Audi all the way

lol ,sorry guys

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-17-08, 03:04 PM
R8
GT-R
GT3
Z06.

Sorry, I really don't like Corvettes. At all.

heavymetals
03-17-08, 03:07 PM
All three in wipeouts:

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newphotos/exotics/1murcielago_20080215_100.shtml

LS1Mike
03-17-08, 03:12 PM
I think Nissan forgot to put the ZR1 notice.
I just finished reading the article between what I was doing at work and wanted to add that.

gothicaleigh
03-17-08, 03:21 PM
Look at the ridiculous difference in reaction time during the 0-100-0 sprint (and did you catch that there is a 111mph limiter on the GT-R? That is some supercar. :rofl )

An article by evo.co.uk and reposted by the North American GT-R Owners Club puts the GT-R on top? Here's my surprised face: :shifty

They had absolutely nothing good to say about the Z06, and anything that would otherwise have been construed as favorable was served in a backhanded manner.

Jesda
03-17-08, 03:44 PM
Audi R8 would get my money, if I had that much. Design, execution, and the 'total package' make it a winner for me.

For raw performance, I'd be torn between the GT3 and Z06. The Nissan GTR is nothing but a video game on wheels for retards who can't drive.

LS1Mike
03-17-08, 03:55 PM
Audi R8 would get my money, if I had that much. Design, execution, and the 'total package' make it a winner for me.

For raw performance, I'd be torn between the GT3 and Z06. The Nissan GTR is nothing but a video game on wheels for retards who can't drive.

Dude, I spit my Candy bar out I laughed so hard when I read. that.

thebigjimsho
03-17-08, 03:58 PM
Once I saw the caption that said the GT-R's cabin was a classy affair, I closed the link...

The Tony Show
03-17-08, 04:05 PM
The comment about the Z06's "flimsy green start button" right near the beginning of the article set off my fanboy BS alarm.

CIWS
03-17-08, 07:26 PM
(and did you catch that there is a 111mph limiter on the GT-R?

Won't be hard to tell which ones have been tuned. :D

eyekandyboats.inc
03-17-08, 08:35 PM
screw the R8. nice car but the RS6 would eat it up.

concorso
03-17-08, 09:00 PM
Meh... If I was tracking my car all the time, and wanted to squeeze every ounce of performance from the car, Im sure this GT-R will be awesome for that.
Keiichi Tsuchiya (Best Motoring's test driver and Drifting Legend) said in a review of the GT-R that it is an awesome machine, viciously fast and handled great!
Then he turns off all the computer aids and the car completely changes. Now its slow, front heavy and it understeers alot.

This car was previously on my shortlist until I found out its not the car everyone expects it to be. On the upside, Im sure itll be alot cheaper in 6 months...I can't see anyone with the money to afford these, actually buying one.

Of the 4 cars, the R8 would get my money, even tho I dont like Audi's generally. But if I lived in a nicer area, with better roads, and no snow or hills, and a track to enjoy, Id have to go with the Z06 or GT3. And it would probably be the Z06 until the markup on GT3's is no more.

concorso
03-17-08, 09:04 PM
screw the R8. nice car but the RS6 would eat it up.Flying Spur would kick the RS6's ass, but that doesn't matter either ;) RS6 is in a slightly different category the the GT-R, R8, Z06, and GT3.

Florian
03-17-08, 11:48 PM
The Nissan GTR is nothing but a video game on wheels for retards who can't drive.

Pure Jesda magic......absoluetly brilliant! :thumbsup:

F

Katshot
03-18-08, 08:11 AM
R8 all the way for me.

thebigjimsho
03-18-08, 09:29 AM
Give me the fastest on the track, the Z06!

ShadowLvr400
03-18-08, 11:24 AM
They couldn't launch the Z06. 0-60 of 3.9? Some people have pulled that on the base Vette. It's an article paid for by Nissan, so of course their car will win. Fanboys at work finding it. And comments about the Vette being crude, and "despite the simple front engine rear drive layout and leaf spring suspension that causes so much merriment amongst us Europeans" What the hell is that? Front engine rear drive powers BMW, Benz, some Ferrari, some Porsche, Holden, Tickford, some Alfa Romeo, Rolls, Bentley, Jag, Aston Martin, should I friggin continue? Oh, and more fanboyishness given away... When talking about the Vette, "It must seem like a crude device compared to the nissan, (but then so does pretty much everything)" Come the hell on! They're kissing so much a$$ that tongue's involved! Ok, I need to relax, these guys are a$$clowns who are just paid by Nissan, so f it. Waste of my time.

Katshot
03-18-08, 11:41 AM
Wouldn't be the first time a non-domestic group referred to an American car as "crude" or something of the like. Maybe it is, SO F'in WHAT??? I'm not even a Corvette fan but I still believe it to be the best performance bang for the buck in the world.
Oh, and I think the "...so much merriment..." statement was referring to the leaf-spring suspension.
Like it or not, the GT-R has gotten mostly rave reviews across the board from everyone testing it (at least the articles I've read), but again, it's along the same lines as the V2 in as much as it relies rather heavily on computerized controls to be driven at it's limits. I'm personally not a fan of that but obviously many are.

Sinister Angel
03-18-08, 01:40 PM
If the Corvette is crude, why am I not seeing any of their Nissans racing in ALMS?

CIWS
03-18-08, 01:57 PM
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (http://www.us.playstation.com/granturismo/?BAC-GT5Prologue&LCTN=Google&gclid=CJPCj8idl5ICFQE8xwodBW8Z-g) is almost here :D

Blackout
03-18-08, 01:59 PM
If the Corvette is crude, why am I not seeing any of their Nissans racing in ALMS?

No point in doing so since they are racing in the JGTC league with their new Skyline's. JGTC is probably one of the best racing series out there with factory backed teams such as Nissan, Honda, Toyota, Mosler, and for awhile Lamborghini. In the ALMS its Corvette and occasionally a Jaguar or two since they're not running the full schedule.

http://www.nihoncar.com/en/news_pics/642/gallery/Nissan_GT_R_GT500_001.jpg

parexa
03-18-08, 02:27 PM
GT-R is fat as a pig (1740kg LOL) I bet even a stock C6 would pull away from a roll

gary88
03-18-08, 03:00 PM
The GTR deserves at least some respect, I mean look at the lap times it put around the Nurburgring. It's not the best looking car by any means, but it's damn quick. Just because it's from the same company that brings us the Altima doesn't mean it's absolute crap.

I'd take the GT3 though. I loves me some Porsche.

Katshot
03-18-08, 03:11 PM
The GTR deserves at least some respect, I mean look at the lap times it put around the Nurburgring. It's not the best looking car by any means, but it's damn quick. Just because it's from the same company that brings us the Altima doesn't mean it's absolute crap.

I'd take the GT3 though. I loves me some Porsche.

Well said. People forget that. Same could be stated about the company that brings you the Corvette AND the Aveo. ;)