: Heater/ac Problem Please Help!

jccatera
03-19-08, 08:38 PM
Hi,

I have a 97 catera and about 4 months ago i was going through a car wash and while going through it i had my heater on and suddenly my heater stoped. Ever since then the heater and ac blows real low air. Hell it hardly blows out any air, and whenever im done using the car i have to pull the fuse to the blower cause it stays on. If i dont pull the fuse and leave it over night it kills my battery. ive read alot of posts about this problem but havent found a answer to this problem. Any help is really appreciated, I would just like to note that ive checked all the traditional fuses and they are fine.

CateraMV6
03-19-08, 08:59 PM
Sounds to me like water leaked through the cowl and shorted the resistor that controls the speeds on it... and now its just stuck in one position but the funny part is that its bridged to Power somehow and now it runs all the time... I bet its somewhere between the control switch for the fan and the power for it... it has to be...

Another possible place to look is the heater controller with all the buttons if that thing went it would cause similar problems... otherwise I would check the little resistor on the heater I am not sure exactly where its located but look around you should see it... if that thing looks shorted change it and see if it helps...

On other cars the resistor controls 1-3rd speed and the 4th speed is on full hi so when it goes out you only get fan on the highest setting...

jccatera
03-20-08, 10:39 PM
thanks for ur help does anyone else have any ideas as to what it could be?