: which tires are possible on the 18"chrome

southbeach
03-18-08, 07:03 AM
Hi im a newbie to tires and want to change my tires, to check out the best value for the price/performace is there any possibility to have other sizes as the 265/65 R18 tires on the 2007 Escalale 18" chrome rims

thans in advance robert from germany

hcvone
03-18-08, 09:17 AM
You looking for highway type tires or all terrain type bad weather tires?

southbeach
03-18-08, 09:47 AM
You looking for highway type tires or all terrain type bad weather tires?

highway tires -- dealer told me because of the tire ratio no other size as 265/65R18 is possible due to ABS alignment

TSS
03-18-08, 10:09 AM
Hi im a newbie to tires and want to change my tires, to check out the best value for the price/performace is there any possibility to have other sizes as the 265/65 R18 tires on the 2007 Escalale 18" chrome rims

If you do this, and get a higher profile tire, I would be interested in pics. Anything to help fill up that wheel well.

hcvone
03-18-08, 10:55 AM
highway tires -- dealer told me because of the tire ratio no other size as 265/65R18 is possible due to ABS alignment

Your dealer is smoking crack, you have some choices you can put 275/65/18 tires on, I use them for my winter tires, Bridgestone Revo's, as long as your tires are all the same size, and you are close to the stock diameter you can use them.

southbeach
03-18-08, 11:35 AM
Your dealer is smoking crack, you have some choices you can put 275/65/18 tires on, I use them for my winter tires, Bridgestone Revo's, as long as your tires are all the same size, and you are close to the stock diameter you can use them.

thanks for the helpful info - what other choice i have ??

Greetings Robert from Germany/bavaria

hcvone
03-18-08, 12:15 PM
I will look into it and post later :)

southbeach
03-18-08, 02:00 PM
I will look into it and post later :)

i also have an predator, where i should be able to change the tire size....

hcvone
03-18-08, 02:23 PM
You are correct you do have tire adjustment with the Preditor

Merc
05-20-09, 01:49 PM

Southbeach,
I just noticed that this post is just a little bit over a year old. Which tires did you ended up going with? I find myself in the same delima. I am considering the following tires, please everyone give me your thoughts.

First Picture
Good Year Wrangler MT/R Kevlar
LT 275/65R/18

Second Picture
Good Year Wrangler DuraTrac
LT 275/65R/18

or
Third Picture
BF Goodrich All Terrains
LT265/65R/18

Which tires would you select?

hcvone
05-20-09, 07:19 PM
He went with highway tires, the first two on your list will give great traction but will make all kind of noise on the highway. The BF tire will be quite on the highway, and good traction, I have had several sets of these and like the Bridgestone Revo's better. The Good Year Wrangler MT/R Kevlar is a good tire for sure for off road

Merc
05-21-09, 12:50 AM
Thank you for your response. Has anyone have pictures of their Escalade with the tires that I mentioned in my previous post. I am trying to see what they would look like on the Escalade.

hcvone
05-21-09, 09:45 AM
Not with the tires you want, these are Revo's

http://www.hcvind.com/07escalade15.jpg

http://www.hcvind.com/07escalade18.jpg

http://www.hcvind.com/07escalade17.jpg

Merc
05-21-09, 07:16 PM
Great looking Escalade and thank you for posting the pictures!

Has anyone on this forum put BF Goodrich's All Terrains on their truck?

hcvone
05-22-09, 07:23 AM
Great looking Escalade and thank you for posting the pictures!

Has anyone on this forum put BF Goodrich's All Terrains on their truck?

Do you plan to go off road, or are these mainly for snow?

Merc
05-22-09, 01:01 PM
Do you plan to go off road, or are these mainly for snow?

Hcvone,

I live in Houston, Texas so snow is something that we do not experience often. I will go off road from time to time, but not enough to consider the type of tread to get. I have to be honest, buying these tires would be just to achieve a different look than the one that I park next to at work. I love the 22 inch wheels (which the one that I park next to at work has), but it seems that everyone has them. I am leaning towards the BF Goodrich All Terrains on my chrome 18 inch wheels. It seems to be a good balance between being civil and being too aggressive.

hcvone
05-22-09, 01:36 PM
Hcvone,

I live in Houston, Texas so snow is something that we do not experience often. I will go off road from time to time, but not enough to consider the type of tread to get. I have to be honest, buying these tires would be just to achieve a different look than the one that I park next to at work. I love the 22 inch wheels (which the one that I park next to at work has), but it seems that everyone has them. I am leaning towards the BF Goodrich All Terrains on my chrome 18 inch wheels. It seems to be a good balance between being civil and being too aggressive.

I personally never had good luck with BFG tires, but there are plenty out there, out of the three they would be best for street driving and still offer plenty of traction unless your are in clay, you would they want a more self cleaning tire like the kevlar tire.

Merc
05-24-09, 05:20 PM
Has anyone put the Good Year Kevlar tire on their Escalade/Tahoe/Yukon?