: I'm new here

DutchJ&M
05-22-04, 07:28 PM
Hi,
I'm new to this forum:hide:

The reason for getting a suscription is, that we're planning to buy a Cadillac.
Probably it's gonna be a Seville, but we're not sure yet.
Cause we have seen a few of them overhere in our country, and some of them weren't what we expected. Here we noticed, that there is a difference in the rear of the Seville. I've seen pix of ones with small lights and ones with bigger lights. So I think we'll have to look for the ones after 1993 to get one with the larger lights.

elwesso
05-22-04, 11:13 PM
Welcome aboard, thanks for signing up :wave:

So youre looking for an older seville, 93+. Nice choice, those are sharp looking cars. Search our forums for information about the cars, and feel free to post stuff!!!

CADDYBLACK99
05-24-04, 08:59 AM
Welcome DutchJ&M!

Its nice to hear from our international friends! We have several members from you country. Check out this link it will help you find a good quality used caddy. If you need further info please let us know! Good luck.
:welcome:
Paul

slc
05-24-04, 04:09 PM
Hey Welcome
I too am new here.

The Seville, the older models like you are looking at, attracted me also, I love the look for a 4 door and the clean streamlined style. Ended up with a Eldorado, front looks similar to Seville, but still drool at those lovely lines on the older Sevilles. I hope you find your favorite car.

slc

DutchJ&M
06-04-04, 11:25 AM
Well, we bought one!

It's a '98 Seville STS, original European style, so not with miles but kilometers.
It'll be delivered in 3 weeks tops, cause they first will change the steering wheel and some other small parts that were not as they should be.

It's green on the outside and light interieur.
I will post a picture as soon as the car is ready.:bouncy:

CADDYBLACK99
06-04-04, 04:44 PM
Good for you! Congrats!
:D
Paul

BUILDINGCTSAMG
06-04-04, 11:37 PM
welcome!

Cadence
06-06-04, 02:40 PM
Welcome Dutch!

I'm sure those BMWs and Mercedes will be surprised to see that STS pulling up behind them unexpectingly :lildevil:

The last time I was in Eurpoe, was in Jun of '90 (Zweibrucken Germany). So much as changed since then..... I wish I could go back, now that I'm old enough to drive.

DutchJ&M
06-07-04, 02:45 PM
Welcome Dutch!

I'm sure those BMWs and Mercedes will be surprised to see that STS pulling up behind them unexpectingly :lildevil:

The last time I was in Eurpoe, was in Jun of '90 (Zweibrucken Germany). So much as changed since then..... I wish I could go back, now that I'm old enough to drive.
LOL, yeah.:rolleyes:
But we don't live in Germany, and overhere it's all speedbumps a.s.o.
And there is a speedlimit in the Netherlands of 75 Mph. But we're close to the border and by the end of this month some friends of us, who live in SC come over for a visit. And we're taking them to a castle in Germany. So we'll see :2thumbs: .

majax
06-19-04, 04:21 AM
Thats cool do the Autoban!(if thats spelt right). Good luck with the car and a big congradulations.

:welcome: This guy says it all

DutchJ&M
07-06-04, 07:36 AM
We did that last week with some friends from SC, who came over for a visit.

Until now, the highest speed we reached is 100Mph:) , cause it was crowded on the Autobahn, and we must get used to this car.

But it is a very nice ride, we drove 2000 miles in the 10 days they were here, and we didn't get tired at all. One can hold the steering wheel with just two fingers, and it looks like you're driving 50Mph i.s.o. 100Mph.

I would like to say that this is the best car we ever had

Ormond
07-07-04, 01:47 PM
Good luck with your new car. It is a beauty!!:bouncy:

DutchJ&M
07-11-04, 10:42 AM

BeelzeBob
07-12-04, 11:04 AM
1998 started the model with the bigger tail lights.. 1992 through 1997 looked the same... Congratulations! Thank you for signing up! Welcome...

DutchJ&M
10-15-04, 07:49 PM
I haven't been inhere for quite a while, cause we were in the states for two months :yup: (visiting friends and because of the 10th anniversary of the NCM in Bowling Green)
We didn't see a lot of Caddy's, but more than we would have noticed if we didn't had one ourself now. :D
So a fresh start, and maybe some postings in the future, when I have something to share.

90devilleguy
10-16-04, 01:35 AM
We did that last week with some friends from SC, who came over for a visit.

Until now, the highest speed we reached is 100Mph:) , cause it was crowded on the Autobahn, and we must get used to this car.

But it is a very nice ride, we drove 2000 miles in the 10 days they were here, and we didn't get tired at all. One can hold the steering wheel with just two fingers, and it looks like you're driving 50Mph i.s.o. 100Mph.

I would like to say that this is the best car we ever had

hey what is required to convert a us car to a european standard car,just the taillights and side markers,or is it more?

German Lenny
10-18-04, 02:44 PM
Hi DutchJ&M,

just noticed you as a european neighbour. That`s great, and so is your Caddy-congrats! Which part of the Netherlands do you live (my home is not far away from Enschede/NL)?

@90devilleguy: new imported US-cars need also a red fog rearlight, a switch for headlight level adjustment (up/down scroll, depending on weight-loading), and a EC (european conformity) engraved in the headlight-glass. Sometimes, you get the one or the other exemption permit having a good discussion with the inspector (maybe he loves your us car or s.th. else ;) )

CU

G-Lenny (Gerd)

90devilleguy
10-19-04, 10:06 AM
Hi DutchJ&M,

just noticed you as a european neighbour. That`s great, and so is your Caddy-congrats! Which part of the Netherlands do you live (my home is not far away from Enschede/NL)?

@90devilleguy: new imported US-cars need also a red fog rearlight, a switch for headlight level adjustment (up/down scroll, depending on weight-loading), and a EC (european conformity) engraved in the headlight-glass. Sometimes, you get the one or the other exemption permit having a good discussion with the inspector (maybe he loves your us car or s.th. else ;) )

CU

G-Lenny (Gerd)

thanks lenny,see i'm fascinated with the european regulations for cars that are from the us,every since i owned my 91 eldorado touring coupe which was the only caddy with european taillights from the factory,i've always wanted to have them on my deville,i feel that they look really cool on these cadillacs and would love to have them for my car,one reason to stand out from the rest of the cadillacs and two because these taillights would look awesome with the european type taillights.if you know someone in germany that can make these taillights or can access the ability to make the lenses for the housing that would make my dreams come true,i know that the cadillacs from the early 90's that are over in europe have these taillights that i want and i've seen pictures on the internet of them from england i think.so if you could just let me know if there's anyone over there to help me, dutchj&m if you know anyone as well let me know. thanks chris

German Lenny
10-21-04, 02:17 PM
Hi Chris,

you think of s.th. like THIS :) ?????

http://home.t-online.de/home/gerd.koesters/DevSed89.jpg

Found it in the WWW in Sweden. It`s an offered 89` Sedan Deville.

90devilleguy
10-22-04, 06:35 PM
Hi Chris,

you think of s.th. like THIS :) ?????

http://home.t-online.de/home/gerd.koesters/DevSed89.jpg

Found it in the WWW in Sweden. It`s an offered 89` Sedan Deville.

that's exactly what i want to have for my taillights thanks abunch for the pic :)

German Lenny
10-23-04, 02:14 AM
I`ll keep an eye on them here. And if they`re crossing my way, you`ll get informations. :)

dlnelson9
11-02-04, 06:45 PM
Hello I have two caddy's, a 1986 Coupe Deville and a 1998 Seville STS. I love both of them and wouldn't trade them for the world. I am new to the site, does anyone have any suggestions on using the site? I have seen lots of interesting things on here and would like to use the site to it's fullest potential.