: 07 Mercedes Benz GL 450 hits Buck

CadillacGurl
03-18-08, 09:27 PM
:lol: Hahaha I'm sorry. I just got off the phone with my mom. She was driving in from PA to Chicago this afternoon on I-80. Well needless to say, she says she was going about 70 mph (I call BS because normally on I-80 she goes about 80-85mph) and a huge buck came out from the right hand side, farm land. My mom knew she was f-ed. It took out the grille, driver's side view mirror, and left a nice gash + dents in the driver side doors.

I must mention this is my father's COMPANY car so God knows if she told me dad yet. This is also is the second car that was my father's that my mom has some how managed to cause damage to. Don't get me wrong, I know it was a scary incident but I kinda can't help but laugh. You'd have to know my mom.

Pictures will be posted tomorrow when I get to see her.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-18-08, 09:40 PM
Mercedes FTW.
Bucks FTL.

When I saw the thread title, I thought it said "07 Mercedes Benz GL 450 hits Buick".

caddycruiser
03-18-08, 11:07 PM
That's awful...but happens.

Just out of curiosity...what kind of job does your father have that the COMPANY car is a GL450? :cool:

CadillacGurl
03-18-08, 11:30 PM
He works at the corporate office at Dick's Sporting Goods. I don't want to reveal his title since people have tried to hit me up for stuff and its quite annoying.

gary88
03-18-08, 11:47 PM
Hai you want to give me sum free sporting goodz? :squid:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-19-08, 12:35 AM
I could use a free .44 Magnum.

Nicki? :cloud9:

CadillacGurl
03-19-08, 03:26 AM
Oh lord here we go... :doh:

gdwriter
03-19-08, 03:47 AM
When I saw the thread title, I thought it said "07 Mercedes Benz GL 450 hits Buick".That's what I thought, too. Probably a good thing it was a buck. A Roadmaster would have creamed the Benz.

BTW, Dick's is opening its first store in Oregon this week. Big article (http://www.oregonlive.com/business/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/business/1205540720235220.xml&coll=7) in the Sunday Oregonian Business section about the impending battle between newcomer Dick's and local favorite, Joe's.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-19-08, 10:52 AM
That's what I thought, too. Probably a good thing it was a buck. A Roadmaster would have creamed the Benz.

True, but what if it was an '88 Skyhawk?

CadillacGurl
03-19-08, 10:55 AM
That's what I thought, too. Probably a good thing it was a buck. A Roadmaster would have creamed the Benz.

BTW, Dick's is opening its first store in Oregon this week. Big article (http://www.oregonlive.com/business/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/business/1205540720235220.xml&coll=7) in the Sunday Oregonian Business section about the impending battle between newcomer Dick's and local favorite, Joe's.

Yep I know. My dad was just up there about 2 weeks ago. He took pictures of Mt. Adams for me :)

I know they're opening up a store in Newport Beach, CA at Fashion Island and my dad is going to visit the first week of April. I'm trying to bribe my dad to let me come with (I miss Cali :()

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-19-08, 10:59 AM
They're putting a Dick's at a place called Fashion Island? Nicki, you MUST go!

I walked through a Dick's sporting goods the other day to go to an FYE to pick up a Blur CD. I was pretty impressed by the layout, cleanliness and design of the store. I didn't really stop to look at anything though because I was in a hurry, but if I ever needed any sort of a sporting good, I'd probably shop Dick's first.

CadillacGurl
03-19-08, 11:10 AM
They're putting a Dick's at a place called Fashion Island? Nicki, you MUST go!

I walked through a Dick's sporting goods the other day to go to an FYE to pick up a Blur CD. I was pretty impressed by the layout, cleanliness and design of the store. I didn't really stop to look at anything though because I was in a hurry, but if I ever needed any sort of a sporting good, I'd probably shop Dick's first.

I've been there many times. It actually was across the street from my hotel. It was heavenly :cloud9:

I've only known a couple people who didn't like Dick's. Honestly, I don't really mind if people like it or not. I sometimes shop there for North Face stuff and workout clothes. If my dad's in town (like on Friday) I'll go with him visiting Dick's stores in the area (or as my siblings and I call it "how mad is dad going to be today?"). It's amusing really. We're kind of the secret shoppers of the store. We go to a certain areas of the store and just look around for something, maybe try it on... this is to see if anyone helps us. Though I've been busted a couple time when the manager walks up to me and goes "Hello Nicole!! How's college!! Is your dad here?!" Frack... :nono: Though probably the best Secret Shopper moments was a lovely "stalking" moment. One of my best childhood friends works at Dicks (we grew up together across the street and we played soccer together until I moved). Well, I didn't know this and he saw my dad and chatted with him while I wasn't really paying attention, I just went to my shopping duty. Well my friend Nate decided it would be fun to scare the crap out of me so he's "stalking me" while I'm shopping. I have very good street sense when someone is watching me. He gets right behind me and I have a coat in my hands so I spin around and wack him with the coat. I pretended to be "sorry" and he was like "Damn you're still abusing me after all these years" I recognized it was him and my dad started laughing along with the manager. Yeah, I felt like an idiot. If you're wondering about the abusing comment, its because when I was younger he and I would get into play fist fights + karate/ninja moves and one day I landed him a nice shiner... whoops.

I know most of the managers' names now since my dad tends to leave me sometimes and I'm left to talk with these people. Recently, I haven't seen my buddys (Ed Stack's kids). Most of the time its his oldest son with him who he and I are tight along with his other son. I played soccer with one of his daughters in high school and I used to baby sit the two younger girls. They're my work family... we banded together on take your kid's to work day. We hid in their dad's office which was pretty sweet... you opened and closed a door with a button. Plus we could ask the secretary to get us food and she'd do it!! The 8 of us had dry erase board wars and spinning the chair until we got sick.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-19-08, 11:11 AM
Sounds like me in the Ferrari and Lambo dealers on Ogden. :cloud9:

caddycruiser
03-19-08, 11:18 AM
Hitting a deer can be a lot more destructive than people tend to immediately think.

Aside from the work question, does it matter as far as the repair/insurance that your mother was driving it and not your father? I would assume there has to be a provision for that, but you never know. Hopefully all will be repaired soon.

CadillacGurl
03-19-08, 11:47 AM
Hitting a deer can be a lot more destructive than people tend to immediately think.

Aside from the work question, does it matter as far as the repair/insurance that your mother was driving it and not your father? I would assume there has to be a provision for that, but you never know. Hopefully all will be repaired soon.

My mom is covered for the insurance on the car. Now if I was driving it I would not. I know the company's policy is the employee is covered along with their spouse or 1 other person.

My dad hit a deer a couple years ago in his Denali XL. It cleanly took out the headlight...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-19-08, 01:34 PM
I saw a baby deer jump out in front of a Honda CRX once. There were no survivors.

CadillacGurl
03-19-08, 02:36 PM
I wouldn't doubt it...

CadillacGurl
03-19-08, 09:36 PM
As promised, PICTURES!! I learned it didn't harm the grille just the driver's side.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/surovy2543/mbdeer002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/surovy2543/mbdeer001.jpg

DEER FUR!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/surovy2543/mbdeer005.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/surovy2543/mbdeer003.jpg

dkozloski
03-20-08, 12:25 AM
There's a video of the accident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srss6sLf17E

CadillacGurl
03-20-08, 02:15 AM
:lol: Moose!!

NOT ON MY WATCH
03-20-08, 02:15 AM
Heh. Meese!

CadillacSTS42005
03-20-08, 09:30 AM
well that sux

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
03-20-08, 09:30 AM
I've got some really nasty pictures of some guy that hit a deer with his Beamer goin 140mph. If you really want to see them, I'll post em. But just a warning, most of the deer is still in the car.

CadillacGurl
03-20-08, 11:23 AM
I think I've seen those...

CadillacSTS42005
03-20-08, 11:55 PM
post them!

CadillacGurl
03-21-08, 12:15 AM
:yeah: They were in a thread on here I believe... I remember there was one with a snake on an engine block