: Alamo/National rental would not take my check (debit) card

urbanski
03-19-08, 01:30 PM
2 years of debit card use and this was my first problem.

Alamo/National in Tampa, FL would not take my debit card. Pompous ass working the desk would not run it as credit and resisted our asking for a manager...who when she finally came over turned us away with a "no."

Noting we were active duty military, she said "....but we're giving you a $30,000 car..."
How insulting is that? Like I'm going to steal their crappy rental and get sent to Ft Leavenworth.

Saying "So this is how you treat the military..." we got back on the shuttle and went to Budget who ran it no problem.

To the thousands of you out there, do NOT use Alamo/National ever again. I certainly wont. Their insulting and disdainful attitude toward us as people and as military was shockingly horrible. Out of respect for all veterans and active duty, I further invite you to write Alamo/National at:
Corporate Headquarters
National Car Rental
6929 North Lakewood Avenue, Suite 100
Tulsa, OK 74117-1808

and no I dont own a credit card. dont believe in debt. we can debate that if you want, but dont lose sight of how horribly Alamo/National treated me.

CadillacGurl
03-19-08, 01:33 PM
Sorry to hear that Urby. My dad uses Hertz :)

thebigjimsho
03-19-08, 01:45 PM
2 years of debit card use and this was my first problem.

Alamo/National in Tampa, FL would not take my debit card. Pompous ass working the desk would not run it as credit and resisted our asking for a manager...who when she finally came over turned us away with a "no."

Noting we were active duty military, she said "....but we're giving you a $30,000 car..."
How insulting is that? Like I'm going to steal their crappy rental and get sent to Ft Leavenworth.

Saying "So this is how you treat the military..." we got back on the shuttle and went to Budget who ran it no problem.

To the thousands of you out there, do NOT use Alamo/National ever again. I certainly wont. Their insulting and disdainful attitude toward us as people and as military was shockingly horrible. Out of respect for all veterans and active duty, I further invite you to write Alamo/National at:
Corporate Headquarters
National Car Rental
6929 North Lakewood Avenue, Suite 100
Tulsa, OK 74117-1808

and no I dont own a credit card. dont believe in debt. we can debate that if you want, but dont lose sight of how horribly Alamo/National treated me.You weren't wearing Grranimals, were you?

The Tony Show
03-19-08, 01:45 PM
What a bunch of *******s. I was insulted when I went to Detroit for NAIAS and the lady at Hertz informed me that my credit would be checked as part of their policy (I prepaid for the car on Orbitz, BTW). As insulted as I was then, it doesn't hold a candle to this crap.

CIWS
03-19-08, 01:47 PM
You should have told them you were from San Antonio Texas and they're certainly no Alamo ! :want: :D

thebigjimsho
03-19-08, 01:50 PM
On a serious note, I've had that happen to me before. What I do now is I tell them it's a credit card. Always. If they ask if it's debit, I lie and tell them to run it.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-19-08, 02:08 PM
I don't believe we have an Alamo/National in MN, so I think I'm clear there.

the cadillac kid
03-19-08, 02:14 PM
not one up here in Jersey either, but i'm sorry you had to go through that man, awkward & embarrassing.

urbanski
03-19-08, 02:26 PM
On a serious note, I've had that happen to me before. What I do now is I tell them it's a credit card. Always. If they ask if it's debit, I lie and tell them to run it.

it says debit on my card. its funny what total unbending *******s National was...when Budget ran it no problem.

the cadillac kid
03-19-08, 02:35 PM
whatever, don't stress it urb. they just lost a nice chunk of business, and if thats worth it to them, then so be it, other companies are gonna be getting more business for having more trust in their customers & treating them better.

haha can't believe the clerk wouldnt let you see the manager :lol:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-19-08, 02:35 PM
To all Alamo/National employees on here: consider yourself banned.

dkozloski
03-19-08, 02:39 PM
They had to be anti-war, liberal, democrat, military haters.

xshrpshtr
03-19-08, 02:40 PM
I'll pass that info on to ten thousand paintball travelers nation wide...No problem

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!

minnesotamom
03-19-08, 02:42 PM

We used to have some Alamo franchises around..but they've all folded. Not a surprise, I guess, if that's how they treat their customers.

I like Choice. Enterprise pressures people into buying insurance that they don't need.

thebigjimsho
03-19-08, 02:50 PM
We used to have some Alamo franchises around..but they've all folded. Not a surprise, I guess, if that's how they treat their customers.

I like Choice. Enterprise pressures people into buying insurance that they don't need.Yeah, I love how they tell you you'll be responsible if you're in an accident as being so critical. Hmmm, just like I am every time I get behind the wheel of my own car...

gdwriter
03-19-08, 02:54 PM
I don't have any credit cards either, and when I went to Arizona in January, I had planned to rent a car. I looked up in advance the debit card policies for Avis and Hertz when I was comparison shopping. Had I not ended up using a friend's car for free (other than gas and a trip through the car wash), I would have brought printouts of said policy in case I ran into problems.

I don't blame you one bit for taking your business elsewhere. I would have done the same.

gdwriter
03-19-08, 02:55 PM
They had to be anti-war, liberal, democrat, military haters.:helpless:

thebigjimsho
03-19-08, 03:00 PM
:helpless:Hey, you have a cool dog. So you're not that bad...

NOT ON MY WATCH
03-19-08, 03:58 PM
Urb...that has happened to me several times - it sucks. I also don't own a credit card anymore (except for my Corporate AmEx). We paid off all our debt except for the house and of course the new 08 CTS. We haven't had a credit card in several years.

You'll run into problems at not just certain rental car agencies, but also certain hotels. Some places are flexible and other places aren't. Now I always call in advance to make sure there won't be a problem.

gdwriter
03-19-08, 03:59 PM
Hey, you have a cool dog. So you're not that bad...:histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric::his teric:

Thanks, Jim.

I'm just not seeing military-hating liberals lurking everywhere.

I grew up in Abilene, TX, a city of about 115,000 where the largest employer is Dyess AFB. City leaders and their Congressional representatives lobbied for a base on the site of a former WW II Army post back in the 50s. Ever since Dyess opened in 1955 or 56, the city has treated the military and the service personnel stationed there as highly valued members of the community. Abilene understands how vital Dyess is to the local economy.

A common story my parents heard from fellow military families was how they were looked down on in other cities, but were welcomed in Abilene.
Every year since 1965, the Chamber of Commerce has hosted the World's Largest BBQ (http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-17987454.html) for personnel and their families stationed at Dyess. It was something my family always attended.

Treating any customer as shabbily as National treated Urby is just stupid; in a locale like Florida that's heavily dependent on tourism and with a big military presence, it's even more so.

dkozloski
03-19-08, 04:05 PM
The last time I tried to rent fom Enterprise, I reserved a luxury car and they offered me a Hyundai sh!tbox. I never went back.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-19-08, 04:11 PM
Hey Urb...the woman working the counter....was she Iraqi? :histeric:

Spyder
03-19-08, 04:12 PM
I use Hertz when I'm renting from local offices, whoever is cheapest when I travel. The locals know me and remember me because I always get the biggest fastest car they have because I don't fit in anything else...and they usually give it to me for the price of a mid-size. At one point they had a Hemi Charger R/T that I rented for two runs. One from Sacramento to Portland and one from Sacramento to John Day...which is NE Oregon. Good company to rent from, in my experience.

Enterprise has gotten some business from me in the past too, mostly because before I was old enough to rent cars, they'd do it for an extra ten bucks a day...and half the time they wouldn't even charge me that at the end...and I like the Magnum as a rental because it gets good mileage, does a hundred and twenty five in the middle of nowhere in NV (or so I've heard) and it has LOTS of room.

urbanski
03-19-08, 04:27 PM
I don't blame you one bit for taking your business elsewhere. I would have done the same.

i kinda didnt have a choice :p

urbanski
03-19-08, 04:30 PM
speaking of alamo/national
we had stopped using them in las vegas after several times we had a "reservation" there, they had no cars!
twice we pulled up in the bus to an eerily empty lot, and a huge line. vowed them off....we have Budget fastbreak there now. no issues.

guys, i dont play the "military card" much, hell if ever....thats not me. but it was my last hope for a break. and they shit on me

MauiV
03-19-08, 04:42 PM
I think this has to do with most Credit Card companies policy for covering the insurance on rental cars. Your banks debit card may or may not have the same policy but most dont.

I have had this situation in the past and had to use a Visa/MC instead.

Spyder
03-19-08, 04:54 PM
Just booked three rental cars in three different cities in the next week for various job interviews and such...made sure to NOT use Alamo in any of them...Budget, I believe, is the one which was the best deal all the way around...and they say it'll be a G6. Hopefully all goes well...

RightTurn
03-19-08, 05:01 PM
Sorry, urby. :( Maybe you should get an AMEX just in case.

hueterm
03-19-08, 05:07 PM
Beat me to it...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-19-08, 05:27 PM
Yeah, with my dealer, to get a rental car, you MUST have a credit card, for the aforementioned reason.

Stoneage_Caddy
03-19-08, 05:51 PM
your in tampa urby ????

urbanski
03-19-08, 06:39 PM
Sorry, urby. :( Maybe you should get an AMEX just in case.

no. no credit for me. no debt.

urbanski
03-19-08, 06:40 PM
your in tampa urby ????

ocala...

Stoneage_Caddy
03-19-08, 06:42 PM
lemme know if ya wanna beer , ill buy ...im a bit north of tampa , pretty far from ocala tho ...if your coming back this way when im not at work i meet ya someplace

Spyder
03-19-08, 06:46 PM
Get yourself a credit card to use for that and just pay it off, immediately. Opposed to that? Dunno what to tell you. They're damned near a necessity in todays world...

xshrpshtr
03-19-08, 07:14 PM
I have a $300 credit card I keep paid off. I have always rented from enterprise. They will even do cash deals. Just bring in a utility bill or something as I remember.

I say only travel with RT from now on. She probably has more plastic with her than a toy store.

Brett
03-19-08, 07:21 PM
yeah urb, we all could of planned a welcome...stoney, boomer, hitmoney, myself etc etc etc

RightTurn
03-19-08, 07:51 PM
I say only travel with RT from now on. She probably has more plastic with her than a toy store.

:umno: Personal AMEX; corporate AMEX.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-19-08, 07:56 PM
Yeah, but that Corporate AMEX is probably got no limit on it.

Boombotz
03-19-08, 08:11 PM
Dam Urb If your in town more days let us know.

CadillacGurl
03-19-08, 09:05 PM

You should have told her "Lady, I got a f-ing Cadillac CTS V, and its more than that $30K POS you're giving me. I have the f-ing money so just swipe my damn card!" :bouncy:

the cadillac kid
03-19-08, 09:07 PM
yeah, THATS how u handle such situations :rolleyes:

RightTurn
03-19-08, 09:21 PM
Here's the deal; if they have a corporate policy of not accepting debit cards, then that's it. Sorry that the counter-person was a dipshit, but if that's their policy then you just have to take your business elsewhere...as you did.

Stoneage_Caddy
03-19-08, 09:29 PM
You should have told her "Lady, I got a f-ing Cadillac CTS V, and its more than that $30K POS you're giving me. I have the f-ing money so just swipe my damn card!" :bouncy:

I would grabbed her by her nappy ass weave slamed her head into the desk , then proceed to drag her acorss the counter and toss her in the trunk of an aveo ....then call it a day becuse by then i would have had reservations with transportation to the orient road jail ...relese some agression and have my transportation and logging needs taken care of ...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-19-08, 09:34 PM
RT, who's your avatar?

RightTurn
03-19-08, 09:42 PM
Natasha Fatale.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-19-08, 09:43 PM
Who's that? What cartoon is she from ?

the cadillac kid
03-19-08, 09:47 PM
:jawdrop: ROCKY & BULLWINKLE!!

the cadillac kid
03-19-08, 09:53 PM
lol i love you tube...

8UWWVmR_9v0

xshrpshtr
03-19-08, 11:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUaFOepKW20&feature=related

Why is this blank? What am I doing wrong?

xshrpshtr
03-20-08, 12:01 AM
I have no idea how to get the damn window to show...crap!!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-9g9lZSefI&feature=RecentlyWatched&page=1&t=t&f=b

gdwriter
03-20-08, 12:02 AM
That's Natasha Fatale, dahlink:

hHUiCYAE2DY

hueterm
03-20-08, 12:05 AM
no. no credit for me. no debt.

Well actually, a traditional AMEX is not a "credit" card -- it is a charge card. It has to be paid in full each month, so they're really not extending you credit.

I would NEVER put a rental car on a debit card and give those vultures access to my bank account. Not to mention they can put a hold on pretty much whatever amount they want.

But hey, different strokes...

gdwriter
03-20-08, 12:08 AM
I have no idea how to get the damn window to show...crap!!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-9g9lZSefI&feature=RecentlyWatched&page=1&t=t&f=b

Fixed. That has to be the funniest scenes ever involving a rental car counter.

2-9g9lZSefI&

xshrpshtr
03-20-08, 12:11 AM
OMG!!! tell me how to do that. I went advanced and hit the youtube dealie...then copy and pasted? WTF!???

gdwriter
03-20-08, 12:19 AM
OMG!!! tell me how to do that. I went advanced and hit the youtube dealie...then copy and pasted? WTF!???I had the same problem, and posted the question on the Site Feedback section. Urby clued me in (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/921519-post12.html). You copy and past the code after the = sign in between the YouTube brackets.

CadillacGurl
03-20-08, 01:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUaFOepKW20&feature=related

Why is this blank? What am I doing wrong?

What you do is copy and paste what is in between the = sign and & sign

...e.com/watch?v=TUaFOepKW20&fea...

So that would be: TUaFOepKW20

Put it in this form *Minus spaces...

[ youtube ] TUaFOepKW20 [ / youtube ]

the cadillac kid
03-20-08, 03:24 AM
sry all i heard was "blah blah blah, i'm post whore, blah blah blah"

urbanski
03-20-08, 08:11 AM
Well actually, a traditional AMEX is not a "credit" card -- it is a charge card. It has to be paid in full each month, so they're really not extending you credit.

I would NEVER put a rental car on a debit card and give those vultures access to my bank account. Not to mention they can put a hold on pretty much whatever amount they want.

But hey, different strokes...

true....but Budget only has held the exact amount of the rental. airlines sometimes hold double....they hold the amount, then the money debits, then the hold releases. i just always have enough in checking to cover that

hueterm
03-20-08, 08:39 PM
Do you have the same dispute rights w/a debit as w/a credit? If you bring the thing back dinged, I would think it would be harder to get money back that they took out of your acct., than to get a disputed charge off of a CC.

minnesotamom
03-20-08, 11:08 PM
Oh wait..
Enterprise brought us bagels and cream cheese today..so now I've switched loyalties.

Seriously, the thing that would worry me is that once they have your credit or debit card number..they can charge you for damages..or I've even seen where they've messed up on their paperwork and double-charged people. For me, it wouldn't hurt as much on my credit card..you'd have time to get it fixed..but if somebody unexpectedly took three or four hundred out of my debit card account..that would hurt.

thebigjimsho
03-20-08, 11:19 PM
I had worked for 2 years straight with no vacation. Driving 80+ hours a week. So finally, I decided to take a vacation and do it up right. A friend of mine has parents who had time shares in FLA. I got a nice hotel suite on Miami's North Beach. And I rented a luxury car from Budget. The only problem was that I flew in on a Friday night. They had zero cars left. So I made a stink. And they dragged out a beat up Town Car.

I had learned quickly that you mark down EVERYTHING that is wrong. And I did. From the ink and smoking stains in the interior to the scratches around the car to the broken vents to the broken side view mirror. I swapped the car at the end of the weekend. All was well for a while.

Then after a couple weeks, I got a bill from Budget detailing the repairs for the side view mirror. I got all geared up for a fight with all my papers. Turns out it was no big deal. Just faxed the paper I signed stating the mirror was broken and they dropped it. I ALWAYS note everything wrong.

thebigjimsho
03-20-08, 11:23 PM
Well, I found a website that will review credit issues you may have. I have a Providian turned WaMu turned nasty debt collector account that has been the bane of my existence for 2 years. So I'll have to see what they say. A lawsuit may be in the works...

Jesda
03-21-08, 03:42 AM
Thats freaking lame. I flew in from out of town and Enterprise took my debit card. The Indian guy at the counter was kind of a dick though.

Budget let me put a week-long rental on my debit card AND allowed me to put 5000 miles on it as I took it across the country and back. They also upgraded my car at no extra cost despite there being a few econoboxes available on the lot.

HITMONEY
03-21-08, 12:58 PM
Not to come to anyones defense, but maybe I can shed some light as a merchant who also refuses Debit/Check cards.

Let me explain the process of using a debit card like a charge card for things like car rental, hotel reservations and in my case a bar tab.

When you use a charge card at say at a rental company, they authorize the card for a certain amount to make sure you have enough credit on the card to cover the rental. It is not for the whole amount, but typically around $300.00. This authorization does not reduce the credit left on your card but in case you go out and run your card up to the limit before you turn the rental car in the rental company can still run the charge because they have an authorization number and you will get an over limit charge on your next statement by your credit card company. The credit card is backed and secured by only your promise to pay.

Same scenario only with a debit card. When someone gets an authorization on your debit card the bank (really the clearing house) puts a hold on that amount basicaly freezing that money up for 72 hours or more. Meaning you can't use that money, it appears as if it has been withdrawn from your account. So if you do get the authorization and proceed to bang out your debit card before you return the rental car, the rental car company can't get paid by charging your debit card because the debit card is backed up by the actual cash in your account which you now have none of.

Here is why I don't take debit cards at my bar.... to start a tab in my bar with a credit card we authorize the card for $100.00. If your tab only comes to $50.00 and you leave a $5.00 tip you will only see the final $55.00 on your statement.

With a debit card, the $100.00 authorization will be on a 72 hour hold, then you spent $55.00... the $55.00 does not come out of that hold because now it is a sale. So for at least 72 hours it will appear on your bank account as if you spent $155.00. Now if you have checks out and you live close to your means you may bounce a check within those 72 hours because of the $100.00 that is on hold.

I can't count the number of phone calls I used to get every morning when I use to accept debit cards with some ass on the other line screaming at me because we overcharged his card and now he bounced a check... hence the new policy of only true credit cards, AMEX, or cash is accepted.

BTW, when you got the debit card, in the fine print you accepted all these terms such as a minimum 72hr hold.

Spyder
03-21-08, 06:09 PM
Hitmoney...please don't tell people that it is ok to only tip five bucks on a fifty dollar tab! A fifty dollar tab, if its only drinks, is probably 8 to ten drinks...which means a ten to twelve dollar tip, if paid at the end of services and you're happy with what you got...

urbanski
03-21-08, 06:22 PM
people can call their bank to have holds removed. so that $100 that's there in the am can be gone quickly. the $55 would still process through normally in 2-3 days

RightTurn
03-21-08, 08:45 PM
I think the point is that if no debit cards is the merchant's policy, then that's it. No exceptions...that's the policy. Sorry, urby. Hope you had a nice trip.

thebigjimsho
03-21-08, 09:19 PM
I think the point is that if no debit cards is the merchant's policy, then that's it. No exceptions...that's the policy. Sorry, urby. Hope you had a nice trip.In other words, F you urby!

HITMONEY
03-21-08, 09:37 PM
people can call their bank to have holds removed. so that $100 that's there in the am can be gone quickly. the $55 would still process through normally in 2-3 days

This is not realistic at all because 99% of the people don't know that it is just a hold, they think we overcharged them, hence not worth the hassle.

Also, you cannot call your bank and have the hold removed... this I know for sure. The bank will tell you to call the merchant to have it removed.. then I as the merchant have to call and remove it by providing my corresponding merchant number, again.. not worth the hassle.

I have had to explain this process to no less than 200 customers before I said to hell with it.

Like I said.. all this is in the fine print of the user agreement of the debit card.. its just that no one reads it and is always quick to blame someone else.

xshrpshtr
03-21-08, 09:45 PM
TUaFOepKW20 Once again, Urby...please refer to video...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-21-08, 10:02 PM
What if Urbanski was Steve Martin?

CTSV_Rob
03-21-08, 10:29 PM
You do at the Airport.

RightTurn
03-22-08, 12:54 AM
In other words, F you urby!

Well, ya. :D

the cadillac kid
03-22-08, 02:00 AM
what if god was one of us?

xshrpshtr
03-22-08, 02:02 AM
Where's URBY????? Come back!!!!

urbanski
03-22-08, 10:53 AM
what?

PAULSTSMAN1
03-22-08, 12:16 PM
I think this has to do with most Credit Card companies policy for covering the insurance on rental cars. Your banks debit card may or may not have the same policy but most dont.

I have had this situation in the past and had to use a Visa/MC instead.

MauiV, you are partly right! I read through so many other posts before coming to yours that finally offered a would be explanation of an issue. What actually occurred is a result of a poorly trained Agents not communicating with his customer. He/She should have given information on the Company Policy of non-acceptance of Debit Cards. Most people don't know that Debit Cards don't have a "guarantee hold feature." When you rent a car or stay at hotel most people do so for an extended period of time. Each day of "rent" is covered by so much if you use: Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover, they allow you to "hold" an amount for up to 5 days. With a Debit card, only a purchase/sale is "held." If the sale isn't submitted it disappears in 1 day, allowing someone else to use that credit! This is the number one reason for rental company losses, when the final sale goes through, it can and sometimes does comes back NSF!:thehand:

Also, I understand the reasons given by our subscribers: That they want to live a credit free life, and that is great, but for most persons that don't have Credit Cards Available, it's because of "POOR CREDIT or Very Bad Credit." Let me pose a little question: If you were going to lend someone something of value, or trust them to stay at your home would you knowingly extend that to someone with a questionable reputation? Would you open your home to a known thief? When someone makes a habit out of non-payment for just bills or services they receive; it can get to a point where they can no longer obtain credit.:tisk: This is what those merchants have experienced, and why their policies to "Refuse Services" are posted, it's because of problems and losses, not hatred

I know how this sounds but with the economy headed south, everyone of good reputation should have a Credit Card for such emergencies as: Renting a car, a Hotel or Motel room, Car repairs when out of your community, and emergency medical trips (for co-payment or emergency services).

When the bill comes in you can pay it in full, therefore incurring no changes except in the case of cash advances. This is prudent, and very 2008, so be forewarned: " When you enter where you are unknown there might be automatically suspicion and doubt," and how you present yourselves will determine if someone will work with you or would rather you just leave.

These are the realities of living in a failing society, I didn't make it up, but I learned it!:shhh:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-22-08, 12:31 PM
what if god was one of us?

Just a slob like one of us.

dkozloski
03-22-08, 12:42 PM
A prince of Siam or some such came to Alaska for a major hunting trip. He had a big entourage and was waving all kinds of money around. The vultures descended on him for a piece of the action. He rented an entire floor at a major hotel in Anchorage and it all grew from there. There were rumors of state department backing and he claimed he had permission from the National Park Service to hunt in Mt.McKinley National Park. When it was all said and done the hunting guides were in jail for the illegal hunt, he said the bill was too high and they could kiss his ass, and he went home to Siam after sticking everybody for about $100K.

Spyder
03-22-08, 12:57 PM
And to back HitMoney, the pain in the butt it is to deal with people who don't know debit v. credit sure ain't worth it. My bar we have an ATM machine and that was it. No credit, no debit. ATM machine from which you could pull cash and pay for your drinks with cash.

Makes things far simpler and you really don't miss out on any money...If they bitched about the buck thirty five the ATM charged, I'd give them two bucks off of their next drink, which made them buy more and I made more.

HITMONEY
03-23-08, 08:03 PM
And to back HitMoney, the pain in the butt it is to deal with people who don't know debit v. credit sure ain't worth it. My bar we have an ATM machine and that was it. No credit, no debit. ATM machine from which you could pull cash and pay for your drinks with cash.

Makes things far simpler and you really don't miss out on any money...If they bitched about the buck thirty five the ATM charged, I'd give them two bucks off of their next drink, which made them buy more and I made more.

We have 2 ATM machines and go through up to $75k a week cash through them. The ATM charges a $5.00 surcharge to which we get half of.

They have to replace the ATM machines every 8months to a year because we wear them out that quick.

the cadillac kid
03-26-08, 12:36 PM
but thats a good thing. :thumbsup:

Sinister Angel
03-26-08, 12:47 PM
shit, $5?

The strip joint in town here (Traverse City, not Mount Pleasant) pops you $10.

dkozloski
03-26-08, 02:29 PM
Who the hell goes drinking with no money in their pocket except a sponge? Around here you better have some cash or your ass hits the sidewalk. The only thing you can do dumber than asking where the ATM's at is to pull out a checkbook.

Spyder
03-26-08, 02:31 PM
Yea...I agree...if I'm going drinking I bring cash and make sure I have enough stashed somewhere that I can't find it for the taxi ride home.

thebigjimsho
03-26-08, 08:32 PM
shit, $5?

The strip joint in town here (Traverse City, not Mount Pleasant) pops you $10.Traverse City is pretty in the summer.

Sinister Angel
03-27-08, 07:38 AM
Traverse City is pretty in the summer.

Sans the idiots tooling around during Cherry Festival

Destroyer
03-27-08, 06:45 PM
To the thousands of you out there, do NOT use Alamo/National ever again. I certainly wont. Their insulting and disdainful attitude toward us as people and as military was shockingly horrible. Out of respect for all veterans and active duty.
Yeah ok. Because you had a bad experience its now Anti American to use Alamo?. You didn't meet the terms of their policy, I dont see how being military makes any difference whatsoever in this situation. I have a credit card and I dont like debt either, I simply pay it off every month. :rolleyes:

the cadillac kid
03-27-08, 10:31 PM
do what you like. i'll support a friend on this one.

thebigjimsho
03-27-08, 11:18 PM
9e5k3iMqZ3E