: About Gas

Moezy
03-18-08, 10:12 PM
Can you put 87' octane in a 94 cadillac STS 4.6 northstar? will it hurt it?

Murphyg
03-18-08, 11:18 PM
Put in whatever is recommended.
Some will say that they have done this and or that and no problems here and or there.
Chances are you will hear things bout knock sensors. Retarding timing. The elevation of where you live, (above, below sea level etc...).
Your gonna hear about octane levels and what they really mean.....add this or add that to compensate...

When it comes down to it.
Put in what is recommended for your vehicle.
What GM recommends for your make and model. Its written on your car somewhere. Quite possibly right near where you put fuel in.
And if not. Its in the owners manual. Not the Factory Service Manual......The owners manual !!!
If you dont have an owners manual then you can find it here........:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-seville-cadillac-eldorado-forum/22994-cadillac-owners-manuals-download.html

Sure gas is expensive right now. But dont attempt to cut corners to save 10-15 dollars (if that) every month, at the chance of major expensive repairs later.

The owners manual will tell you for sure.
Go with that and save the potential chance of nightmares you dont need or want.

thewireman*
03-18-08, 11:18 PM
I wouldn't think so...

Murphyg
03-18-08, 11:29 PM
Blows my mind of how many people are still purchasing vehicles without asking one of the most basic....(what I think would be basic)...questions........What Kind Of Fuel Does It Take ?

I was concerned about and asking that At Least 10 years ago myself

Ranger
03-19-08, 10:56 AM
Yes you can burn 87. No it won't hurt it. Do a search for "Octane". You'll find plenty of reading.