: Help 2003 Escalade Stability SYS Disabled

Carmar
03-21-08, 02:09 PM
This week I had 2 times problems with my 2003 Escalade EXT. The message STABILITY SYS DISABLED cam on the display and while the truck was running, everything stopped. When I tried to start the engine again, it didn't start. After looking for a while, there was 1 fuse broken (PRIME). After replace the 20a fuse I could drive again. At my local dealer, the couldn't find anything in the computer. No error codes.
Now after 3 days, my truck failed again :mad:. So I replaced again the PRIME fuse, but also the new fuse broke.

Has anyone idea's? Tips?

Thanks.

DaveH28
03-24-08, 09:23 PM
Some more info please..

The fuse is marked "PRIME" on the fuse box? Is it underhood or in the dash?

When you say the truck wont restart, does it crank over /click / do nothing?

The stability system is not causing the truck not to start, it's a side effect of what's happening...

Carmar
03-25-08, 05:57 AM
> Some more info please..
>
>The fuse is marked "PRIME" on the fuse box? Is it underhood or in the dash?
>
>When you say the truck wont restart, does it crank over /click / do nothing?
>
>The stability system is not causing the truck not to start, it's a side effect of what's happening...
>

Thanks.

The PRIME fuse is marked as "not used" in the instructions manual. This is in the fuse box underhood.

When it didn't restart, there is no click or noise from the starter motor.

My mechanic came to my place to check for the problem. He replaced again the fuse and for now the message is disappeared and the started motor worked again, but now it didn't start. We found out, that it gets no fuel. The Fuel relay is oke. The injectors gets the power, but now fuel.

ewill3rd
03-25-08, 06:43 AM
What you are replacing is, I suspect, actually the PCM B fuse.
The "prime" is an empty terminal next to the fuel pump relay. They use that open hole as to "prime" the fuel pump before starting the engine at the factory, I also use that for diagnosis. There is no fuse in it.
The PCM B fuse is located just next to the relay itself also.

What has happened is the wiring inside the fuel tank is melting. The gray power wire for the fuel pump has overheated and due to the way it was installed the wire it is touching has melted to it. Occasionally when you hit a bump or the wire gets warm enough the wires are making contact and blowing the fuse.

What it boils down to is that you need a new fuel pump. You are in no real danger of injury, but it needs to be fixed. I have seen this a lot.
It is just going to keep getting worse until you get the tank pulled out and the pump replaced.

DaveH28
03-26-08, 10:16 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking as well.. I also figured it was the PCM B+ fuse.. this is very common on these trucks when the fuel pump overheats (especially 02 and 03)...

He's right about the fuel pump.. and when the PCM fuse blows it disables the stability... When the fuel pump goes it will cause a crank, no start condition, but once that fuse is blown it will not crank at all...

The fuel pump is big bucks, unfortuneatly.. But one of these days when that fuse blows and you go to replace it, it will probably just crank over but not start and that's probably the end of the line for the pump. If it does happen to you though and you are stuck somewhere, get under the truck and bang on the fuel tank and you may be able to get it started.. after that I'd have the pump replaced ASAP...

Good luck..

ctrex7
01-15-14, 10:16 PM
I have a 03 escalde base model6.0. And i have yet to figure it out. My light comes on then off that says "reduced engine power. And then the check engine light comes on. Now get this after i turn the key off for awhile the reduced engine power light goes off but the check engine light stays on . Theres more i have seen the check engine light go off as well. There was a code thar said my throttle position sensor was bad and miss fires. Please help me with this if you can . ctrex7@gmail.com

the cadillac man
01-16-14, 12:33 AM
I have a 03 escalde base model6.0. And i have yet to figure it out. My light comes on then off that says "reduced engine power. And then the check engine light comes on. Now get this after i turn the key off for awhile the reduced engine power light goes off but the check engine light stays on . Theres more i have seen the check engine light go off as well. There was a code thar said my throttle position sensor was bad and miss fires. Please help me with this if you can . ctrex7@gmail.com

Could be the pedal sensor or a sensor in the throttle body
Get the codes pulled so I can help more as to which part you need to replace