: My dog died today...

SvB4EvA
03-18-08, 06:32 PM
Angel was nearly 16 years old. I got her when she was about 2 weeks old... Man, this rougher then I thought it would be... :(

She was sick the past few weeks and we didnt know what was wrong with her. She wasn't in pain tho and was still eating normally and up and about. Just not her normal self.

I came in from work today with the news that she had a stroke this morning and had took her last breath just 30 minutes before I walked in the door.

She was a great dog... I dont know who is gonna welcome me every time I come home now...

Thanks for reading.

-Steve

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh120/SvB4EvA/angel.jpg

93DevilleUSMC
03-18-08, 06:59 PM
Aww, no, man! She was a beautiful dog, too! I know how you feel, man, because I've just been there myself. Are you doing okay?

SvB4EvA
03-18-08, 07:08 PM
Aww, no, man! She was a beautiful dog, too! I know how you feel, man, because I've just been there myself. Are you doing okay?

thanks a lot man. I am alright, just trying to relax... I can not believe how much I loved that dog until now. really sucks...

HITMONEY
03-18-08, 07:10 PM
Awe man.. i'm sorry to hear that.

Also scratches at some old wounds for me.

Sorry bro.

c5 rv
03-18-08, 07:21 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. We lost our dog Abby last spring.

93DevilleUSMC
03-18-08, 07:24 PM
thanks a lot man. I am alright, just trying to relax... I can not believe how much I loved that dog until now. really sucks...

Anytime, bro. There's going to be a lot of support for you from the rest of us, too.

CIWS
03-18-08, 07:40 PM
Sorry to hear of the loss in your family. :( Spend the time remembering the happy moments you shared together and recognize their brightness rather than thinking of the sadness you know feel for yourself.

Destroyer
03-18-08, 07:43 PM
RIP Angel

RightTurn
03-18-08, 07:47 PM
Steve--I'm so sorry. Remember, she will live forever in your heart. She was such a pretty girl, too. :(

Rolex
03-18-08, 08:10 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. :(

CadillacGurl
03-18-08, 08:15 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Steve. She's in a better place and they say animals are the first ones to greet you in heaven :)

gdwriter
03-18-08, 08:37 PM
Sorry to hear that news, Steve. She was a beauty.

I'm convinced every dog/cat/whatever we've ever loved will be waiting for us in Heaven. Otherwise, how could it be Heaven?

Hoover's only four, but I consider every day I have with him a gift. Not to exaggerate, but he is one of my dearest friends.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-18-08, 08:47 PM
I've only had one dog, and that's when I was five, and he ran away, so I know not what it's like to have a dog die, but we put my mom's cat to sleep when I was nine and that was pretty sad. Anyways, I'm sorry to hear about that Steve, she lived a long and wonderful life though.

xshrpshtr
03-18-08, 09:27 PM
Not another one...Geez Steve. That's terrible. Too much of this going around. She will be waiting for you.

AJxtcman
03-18-08, 09:36 PM
I think I would trade one of the good kids for my dogs. :thehand: Wait I would do just about any thing for my dogs. I love my dogs and they love us.

Man this is hard. I just don't want to think of a time with out them.

I have to say I feel for you. I feel really bad. I wish you the best.

TSS
03-18-08, 09:36 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss Steve. Sounds like she did not suffer, which really is a blessing. Our black lab is family to us too, so I feel your pain. Hang in there and God bless.

caddycruiser
03-18-08, 10:04 PM
So terrible, and sorry for your loss. From the day I was born, we've never NOT had at least one dog in the house, but at 21, I've only had to experience the loss of two...both getting really terribly sick and having to be put to sleep. One after finally giving in to cancer (she was SO sweet, and still wagging her tail at the end...but couldn't keep in anything, and was in pain) and another that passed out after a bit of a stroke and finally gave into congestive heart failure. He was still going and trying, but was "in a different world", struggling to breath and staring into space.

Just terrible. We now have 3 shelties, and my mother cannot do without.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/Dog%20Pictures/All%20Dogs/100_0290b.jpg

^^These guys also express their sorrow for you, and hope that soon enough (from a family of dog lovers to another) you will be able to take in another and love it unconditionally. It is the BEST therapy, in getting over the loss, when you're ready...at least from our years and years.

RightTurn
03-18-08, 10:24 PM
Harry says he's so sorry, Steve. :gurl:

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z117/sarahw422/harrysmall.jpg

codewize
03-18-08, 10:39 PM
I'm so sorry. I haven't had to go through this yet myself but I dread the day I do. I well up every time I think about that day.

Very sorry to hear about you're loss.

blue07cts
03-18-08, 10:48 PM
wow man i know how you feel.. sorry for you loss...

gary88
03-18-08, 11:07 PM
Real sorry to hear about that, it's tough to not see a pet around anymore after they're gone, but time will heal everything. I've been there twice with a dog of 14 years, and a cat of 19 years.

illumina
03-18-08, 11:27 PM
That sucks man :(

Do I see some pointer in that pooch?? Dalmatian perhaps?? Pretty doggy none the less.

thebigjimsho
03-19-08, 12:23 AM
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh120/SvB4EvA/angel.jpgSo sorry, man. It's always tough to lose a loved one, especially such a beautiful dog. Just remember the good times and memories and when it's time, share that love with another. They never replace your loved one, but they certainly add good memories.

gdwriter
03-19-08, 02:43 AM
Hoover sends a wagging tail and best wishes your way, Steve:

http://www.gdwriter.q45.org/Cadillac_Meet_Road_Trip/May_20/May_20-Images/2.jpg

A smiling dog is always good for a pick-me-up.

93DevilleUSMC
03-19-08, 03:02 AM
Faith also sends Angel some posthumous love.

illumina
03-19-08, 03:20 AM
Raven might want to say hello too. Lost her Christmas 2002...Chow-Shepherd mix.

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/462/raven1zs0.th.gif (http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=raven1zs0.gif)

93DevilleUSMC
03-19-08, 03:21 AM
Raven might want to say hello too. Lost her Christmas 2002...Chow-Shepherd mix.

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/462/raven1zs0.th.gif (http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=raven1zs0.gif)

She was a beautiful dog, bro. I can easily see why you miss her.

SvB4EvA
03-19-08, 06:02 AM
wow! Thanks for all the regards and replies everyone.

To my knowledge she was a Begal/Collie mix. No one knew for sure tho. We got her from a shelter.

Thanks again for the support everyone.

minnesotamom
03-19-08, 08:17 AM
I bet she was a sweetheart..as well as a good and loyal friend. I'm sorry for your loss.

nickc50310
03-19-08, 09:38 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss Steve! She was a nice lookin dog. Hang in there brother!

dingr
03-19-08, 10:33 AM
Sorry to hear about your pup, Steve. Lost two last year, within 6 weeks of each other. Now we're cleaning up puppy pee and couldn't be happier. Good luck.

TSS
03-19-08, 11:16 AM
Steve: I periodically buy extra food or toys when I am buying it for my dog or cat and bring it over to the local humane society with my son. That is where we saved our adult black labrador from and she has been a great friend and companion. She just needed a second chance (as do we all sometimes... :thumbsup:)

Anyway, we brought a few bags over today and donated them in Angel's honor. So, a few dogs and cats in are happier today in her honor.

FrankT
03-19-08, 11:48 AM
Steve, Sorry to hear about your loss.
I've been there twice, it's not easy. Take Care

SvB4EvA
03-19-08, 03:51 PM
Thanks again to everyone. You guys are great!

I just got home from work and knew that when I opened the door that she wasn't going to be standing there with her tail wagging for the first time in 16 years. Man that was painful :( My house feels abandoned and quite.

Anyway, we brought a few bags over today and donated them in Angel's honor. So, a few dogs and cats in are happier today in her honor.

That is the nicest thing I ever heard... Thanks so much :)

xshrpshtr
03-20-08, 12:16 AM
TSS = the man!
Steve: I periodically buy extra food or toys when I am buying it for my dog or cat and bring it over to the local humane society with my son. That is where we saved our adult black labrador from and she has been a great friend and companion. She just needed a second chance (as do we all sometimes... :thumbsup:)

TSS
03-20-08, 09:13 AM
TSS = the man!

Thanks for the acolades, but I am really grateful for our dog (Boston) which they kept alive long enough for us to adopt . And, it is a good way to help teach my son (8 years old) about giving back. It also opened the door to some discussion between us about Steve/Angel and the sad unevitable fact that we will usually outlive out pets. So, thank you Steve for sharing such a personal loss.

xshrpshtr
03-20-08, 01:31 PM
I've been looking to get a dog for my son and I. Remembering LOBO is making it hard.

SvB4EvA
03-20-08, 03:26 PM
It also opened the door to some discussion between us about Steve/Angel and the sad unevitable fact that we will usually outlive out pets. So, thank you Steve for sharing such a personal loss.

:)

On another note:

This song came on the radio today, I almost died. :(

jVbkz_3lO3c

RightTurn
03-20-08, 05:25 PM
Steve, my little Spike died a year and a half ago; I still hear him in the house sometimes. I found a one of his treats hidden in the back of the closet and cried for hours. You will never stop loving that dog. :nope: