: Production Hyundai Genesis Coupe pics

Blackout
03-17-08, 02:34 PM
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080317/FREE/303882777/1615/rss01&rssfeed=rss01

Reminds me of a mini G35 coupe, but I love the interior!

gothicaleigh
03-17-08, 03:11 PM
Hyundai <- All I needed to know. :gothicaleigh:

Night Wolf
03-17-08, 03:15 PM
Thats a big let-down :(

LS1Mike
03-17-08, 03:23 PM
Thats a big let-down :(

I would tend to agree after all the hype, still not to bad looking though.

Night Wolf
03-17-08, 03:46 PM
I guess I just don't like any part of it....

looks like somebody grabbed a cats face and pulled it's forehead back.... the front is horrible, the sides, I don't like that whole look, the back is sorta ok, but dosen't blend right... interior dosen't look like anything spectacular either...

Ah well, I'm sure it'll be a good car for what it is.

caddycruiser
03-17-08, 05:34 PM
You'd never expect a lot of Cadillac people to like it, hence the above comments and more to come.

But I do, and while nothing earth shattering, has a really great sculpted look to it...albeit a bit too much like an Infiniti G37 rip off, but then again, there's several coupes on the market right now like that. This looks a bit leaner and trimmer, and more interesting than most of them however.

AND, of course, it is RWD with stick/auto and turbo 4 or V6 power...and should sell at a great price, with great quality and refinement, warranty, etc. Basically, another great but not shocking Hyundai.

blue07cts
03-17-08, 06:32 PM
I agree with caddycruiser, altho it may just be me but the dash's shape is a LOT like the 08 CTS (anybody else see this?) but again i think for the price it will sell for, it's a great eclipse/accord coupe alternitave...

caddycruiser
03-17-08, 06:40 PM
I agree with caddycruiser, altho it may just be me but the dash's shape is a LOT like the 08 CTS (anybody else see this?) but again i think for the price it will sell for, it's a great eclipse/accord coupe alternitave...

It should be a great alternative for those cars, and as far as the CTS dash, not overly so but the "theme" is very similar to a lot of recent vehicles like that, as far as shape and layout.

Actually, looking again, the 2 layer dash, the vents, and how the center is made is very reminiscent of how the new CTS is done. Again, not that they copied it, but it's more a bunch of current themes and design elements that made it into both.

MauiV
03-17-08, 06:45 PM
Tiburon Part II and still ugly.

concorso
03-17-08, 08:19 PM
I dont see this being an alternative to the Accord Coupe. The price of this tibby should put it close to the Mustang and 350z. These cars are more the competitors, even though I can't see someone buying this over either of those vehicles. 300 hp, rwd, 6 spd, lsd, and its looks fine....this should be a good car for the price!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-17-08, 08:45 PM
It's a nice enough looking car, but that front fascia doesn't look right to me. I'd buy it over the 350Z though, mainly because the Z, to me, is an overplayed mid life crisis ricer. It's what guys my age with Civics aspire to in their later years. But between that an Altima Coupe, I'd probably go with the Altima Coupe, because it's not nearly as ricey as a Z, and it's bigger and more mature.

96Fleetwood
03-17-08, 09:10 PM
The Tiburon is back! :histeric:

The Genesis sedan we saw at the Chicago Auto show looked really good.

thebigjimsho
03-17-08, 10:27 PM
I like it. I think it's great to see Hyundai finally venture into the RWD field. The only thing I'm disappointed in is the front end. The profile, rear and interior of the car look great...

Rolex
03-17-08, 10:33 PM
Someone with some photoshop skills should plant a big aluminum wing on the rear, a fart can muffler, and blacked out hood (fake carbon fiber look) on it. I imagine that's the posture you'll see them in shortly after the ricer crowd gets their hands on them.

As it is = :yawn:

Florian
03-17-08, 11:27 PM
fugly POS

F

gary88
03-18-08, 12:18 AM
http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/output/motivator2313556.jpg

Jesda
03-18-08, 07:20 AM
Looks bland but I'll bet its fun.

Rolex
03-18-08, 11:29 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/bilde.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/JBallard1.jpg
:cynic:

Katshot
03-18-08, 11:48 AM
Not 100% sure I like the styling. Looks good from certain angles but....
Still, I truly believe Hyundai is the next Toyota. I've been watching them for many years and so far, they have proved me right. And It's almost time for the second part of my prophecy to be realized; the spin-off of a premium group like Toyota did with Lexus.

Katshot
03-18-08, 11:51 AM
The Tiburon is back! :histeric:

The Genesis sedan we saw at the Chicago Auto show looked really good.

The Tiburon never left. Plus, what was wrong with it? You ever drive one? I drove an '07 loaded one a few months ago and really liked it.

Rolex
03-18-08, 12:26 PM
The Tiburon is back!

I see your point.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/bilde.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/asset_upload_file918_16869.jpg

gothicaleigh
03-18-08, 12:53 PM
Still, I truly believe Hyundai is the next Toyota. I've been watching them for many years and so far, they have proved me right.

Toyota's success can be attributed to it's perceived flawless reliability. Hyundai is no Toyota.

http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/news/releases/charts/2007130a.gif

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-18-08, 01:17 PM
Holy smokes! Mercedes is ABOVE average! Wow! Even more amazing is Buick's #1 spot.

Katshot
03-18-08, 01:43 PM
Toyota's success can be attributed to it's perceived flawless reliability. Hyundai is no Toyota.

http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/news/releases/charts/2007130a.gif

Oh ye of little faith. You'll see.

Night Wolf
03-18-08, 03:45 PM
Isuzu is 3rd from bottom.... now... see thats funny cause for 2007 all of Isuzu's passenger vehicles are nothing more then rebadged GM's....

Katshot
03-18-08, 05:11 PM
Isuzu is 3rd from bottom.... now... see thats funny cause for 2007 all of Isuzu's passenger vehicles are nothing more then rebadged GM's....

I've never put a whole lot of stock in JD Power surveys to be honest. Most surveys have a tendency to produce data that is skewed one way or another.

gothicaleigh
03-18-08, 06:03 PM

Dependability is collected from 3 years of reports. Those are 2004 model year cars. You can't measure the dependability of brand new cars (JD Power's Initial Quality is the study deals with new cars after 90 days).

LS1Mike
03-19-08, 09:56 AM
It is funny Buick is at top as GM shares a lot items even interior electronics. Drive trains, Electronics, brakes and so on.
VW and Audi do not suprise me though. Volvo and Nissan do.
I would be interested to see what standards they use to come up with their findings

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-19-08, 10:02 AM
I wonder if GM has a special policy for the Buick assembly lines or something. Maybe they have higher standards at their lines because they want to make Buick a model for quality again, just like they used to be. And seeing as how just a few years ago Buick was building nothing but very bland, forgettable cars, they know they need to step up their game in all aspects to make a name for themselves again....

gothicaleigh
03-19-08, 10:17 AM
I wonder if GM has a special policy for the Buick assembly lines or something. Maybe they have higher standards at their lines because they want to make Buick a model for quality again, just like they used to be. And seeing as how just a few years ago Buick was building nothing but very bland, forgettable cars, they know they need to step up their game in all aspects to make a name for themselves again....

Yes, bland and forgettable. But always quality. Buick has always impressed me with how well they are put together.

As stated above, they do share a lot in common with other GM makes, but the way Buick puts it all together is much more well done than your average Pontiac or Chevy. They're much like the Japanese in this regard, very bland and forgettable in every way, but what they lack in inspiring design they more than make up for in material and engineering.

Blackout
03-19-08, 11:37 AM
It's probably like Consumer Electronics when people bitch and moan because a light bulb burned out and complaining about stupid little things

gothicaleigh
03-19-08, 12:05 PM
Perhaps.
...but apparently Hyundai owners have more of those little things to bitch and moan about than Toyota, Cadillac or Buick owners (to name just a few). http://www.8thdaycreations.com/images/gothicaleigh/gothiwink.gif

Blackout
03-19-08, 02:06 PM
Perhaps.
...but apparently Hyundai owners have more of those little things to bitch and moan about than Toyota, Cadillac or Buick owners (to name just a few). http://www.8thdaycreations.com/images/gothicaleigh/gothiwink.gif

Toyota, Cadillac, and Buick owners are old and could careless:stirpot: jk

thebigjimsho
03-19-08, 02:33 PM
Toyota, Cadillac, and Buick owners are old and could careless:stirpot: jkSo you're saying they care?

hueterm
03-20-08, 12:37 AM
They should not call this a Genesis -- the sedan looks great -- this is a toad/Tiburon knockoff.

Blackout
03-20-08, 12:04 PM
UPDATE:

GENESIS COUPE SPECIFICATIONS

• Configuration: Front engine, rear-wheel drive
• Wheelbase: 2820 mm / 111.0 inches
• Overall length: 4630 mm / 182.3 inches
• Overall width: 1865 mm / 73.4 inches
• Overall height: 1380 mm / 54.3 inches
• Wheels: 18-inch or 19-inch five-spoke
• Engine types: 3.8-liter V6 or 2.0-liter 4-cylinder turbo
• Est. horsepower V6: 306 @ 6,000 rpm (regular fuel)
• Est. horsepower V6: 310 @ 6,000 rpm (premium fuel)
• Est. torque V6: 263 lb. ft. @ 4,700 rpm (regular and premium fuel)
• Est. horsepower 2.0t: 212 @ 6,000 rpm (regular fuel)
• Est. horsepower 2.0t: 223 @ 6,000 rpm (premium fuel)
• Est. torque 2.0t: 217 lb. ft. @ 2,500 rpm (regular and premium fuel)
• Block & head materials: aluminum for both engines
• Valvetrain: DOHC for both engines
• Valve timing: continuously variable valve timing for both engines (Dual for 2.0t)
• Estimated 0-60 mph V6: under 6 seconds
• Transmission types: 6-speed manual, 5-speed automatic (4-cylinder) or 6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic (V6)
• Front brakes: 12.6-inch (standard) 13.4-inch (Brembo package)
• Rear brakes: 12.4-inch (standard) 13.0-inch (Brembo package)
• Front calipers: single piston floating (standard), monobloc four-piston (Brembo package)
• Rear calipers: single piston floating (standard) monobloc four-piston (Brembo package)
• Limited slip differential (Optional)
• Est. top speed: 149 mph (V6), 137 mph (2.0t)
• Base curb weight: 3549 lbs. (V6); 3439 lbs. (4-cylinder)

concorso
03-20-08, 07:32 PM
Not 100% sure I like the styling. Looks good from certain angles but....
Still, I truly believe Hyundai is the next Toyota. I've been watching them for many years and so far, they have proved me right. And It's almost time for the second part of my prophecy to be realized; the spin-off of a premium group like Toyota did with Lexus.Hyundai has been the fastest growing, most improving brand for years, but most people don't give them a second thought unless thats all they can afford.
Hyundai have been talking about a premium model or 2 for a few years, but I read somewhere recently that now they are planning a premium brand for Eur-asia in the next couple years.

concorso
03-20-08, 07:37 PM
The Tiburon never left. Plus, what was wrong with it? You ever drive one? I drove an '07 loaded one a few months ago and really liked it.It was fwd. I have yet to drive a fwd vehicle that didnt understeer when really pushed. Now, most rwd production vehicles understeer too, but you can remedy that with a playful right foot.

hueterm
03-21-08, 01:37 AM
UPDATE:

GENESIS COUPE SPECIFICATIONS

Configuration: Front engine, rear-wheel drive
Wheelbase: 2820 mm / 111.0 inches
Overall length: 4630 mm / 182.3 inches
Overall width: 1865 mm / 73.4 inches
Overall height: 1380 mm / 54.3 inches
Wheels: 18-inch or 19-inch five-spoke
Engine types: 3.8-liter V6 or 2.0-liter 4-cylinder turbo
Est. horsepower V6: 306 @ 6,000 rpm (regular fuel)
Est. horsepower V6: 310 @ 6,000 rpm (premium fuel)
Est. torque V6: 263 lb. ft. @ 4,700 rpm (regular and premium fuel)
Est. horsepower 2.0t: 212 @ 6,000 rpm (regular fuel)
Est. horsepower 2.0t: 223 @ 6,000 rpm (premium fuel)
Est. torque 2.0t: 217 lb. ft. @ 2,500 rpm (regular and premium fuel)
Block & head materials: aluminum for both engines
Valvetrain: DOHC for both engines
Valve timing: continuously variable valve timing for both engines (Dual for 2.0t)
Estimated 0-60 mph V6: under 6 seconds
Transmission types: 6-speed manual, 5-speed automatic (4-cylinder) or 6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic (V6)
Front brakes: 12.6-inch (standard) 13.4-inch (Brembo package)
Rear brakes: 12.4-inch (standard) 13.0-inch (Brembo package)
Front calipers: single piston floating (standard), monobloc four-piston (Brembo package)
Rear calipers: single piston floating (standard) monobloc four-piston (Brembo package)
Limited slip differential (Optional)
Est. top speed: 149 mph (V6), 137 mph (2.0t)
Base curb weight: 3549 lbs. (V6); 3439 lbs. (4-cylinder)

Based on the above, I'll withhold judgement until I see (kind of like the G8, I guess...).