: Who has already reserve 2009 and what pricing???

Heli411
03-18-08, 01:29 PM
So, I just reserved a number one position in western Florida for the 2009 CTS-V. I was curious to know if anybody else has secured their reservation and if dealers are being reasonable on pricing? I'm at MSRP

BTW, I'm new to this forum... Hello

OldRoadDawg
03-18-08, 04:31 PM
:confused: :confused: Let me see if I have this correct.

You are in Florida, and you just put down a deposit for a 2009 CTS-V @ MSRP and want to know if dealers are being reasonable on pricing . . . and - you are new to the forum.

Yet right next to your new thread is a longtime forum member's thread, and that member is a salesman at a Cadillac dealer in Florida, and the thread is titled Order your CTS-V below MSRP.

In that thread he is offering pricing to forum members for a 2009 CTS-V at $599.99 below MSRP.

It would seem to me that had you looked through the forum first, and then contacted Tony you would have saved $599.99 and obtained the services of an extremely knowledgeable salesman and CTS-V devotee in the process.

But I probably sound sarcastic (my wife always tells me that) and it will be until at least 2011 before I can move up to the Gen II V, so I'm a little jealous too.

I'm going back to the 2004 - 2007 V forum now.

BowenCT
03-18-08, 05:39 PM
Heli411, congrats on locking in on a new V.

But I probably sound sarcastic (my wife always tells me that) and it will be until at least 2011 before I can move up to the Gen II V, so I'm a little jealous too.

Haha.......too funny. :thumbsup:

Heli411
03-18-08, 06:36 PM
I saw tony's post too late... I'm paying MSRP and I have the #1 slot at my dealer... no worries. It was only $600. It's possible we're going to see $10K over sticker when people catch on and see the performance numbers. Unless, the economy just crushes new car sales (worse than it is).

Cadillac Tony
03-18-08, 08:18 PM
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the Pre-Order. :wave:

If you run into any snags (or if they decide to add a "bump" to the price), let me know and I'll be glad to work with you on one.

Heli411
03-18-08, 08:37 PM
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the Pre-Order. :wave:

If you run into any snags (or if they decide to add a "bump" to the price), let me know and I'll be glad to work with you on one.

They guaranteed in an email MSRP, should I have them write up the deal instead? or... is the email (and deposit taken) sufficient proof.

Dr Chill
03-18-08, 11:23 PM
Right now I'm at #1 slot locally at MSRP. Another dealer 3 hours away became a patient of mine 1 month after I placed the first deposit. Now I'm #1 at his dealership at invoice plus $500. It's nice having connections.

CadDeVille1994
03-19-08, 11:25 AM
What is the MSRP on the 2009 CTS-V? I haven't heard anything about the pricing.

SRT8/BMW
03-19-08, 08:36 PM
I have $1000 down and am number 2 at a dealership that thinks they will get 4-6 allocated right out of the gate..MSRP.

GM-4-LIFE
03-20-08, 12:18 PM
I put down $1,000.00 deposit with Scott Pratt at Superior and managed to get in early enough to be number 4 on his list. The last time I spoke to him which was last week, he indicated that he has almost 40 people on his CTS-V list!

I should have my CTS-V here in Cali by September or October, but it really depends on when production starts. Rumor through the grapevine is that GM is gonna push production UP approximately 2 months, but I will believe it when I see it. Looks like GM may want to get fresh product out on the streets to keep their turnaround effort momentum going! I don't blame them!

SG

Jpjr
03-20-08, 02:01 PM
I agree with the tread author that $599 savings is nothing in relation to a $60k car... I would much rather be first on a list than wait an extra 2 months back in line just to save the money.

In fact, by the time two months have gone by, very few dealers will probably be getting MSRP. The car sounds like it will come out overpriced (anything over 60k) compared to the competition.

Cadillac Tony
03-20-08, 02:21 PM
The CTS-V is going to be an absolute bargain compared to its true competitors if you compare two equally equipped cars. BMW and Mercedes lure people in with low "Starting At" prices, but basic amenities such as Sattelite radio, MP3, Bi-Xenon headlights, parking sensors and even Limited Slip differential are optional on the Mercedes AMG. A properly equipped M5 or E63 AMG gets close to $100,000 if you add features like these that are standard on the CTS-V.

As long as GM gets the launch control and handling performance right, even if it comes in at $70k the CTS-V would be a steal.

ylwjacket
03-20-08, 03:06 PM
Tony -

Agree completely. And, not only will it be a bargain, but it will be unique and uncommon, at least for awhile.

BowenCT
03-20-08, 05:44 PM
The car sounds like it will come out overpriced (anything over 60k) compared to the competition.

"Sir, put the pipe down and back away slowly."

Jpjr
03-20-08, 10:28 PM
"Sir, put the pipe down and back away slowly."

Sorry, value is a relative term and not intrinsic. You price this car over a better performing M3 sedan and it will attract zero customers outside of its existing american base. Important not to let emotion cloud judgement.

HushH
03-20-08, 11:13 PM
First of all, this car is an M3 competitor in price only. It's much more comparable to the M5 and E63 as Tony has already pointed out.

Secondly, how do you figure the M3 is going to be better performing? I think I'll wait to see the official specs on the V2 before I just concede that.

Finally, have you seen the price of a fully optioned M3? Although we don't have anything official, all indications are that the V2 will come in at or below that price.

Heli411
03-21-08, 11:03 AM
I would be satisfied if OTD the V2 came in at $70K (Fully Loaded) or less... $65K would be better of course.

The problem is: the public has a perception that German = Quality and Status
So... they are willing to pay the big bucks. Tony is right, load up an M3 and you easily reach $70K. The M5 would be more comparable to the V2 and they are going used for $70K-$80K (2007,2008)

BMW's are good automobiles... but if you pay close attention to consumer reviews, not without problems. Like the fuel pump issue on the 335i and the engine overheating on the 335i, etc. etc.

Cadillac Tony
03-21-08, 11:23 AM
Or the monstrosity that is iDrive. :bonkers:

I had a customer trade his M6 recently after he got sick of second gear grinding every other time he shifted. Apparently it's a widespread issue on the M6s, even to the point where he could be sitting still, hold the clutch to the floor and grind second gear.

I think BMW and MB make some impressive cars, but the public perception of their supposedly infallible quality is grossly overblown. Factor in the ridiculous option structure and pricing, and I just don't see the appeal.

Jpjr
03-21-08, 11:42 AM
Or the monstrosity that is iDrive. :bonkers:

I had a customer trade his M6 recently after he got sick of second gear grinding every other time he shifted. Apparently it's a widespread issue on the M6s, even to the point where he could be sitting still, hold the clutch to the floor and grind second gear.

I think BMW and MB make some impressive cars, but the public perception of their supposedly infallible quality is grossly overblown. Factor in the ridiculous option structure and pricing, and I just don't see the appeal.

Playing devils advocate, (adding that I have only owned American cars and will continue to do so), have you ever driven one? I mean more than around the block. The M3 is by far the biggest rush I have ever gotten out of an every-day production sedan. It carves corners and redlines sky high. It is significanlty more responsive than the Vette or Caddy I own. Will it outrun either? Absolutely not. But for every day driving it is a lot of fun.

From a quality perspective, I think the arguments are similar to democrat/republican. The American buyers will argue that perception is too low for thier cars and too high for foreign cars. The foreign buyers will argue just the opposite. The truth is that buying a car is a major purchase and people will go to great lengths to depend their preference in order to feel like they got a good deal.

Back to the Caddy pricing, I 100% AGREE that the V should be a competitor to the M5. It feels like an M5 in size, weight, and performance. However, back to reality, the M5 cusotmer base is incredibly small. How many sales does Caddy expect to gain from an already tiny buying base? The target needs to be $60k-ish M3 drivers. That is where the customers are. Again separating emotion from judgement, this is where they need to compete for supremacy.

Cadillac Tony
03-21-08, 11:53 AM
There's a lot more people than just BMW/MB buyers that are prospects for the new V.

-Corvette owners who want a nicer ride or need more trunk/backseat
-CTS owners who want to step up to the top performance model
-M3 owners who want more room and luxury
-M5 owners who can get the same room and better performance for $30k less
-Ditto for E63 buyers
....and many others who might be buying a car in this class for the first time.

As someone who has owned several of them, I can tell you that high revving, corner carving machines are fun on the occasional track day or back road jaunt, but feel flat in everyday driving- you can't take off from every red light at 5,000rpm, nor can you drive around town shifting at 8,000. A car like the CTS-V or M5 is great because of its dual personality: Driven easy, it's a large, roomy, comfortable luxury car, and there's plenty of torque at low RPM to shoot around a slow car without every cop in two miles hearing you redline it.

My point is that they're still incredibly capable at the limit on those rare occasions, but also useable and fun in "normal" driving, which is what most of us do 90% of the time. Comparing peak Gs and lap times sells magazines and gives people bragging rights, but most people will never get close to the limits of a car's capabilities, so why buy a car that only impresses when pushed hard?

Jpjr
03-21-08, 02:20 PM
There's a lot more people than just BMW/MB buyers that are prospects for the new V.

-Corvette owners who want a nicer ride or need more trunk/backseat
-CTS owners who want to step up to the top performance model
-M3 owners who want more room and luxury
-M5 owners who can get the same room and better performance for $30k less
-Ditto for E63 buyers
....and many others who might be buying a car in this class for the first time.

As someone who has owned several of them, I can tell you that high revving, corner carving machines are fun on the occasional track day or back road jaunt, but feel flat in everyday driving- you can't take off from every red light at 5,000rpm, nor can you drive around town shifting at 8,000. A car like the CTS-V or M5 is great because of its dual personality: Driven easy, it's a large, roomy, comfortable luxury car, and there's plenty of torque at low RPM to shoot around a slow car without every cop in two miles hearing you redline it.

My point is that they're still incredibly capable at the limit on those rare occasions, but also useable and fun in "normal" driving, which is what most of us do 90% of the time. Comparing peak Gs and lap times sells magazines and gives people bragging rights, but most people will never get close to the limits of a car's capabilities, so why buy a car that only impresses when pushed hard?

You don't pay up $20-25k from a base CTS without supreme performance in mind. That argument may have held true for the V1, but even the owner of the dealership I work with has said twice now that he expects very few CTS buyers to 1) want 550hp and half the gas mileage, and 2) want it bad enough to pay up 20k+ while sacrificing comfort for performance.

I used the M5 as an example, but the same applies to the Merc.

Also, I think the argument that a BMW is not comfortable to drive day-to-day is also a car mag argument and not the truth. I am extremely comfortable riding in the half dozen M3's or the M5 that sit out in our employee parking lot. I think the comfort argument you are making is much more differentiated in the DTS, Town Car, black cab segment and not in performance luxary sedans.

rand49er
03-21-08, 02:54 PM
... As someone who has owned several of them, I can tell you that high revving, corner carving machines are fun on the occasional track day or back road jaunt, but feel flat in everyday driving- you can't take off from every red light at 5,000rpm, nor can you drive around town shifting at 8,000. A car like the CTS-V or M5 is great because of its dual personality: Driven easy, it's a large, roomy, comfortable luxury car, and there's plenty of torque at low RPM to shoot around a slow car without every cop in two miles hearing you redline it.

My point is that they're still incredibly capable at the limit on those rare occasions, but also useable and fun in "normal" driving, which is what most of us do 90% of the time. Comparing peak Gs and lap times sells magazines and gives people bragging rights, but most people will never get close to the limits of a car's capabilities, so why buy a car that only impresses when pushed hard?Tony speaks the truth here. :thumbsup: Anybody who's driven a car with a smaller-displacement (i.e. ~3L or less), high-revving motor can't argue with this one whit unless we're talkin' < ~3,000 lbs. :thehand:

Cadillac Tony
03-21-08, 03:33 PM
Also, I think the argument that a BMW is not comfortable to drive day-to-day is also a car mag argument and not the truth. I am extremely comfortable riding in the half dozen M3's or the M5 that sit out in our employee parking lot. I think the comfort argument you are making is much more differentiated in the DTS, Town Car, black cab segment and not in performance luxary sedans.

I didn't say the BMW was uncomfortable, just that the Cadillac had more luxury and comfort. I don't think anyone will argue that point.

Dr Chill
03-21-08, 04:39 PM
People who want a bigger car than an M3 will not consider the M3. Those that want an M3 size performance car will consider the CTS-V. Although good looking, the MB E platform is old already, as is the 5 series platform which in my opinion is not beautiful. The CTS-V has it all-beautiful original lines, the high torque needed for everyday spirited driving, good brakes, and good handling. If what we hear about the "Ring-tuned suspension" is true, it should be able hold its own on the track.

Jpjr
03-21-08, 08:32 PM
I didn't say the BMW was uncomfortable, just that the Cadillac had more luxury and comfort. I don't think anyone will argue that point.

I will not argue the point.

But do people pay up an extra $20k from a base CTS, E, or 330 for a little more luxary and comfort? Seems like a performance decision to me, which is why we can't get around the comparisons.

Granted, if you want an extra set of golf clubs in your trunk and don't want to pay up for an M5 then the decision is a no brainer.

mgscustomtune
03-22-08, 12:54 AM
I will just wait a year and save $$$$$$$$$$$ on a used one.

GNSCOTT
03-23-08, 06:32 PM
:confused: :confused: Let me see if I have this correct.

You are in Florida, and you just put down a deposit for a 2009 CTS-V @ MSRP and want to know if dealers are being reasonable on pricing . . . and - you are new to the forum.

Yet right next to your new thread is a longtime forum member's thread, and that member is a salesman at a Cadillac dealer in Florida, and the thread is titled Order your CTS-V below MSRP.

In that thread he is offering pricing to forum members for a 2009 CTS-V at $599.99 below MSRP.

It would seem to me that had you looked through the forum first, and then contacted Tony you would have saved $599.99 and obtained the services of an extremely knowledgeable salesman and CTS-V devotee in the process.

Florida is a big state. He can burn that $600 up if he has to drive a couple hours out of his way. Personally I willl wait a couple months and get one at $6k under msrp at just about any dealership. Caddy does not sell a lot of $70k cars.

dkozloski
03-24-08, 10:37 AM
Florida is a big state. He can burn that $600 up if he has to drive a couple hours out of his way. Personally I willl wait a couple months and get one at $6k under msrp at just about any dealership. Caddy does not sell a lot of $70k cars.
You're forgetting the extra benefits he'd get from Tony. I'm sure Tony would be willing to come around and Zaino it for you and I'll bet he could stop those monthly spells that your wife and daughter have been having.

Cadillac Tony
03-24-08, 11:11 AM
Hey now, Koz- I'm a good Salesman, but I'm no miracle worker. :lol:

Katshot
03-25-08, 08:54 AM
I will just wait a year and save $$$$$$$$$$$ on a used one.

Now THAT should be a no-brainer.

Katshot
03-25-08, 09:00 AM
Tony speaks the truth here. :thumbsup: Anybody who's driven a car with a smaller-displacement (i.e. ~3L or less), high-revving motor can't argue with this one whit unless we're talkin' < ~3,000 lbs. :thehand:

Agreed, but I don't think using an M5 was a good example. That thing has relatively low torque down low. Matter of fact, that car/engine doesn't even have great torque up high.

LITTLEELVISDAN
03-25-08, 11:54 PM
I think Tony makes good points all around. IMO Comparing a M3 to a CTS-V is apples and oranges. I had a S2000 for a daily driver and smoked M3's all day. Again comparing apples and oranges. you could go on all day comparing two different purpose built cars. I went from a S2000 to a STS-V and would never go back. I like the size AND performance. I am seriously considering a 09 CTS-V to add to the stable in place of the Z06 I have for so long dreamed of. Especially now that the CTS-V (stock) is in the same range of performance but I get to keep a back seat. Would I consider a M3? Nope, a M5? Nope, E63 amg? nope.

NOW a Skyline GTR is a serious competetor to the new CTS-V. especially if the new V starts to push into the 70k range.

Tony, can you pm me with what the 09' V's are going for through you?

sj1400
03-26-08, 01:05 AM
Magazine reviews and the available automatic will havea whole new wave of owner in V's.. The scary part is will these same people be able to handle 550hp !

StealthV
03-29-08, 07:41 PM

Put me on the list of those that will argue that point.

MIACTSV
03-29-08, 09:35 PM
I gave $500 deposit at local cadillac dealer in miami in early October 2007 and was told I was #2 on the list. (Couldn't believe someone actually beat me to the punch this early). Salesman assured me they would sell at invoice price. Lets see!! He also said that they would call me to order color and options around April or May.

V-Love
03-30-08, 02:13 AM
Magazine reviews and the available automatic will havea whole new wave of owner in V's.. The scary part is will these same people be able to handle 550hp !

Nope!

clubho
03-31-08, 01:24 PM
I'm just dissapointed that this entire thread turned into some dork trying make a point (even though he claims he's not) that BMW's and MB's are better. When the thread was about what is MSRP on the 09. I waste my time scanning all pages just to find out the question posed in the title is never answered. Why don't you go join a BMW or MB site or start your own post and call it "hey I like M3's but can't afford one" or "I got kicked out of the v forum because they found out I can't afford one either" Anyway, as per the orginal post what is MSRP?

The Tony Show
03-31-08, 01:26 PM
The goon is gone, so we shouldn't have that problem anymore.

parexa
03-31-08, 06:06 PM
NOW a Skyline GTR is a serious competetor to the new CTS-V.

lol and you were talking about apples and oranges

caddycruiser
04-01-08, 10:48 PM
Back to pricing:thumbsup:

So what has anyone else, thus far, agreed on or is expecting for their new supercharged beasts?

StealthV
04-01-08, 11:03 PM
If V pricing history repeats itself and gasoline hits $4/gal, I would expect some attractive discounts if one doesn't get caught up in the hype of having to be first.