 10:06 AM
Not really a build quality problem, they probably just layed off the person that did the headlight adjustments. ;)