: Programing EXT 08 to open car garage

eieio
03-20-08, 01:08 AM
I have tried to program button to open the garage door - tried both methods and still unsuccessful. Anyone have any suggestions?

hcvone
03-20-08, 07:17 AM
What brand of garage door opener do you have? Do you have the directions for it? Most of the newer doors have a program button on the opener itself, you may know that, but some times you need directions to press the right button in the process, I have three different openers at my different homes, all program slightly different. :)

roccos_van
03-20-08, 12:39 PM
The opener should have a 'learn' button on it somewhere.

eieio
03-20-08, 03:07 PM
thanks for the posts ... I have a Steel-Craft Door opener and from what I see on the lear car web site, this door opener is not compatible so they suggest buying a module to make things work

sj1400
03-20-08, 03:36 PM
Just wondering if GM corrected the directions in the 08 owners manual? The programming directions in my 07 manual were incorrect. Ended up finding the correct instructions on a thread from this site.

hcvone
03-20-08, 04:21 PM
thanks for the posts ... I have a Steel-Craft Door opener and from what I see on the lear car web site, this door opener is not compatible so they suggest buying a module to make things work

How old is the opener?

ironmc01
03-20-08, 06:35 PM
I didn't know that the instructions in the 07 manual were incorrect I was wondering why it didn't work for my gate
anyone might know where that thread may be?

eieio
03-20-08, 08:59 PM
opener is 15 to 20 years old - has the 9 Dip Switches (up or down)

hcvone
03-24-08, 10:01 AM
Wow that is one old door opener

ewill3rd
03-24-08, 05:30 PM
I have done a lear unit to a dip switch remote. It sucks.
I'd get a new opener if it were me, they are not that expensive and the new ones have so many more safety features.

'07 may have had incorrect info in the manual because they changed suppliers mid-year.
They went from homelink to a lear system.

www.homelink.com
www.learcar2u.com

The first link is for a system that has 1 LED.
The 2nd link is for a 3 LED system.