: Greetings, fellow miscreants...

AMGoff
03-17-08, 06:52 PM
How is everyone? Anything inextricably interesting transpire in my absence??

The wife and I just got back from our usual winter hibernation and the timing couldn't be any better... it was well below freezing when we left and now it's supposed to be pushing 60 this week. With any luck, we'll have hopefully skipped what was left of winter all together! The plane ride back was pretty interesting as we actually ended up sharing the flight with Hank Baskett, whom if anyone's not familiar, is a wide receiver for the Eagles... so that was pretty cool.

Anyway... even though it means having to return to the daily grind... it is good to be back, although I seriously think I need a good week or so to get back into the swing of things... The wife however, seems to think otherwise. As I tend to usually lose such arguments, I suppose it's back to work this week.

Regardless of that... hope all has been well for everyone. Time to start reading though all of the old posts I missed.

Submariner409
03-17-08, 08:33 PM
Adam, Any luck finding a new Seville ? You still have the one in your ^^ profile that .........

eldorado99
03-18-08, 12:13 AM
Glad to hear you got a little R&R. Take some extra for me will you?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-18-08, 12:33 AM
Welcome back Adam.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
03-18-08, 12:56 AM
Damn, I need to start learning peoples' names. :hmm:

Jesda
03-18-08, 01:21 AM
Welcome back, Mr G. Its time to buy a CTS.

BigJon
03-18-08, 02:18 AM
welcome back

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-18-08, 01:38 PM
Welcome back, Mr G. Its time to buy an '83 Eldorado Biarritz.

Fixed.

AlBundy
03-18-08, 03:31 PM
Welcome back, Mr G. Its time to buy a CTS.

He meant to say STS-V.:thumbsup:

dkozloski
03-18-08, 05:28 PM
How is everyone? Anything inextricably interesting transpire in my absence??

The wife and I just got back from our usual winter hibernation and the timing couldn't be any better... it was well below freezing when we left and now it's supposed to be pushing 60 this week. With any luck, we'll have hopefully skipped what was left of winter all together! The plane ride back was pretty interesting as we actually ended up sharing the flight with Hank Baskett, whom if anyone's not familiar, is a wide receiver for the Eagles... so that was pretty cool.

Anyway... even though it means having to return to the daily grind... it is good to be back, although I seriously think I need a good week or so to get back into the swing of things... The wife however, seems to think otherwise. As I tend to usually lose such arguments, I suppose it's back to work this week.

Regardless of that... hope all has been well for everyone. Time to start reading though all of the old posts I missed.
Who the hell left the back door open again?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-18-08, 06:19 PM
I dunno Koz, I thought you were in charge of BD duty.

AlBundy
03-18-08, 08:47 PM
Backdoor Man.

AMGoff
03-19-08, 01:08 PM
Good to hear from everybody... I suppose even Backdoor Man to some extent...

Anyway... Good call Jim, I needed to change that.

For whatever reason, I'm actually going this afternoon to look at an 1990 Buick Reatta. I've always been smitten with those cars... something about the combination of being a two-seater, relatively rare, and the last "hand-built" car in America... although I still wonder how much of it was actually hand-built?

The other thing I like about them is they're relatively cheap to find even in decent condition... I think mostly because I think in general, people have no clue about them. Not only that, but parts are fairly cheap as well since it shared most of it's components with the Rivi.

Doing so also leaves the door open for picking up another Caddy, but I have to find just the right one.... I want something that's fairly uncommon these days. I've thus far narrowed it down to the following possibilities, ranked roughly from greatest to least:

1.) '90-'93 Coupe Deville.
2.) '89-'91 Eldorado
3.) '90-'92 Fleetwood Coupe.
4.) '90-'92 Brougham
5.) '93-'96 Fleetwood Brougham
6.) '90-'93 Allante
7.) '92 Seville/Eldorado

Needless to say, I've been scouring the local classifieds to see what's available. I have a feeling it's going to be one of those "Once I see it, I'll know" type situations...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-19-08, 01:21 PM
I thought you got a Silver 300M.
Out of the cars listed, I'd be going for the LT-1 Brougham.

AMGoff
03-19-08, 01:32 PM
I was just about to but then I pulled out of it at the last minute. I knew that we were going to be away for a few weeks and that it'd be best just to think about it and wait until we got back. As you know, I love those 300Ms... they're a good car, but the fact remains I've already had one, so part of me says different is always better.

hueterm
03-19-08, 05:10 PM
There was a really nice Fleetwood Coupe on eBay a couple of weeks ago w/really low miles....