: MD/DC/VA - Go Kart racing tonight!

GOTTSPD
03-17-08, 11:03 AM
A few guys are getting together to go go-kart racing tonight (March 17, 2008) at Allsports Grand Prix in Dulles, VA at about 6:00-6:30PM. Come join us.

xshrpshtr
03-17-08, 03:04 PM
I wish I lived near there

qqik4u
03-17-08, 04:50 PM
A few guys are getting together to go go-kart racing tonight (March 17, 2008) at Allsports Grand Prix in Dulles, VA at about 6:00-6:30PM. Come join us.

I might stop by I live in Ashburn but have never been to this GO cart place. BTW - who should I look for??

I may just come out to look at your V.

Mick

GOTTSPD
03-17-08, 05:23 PM
I might stop by I live in Ashburn but have never been to this GO cart place. BTW - who should I look for??

I may just come out to look at your V.

Mick

Hi Mick.

I'm Michael. You're welcome to come by... however, you won't see the V as I'll be in my other car today. See avatar! :thumbsup:

ewill3rd
03-17-08, 06:17 PM
If I had a little more notice I might have been able to swing it.

James took a bunch of us out there a few months ago as a work incentive. It was pretty awesome, only the suit I wore... the guy before me left some serious funk in it! :lol:

Hope some guys show, I had a blast, except for the black flag I got when I T-boned my buddy Robert! It was harsh... my neck hurt for about 3 weeks!

dkozloski
03-18-08, 07:18 PM
I remember watching a go-kart racing series they had on Speed channel a couple of years ago. They raced shifter carts in the streets and they really flew. There were a couple of brothers that raced nose to tail like they were connected with a trailer hitch until they built a lead where nobdy else could catch them and then the real race would start between them. They were so much better than the rest it was almost unfair and they did it with personal discipline. The way they drafted was unreal. They were really good at it. There are some shifter cart videos on Youtube that are real jaw droppers. Those guys are unbelievable. The number of lead changes and situational awareness is at least the level of racing midgets.

xshrpshtr
03-18-08, 10:29 PM
They are amazingly quick. Any professional driver will tell you. Get in carts and race them as much as you can.

ewill3rd
03-19-08, 08:00 AM
When James took us it was my first time out.
I have to confess, I didn't do very well. You wouldn't think it would take so much practice.
I started to get better later on, but the cart I qualified in was much better than the one I raced in.
At least I didn't come in last! :lol:
(even though I got black flagged)
It sure was fun.