: A/C snowflake icon

TSS
03-17-08, 01:58 PM
Quick question: When the "auto" climate button is pushed, should the a/c snowflake icon be lit, even if it is not warm weather?

I seem to recall that it was always lit when in auto mode , and then this weekend, I noticed it WAS NOT on when it was cold out. This may all be made up in my head, so somebody set me straight. I have a service appt coming up to replace my rims and need to know if I need to mention this as a "problem", or not.

Thanks.

hcvone
03-17-08, 03:17 PM
It will come on even if it's very cold, I saw mine on at -15, it comes on to get rid of the humidty when needed, yours seems to be normal. :)

Palomar9
03-17-08, 03:34 PM
I have a service appt coming up to replace my rims...

If I may ask, what's happening with the rims?

TSS
03-17-08, 06:28 PM
It will come on even if it's very cold, I saw mine on at -15, it comes on to get rid of the humidty when needed, yours seems to be normal. :)

Thank you.

TSS
03-17-08, 06:32 PM
If I may ask, what's happening with the rims?

18" chromes . First winter . SERIOUS surface corrosion .

hcvone
03-17-08, 06:56 PM
I am taking my 18's off next week on my newer truck, I was cleaning it yesterday getting all the salt off, they still look pretty good, saw a little discoloration on one wheel near one of the spokes, but look very good for two full winters, the older one is pretty clean but those 18's will stay on for a few more NY trips.

TSS
03-17-08, 07:54 PM
The spoke crevices are the problem with mine. All 4 rims. Had to be a defective batch, as I keep them as clean as practical - at least one wash per week in the winter .

hcvone
03-18-08, 08:18 AM
Well that sucks :(

TSS
03-18-08, 08:47 AM
Well that sucks :(

Not so much for me. 4 perfect clean new rims going into the summer months - no complaints here. Now, if it happens again next winter, GM may get a little tough to work with.

I really am convinced it was a bad batch though. They never were perfect from the start. But, I did not sweat it since it is a lease. Then, they got downright embarassing over the winter. I never had an issue like this before with any factory rims - ever. Even the chromes on my wife's 99 LHS looked great when we sold it in 2004. Which was actually amazing considering how cheap the rest of the car was. Since not all lades with chrome 18s look like mine here in MI after the winter, and I would speculate I am in the top 5% for keeping my truck clean, I can only believe they were defective.

hcvone
03-18-08, 09:57 AM
I can believe it, the lowest bidder gets the contract, but we are used to that. :(