: Brands Of Oil ?

Raider81
03-21-08, 12:31 AM
What brand of oil do you fellas use ? Also regular oil or synthetic?

I'm trying to figure what use on my 2001 deville!! new caddy owner!!!!

thewireman*
03-21-08, 12:53 AM
I've been really happy with Mobile One synthetic oil... With AC/Delco oil filter...

codewize
03-21-08, 09:36 AM
I think people do this just to watch us argue.

Just for fun I'll actually answer this in the usual fashion.

I, for year and years have done this with every single car I've ever owned. This is how it goes.

The day or so before an oil change I throw in a 1/2 quart of MMO. I drive around for the next day or so, in theory cleaning and loosening any sludge.

Then I do the oil change again in theory now draining all the crap out.

Then the refill consists of a WIX filter, Valvoline 10W-30, and a half quart of Lucas.

I've driven all of my vehicles well over 200k on this ritual.

Now I will say I only altered this for the N* because everyone says no additives bla bla bla. So I take that with a grain of salt and I only do the additive part about every other oil change. Sometimes every third

Additionally I personally believe that Synth oil is a waste of money. It definitely has benefits, but unless you're going to run you're oil for 25000 miles and keep the car for 2 million miles or so, you'll never get to see the benefits. At more than twice the cost I'll stick with conventional oil and change it as needed. If you have to crawl under there to change the filter anyway you might as well take the additional 2 minutes and change the oil.

Submariner409
03-21-08, 11:52 AM
I'll go you one further and suggest that Raider81 do some homework and read the Archives ^^^, and do a LONG search here in Northstar.

Code, I agee with you wholeheartedly and frequently wish people would heed the introduction at the top of the intro page.

Raider81, It's not that people in here are against spilling as much info as possible on anything they know, but that one gets tired of typing the exact same paragraph on the exact same subject every 10 days. Learn to search, read the stickys, read the archives, jot down the usually recommended parts and info sites, and then ask educated questions. Learn who gives info and who gives hot air. ......and remember, we're all in here to learn !

Raider81
03-21-08, 08:32 PM
Thanks everyone for taking some time to answer my question.

codewize
03-21-08, 10:12 PM
:thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for taking some time to answer my question.

porkfarm
03-21-08, 11:34 PM
Check out bob is the oil guy website. Those folks are silly about picking oils ... I love that site.

limoguy
03-25-08, 10:45 AM
I use whatever brand name 10/30 is on sale. She perrs like a kitten with 152k