: best first date I have ever been on...

xshrpshtr
03-16-08, 11:31 PM
wealthy divorce. Classy. Pretty. My age. A nurse. One child. Intelligent. Funny. Great smile and most importantly her eyes. The eyes are the window to the soul. For me its the eyes. I have had my share of heart break and I have ZERO problem getting laid. I am attracted to type A women. Also classy smart women. Like RT but she is married.

She is exactly what I have been looking for. Out going. Energetic. Not hung up on her ex. By all accounts a VERY passionate woman.

I met her on myspace. I am the first and only person she has decided to date.

We went to dinner at a very nice place. Hit it off like no other. After a long dinner she invited me to her place for wine. We had some wine and more conversation...there was no sex but I won't go into details. I can tell you it was a hell of a first date. One I wish many others were like.

I'm quite glad we did not have sex. I love competition. If she was easy I wouldn't want her.

I have met, chatted with, got number, and slept with women on the first night online. Many times before. Some not so easy. All were close but not quite what I like.

This one has intrigued me from the start and right down the line she has impressed me completely. I should be excited yet I can only find myself wondering what will go wrong...

It is hard for me to get my hopes up but she is exactly what I've looked for. I can't seem to shake the feeling something will go wrong.

:bouncy:

EDIT: I should make the point that I am not interested in being single and playing the field. I am interested in finding the love of my life and having a partner to share my life with. Sadly being single and playing the field has been the only thing I have been successful at.

MauiV
03-16-08, 11:42 PM
Its 10:30 and your home.

It coudnt have been that great or it doesnt have much to live up to. Your 39, what the hell are you doin on MySpace?

BTW, Im JFWY I love it when anyone finds a good one.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-16-08, 11:51 PM
Nice! Congrats!

xshrpshtr
03-16-08, 11:53 PM
My old paintball buddies made me get one...I couldn't even make the thing. My buddies made it for me. She contacted me on there.

I've had some first dates that ended in wild sex...that is not what I'm saying. She fits all the things I've looked for. It is hard to go into all the details but it was stellar in a lot of ways. It's not like we went to my friends place in Costa Rica on the beach but for all intents and purposes it was a great night with ZERO mistakes. Most dates have errors. I'm excited to see where it goes.

After MANY women in my life who had issues of every sort...this one has her shit together. Is pretty as hell. Outgoing and exactly the type I am attracted to. What's better is she wasn't put off by me and finds me just as interesting as she is to me. I will just have to see how it goes. There are some on here who know more about my personal life and it will have more meaning.

CadillacGurl
03-16-08, 11:55 PM
I'm so happy for you!!! Good luck with her :thumbsup:

Rolex
03-16-08, 11:58 PM
The eyes huh? I'm an ass man myself. I approve of dating a nurse.....I'm married to an AP nurse. :D

xshrpshtr
03-16-08, 11:59 PM
And she married an ass...AH HA HA HA. J/K

MauiV
03-17-08, 12:12 AM
My wife went back to school after selling her business to move here with me to be a nurse. Now 2 MORE years of grad school to get her masters to be a nurse anesthetist, but after looking at 115'X20' houseboats today at the national houseboat show I think its going to be worth it in the long run.

Im supporting her now so she can support me later. Im done working on my 51st birthday and I need someone that can support my tastes!

Good luck man. After all the woe-is-me stories on here lately its good to finally hear some good news relating to the women in some guys lives.

minnesotamom
03-17-08, 12:37 AM
I have WAY more worst first date stories than great first date stories. My best first date: I had briefly met this guy at a party. The next day, he did some sleuthing and found my email address. He sent me an email inviting me to go out for ice cream. We met..had our ice cream. He was tall, handsome and had really kind blue eyes (I'm with you on the eyes thing). He had a classic Beetle convertible that had been restored..and afterwards we drove around with the top down then went to a park and just held hands and talked. Did a little kissing, but then got busted by the park police. Great first date even if I hadn't fallen madly in love with him within a few months. That was five years ago. We've broken up and reconciled quite a few times in those five years..but I'm pretty sure we're together for good now.

I was sad when he sold that Beetle.

minnesotamom
03-17-08, 12:47 AM
My old paintball buddies made me get one...I couldn't even make the thing. My buddies made it for me. She contacted me on there.

I've had some first dates that ended in wild sex...that is not what I'm saying. She fits all the things I've looked for. It is hard to go into all the details but it was stellar in a lot of ways. It's not like we went to my friends place in Costa Rica on the beach but for all intents and purposes it was a great night with ZERO mistakes. Most dates have errors. I'm excited to see where it goes.

After MANY women in my life who had issues of every sort...this one has her shit together. Is pretty as hell. Outgoing and exactly the type I am attracted to. What's better is she wasn't put off by me and finds me just as interesting as she is to me. I will just have to see how it goes. There are some on here who know more about my personal life and it will have more meaning.

One thing about having "issues"...not too many people get to be in their late 30's or 40's without having some sort of issues. what you want to look for is a woman who has learned to handle her issues..and doesn't carry them around with her everywhere she goes.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
03-17-08, 01:56 AM
Man, make sure you're nice to the kid. My mom learned that if he's a dick to me and my sis, he's gonna be a dick later. I actually took out one of her boyfriends out once because he called my grandma a "pestering hag" behind my mom's back. Its amazing how easy it is to level someone when they don't know its coming. :want:

Spyder
03-17-08, 02:02 AM
Give us her myspace account so we can tell her how great you are!

xshrpshtr
03-17-08, 02:37 AM
most of you know little of my back ground but let me tell you. I have dated A lot of women in the last couple years after having my heart broken very badly. I went "dating" for the first time in my life actually. My dad bought my kids a computer for xmas and I went internet dating. I was VERY successful. I have been asked to marry many times actually. They were not the ones I would marry. I was stiil hurt and could not do it anyway. It was wrong of me to date in that condition and I still feel bad. I was perfectly honest with every woman yet I hurt some very badly.

As for kids. Dude. I have 3 of my own. I ran around the world playing paintball when I was in my 30s...I get along with kids better than adults. I would not have women back in Nevada wanting to marry me to this day if I was an ass with kids.

My point may have been missed slightly. I can get dates all day long. I just broke it off with a long term one recently. It is the type of woman she is and how many things about her I desire. I feel she is somewhat out of my league and would be thrilled to be able to attain a relationship with her.

BigJon
03-17-08, 03:33 AM
i hope things work out for ya bro

RightTurn
03-17-08, 09:21 AM
Also classy smart women. Like RT but she is married.

Awwwww. :cloud9: That's so sweet, Troy. And good luck with the lady; you deserve more good things in your life. :yup:

Oh and p.s.--NO ONE is "out of your league." Get over that, please. :D

RightTurn
03-17-08, 09:28 AM
One thing about having "issues"...not too many people get to be in their late 30's or 40's without having some sort of issues. what you want to look for is a woman who has learned to handle her issues..and doesn't carry them around with her everywhere she goes.
:yeah:

I was perfectly honest with every woman yet I hurt some very badly.

See. That is their problem, not yours. Many women have that "selective hearing" thing and only hear what they WANT to hear. Don't blame yourself for that. :nope:

CIWS
03-17-08, 10:08 AM
Awwwww. :cloud9: That's so sweet, Troy. And good luck with the lady; you deserve more good things in your life. :yup:

Oh and p.s.--NO ONE is "out of your league." Get over that, please. :D

Just keep your head up and looking forward and things will work themselves out. :thumbsup:

minnesotamom
03-17-08, 02:13 PM

See. That is their problem, not yours. Many women have that "selective hearing" thing and only hear what they WANT to hear. Don't blame yourself for that. :nope:

Yup..RT is right. We do that. We also like to analyze, re-analyze and over-analyze everything. I catch myself doing it..and I catch my girl friends doing it..

For example:
My friend Julie calls. She's upset with her boyfriend and is thinking about breaking up with him. She calls me..practically in tears. "What's wrong? I ask. Well, her boyfriend was planning on helping her with some home repairs. She had mice getting into her kitchen. So he says to her. "On your way home from work, why don't you stop by Menard's and pick up a can of that expandable foam spray"

She stews about it for a while..and then gets herself all worked up...because if he really loved her, he would stop and get the foam for her. And obviously he's cheap, because he's not willing to fork out the money for the stuff. How can they have a future together if he's too lazy and cheap to even pick up a can of expandable foam for her? So, she might have to break up with him.

(by the way..she's kind of a high-maintenace sort)

RightTurn
03-17-08, 02:37 PM
^^ :lol: Of course, MM and I are not like that. :D

xshrpshtr
03-17-08, 02:47 PM
If he really loved me he would go buy it and bring it to me? Or else he doesn't love me? Holy shit. High maintenance? Deciding if a man loves you over that is childish. Tears you said? I'll pass.

I'm an old fashion guy. On my our date when the check came she goy her purse out and demanded to pay half the bill. I was offended. I would NEVER allow a woman to pay a bill. I am to understand that it is common for a woman to pay half these days? What the hell happened? Since freakin' when? All her single friends told her about the current dating scene. She told me later she was very surprised and impressed by this. I guess this is how it goes nowa days. I can tell you I have been used and abused by many women and my heart broken quite badly and I would not be able to live with myself if a woman picked up a check.

minnesotamom
03-17-08, 04:02 PM
If he really loved me he would go buy it and bring it to me? Or else he doesn't love me? Holy shit. High maintenance? Deciding if a man loves you over that is childish. Tears you said? I'll pass.

I'm an old fashion guy. On my our date when the check came she goy her purse out and demanded to pay half the bill. I was offended. I would NEVER allow a woman to pay a bill. I am to understand that it is common for a woman to pay half these days? What the hell happened? Since freakin' when? All her single friends told her about the current dating scene. She told me later she was very surprised and impressed by this. I guess this is how it goes nowa days. I can tell you I have been used and abused by many women and my heart broken quite badly and I would not be able to live with myself if a woman picked up a check.

I'm kind of with you on that. I think that the guy should be footing the bill. although I believe that the current etiquette is that whoever does the asking should be paying.
I remember one time, I'd just started dating a guy and he took me out for my birthday lunch. We went to Perkins..which was fine..but then when the waitress brought the check..he pulled out his checkbook and just kept staring at it with the saddest, most forlorn look on his face. Finally I said "umm, you want me to pay for it?...he was overjoyed "oh, would you?' he exclaimed gleefully. Don't invite me if you can't afford to, and if you're expecting me to pay..let me know in advance. Another guy did the whole "oh, I forgot my wallet in my other pants" scam. Another one wanted to take me to Taco Bell for our first date. Maybe it's shallow...but I think if you're in your mid-40's and can't afford anything better than Taco Bell, then you're really not in a position to be dating.
So, personally I know that I was also impressed when guys paid. My current boyfriend also would be horrified if I tried to pay for my dinner. Sometimes he'll let me treat on special occasions, but I have to let him know beforehand otherwise he's insulted.

BigJon
03-17-08, 04:23 PM
ya, i agree the guy should have to pay, i'd get my ass kicked by so many people if i didnt treat a girl with high respect like pull her chair out open the door for her and walk her up to the door at the end of the night etc i am glad i was brought up like that cause there is a lot of *******s in this world... why should i add to it you know.

Jesda
03-17-08, 04:38 PM
he pulled out his checkbook and just kept staring at it with the saddest, most forlorn look on his face. Finally I said "umm, you want me to pay for it?...he was overjoyed "oh, would you?' he exclaimed gleefully.

HAHAHAHAHHA. Brilliant!!!!

minnesotamom
03-17-08, 05:01 PM
HAHAHAHAHHA. Brilliant!!!!

Oh, yeah..he was quite the scammer. Not the brightest scammer..but he tried. He did try to make up the lunch thing by buying me an expensive gift set from Victoria's Secret. Of course, that got him into a lot of hot water when a few months later the auditors came into to do their thing and discovered that he'd been charging things like Victoria Secret gift sets with his company credit card. We'd already broken up by then. Another one of his scams did in the relationship. We had planned a fall weekend "romantic" getaway. I went online, made up an itinerary..found a cute rustic cabin for a reasonable price. He reserved the cabin (probably using the company credit card) but I paid him half of the deposit on the cabin. A couple of weeks before our planned trip..he calls me. Once again all forlorn and sad..he can't go - he's too broke...and he can't afford to pay my half of the deposit back yet.

To be honest, by that point I was kind of getting weary of the relationship anyway..so it was no big deal. but, I did get pretty suspicious when the week before the scheduled dates he kept emphasizing how busy he was going to be that weekend..and how he wasn't going to be able to see me because he was just so busy. And I did mention that he wasn't the brightest scammer, right?

So, that weekend, I called the resort and asked if he was registered. They said, "why yes he is..he's in cabin 8. Would you like me to transfer you to that cabin?"
"why, yes..thank you very much..I would"
Ahhh..if you only could've heard the terror and panic when he picked up the line. Really it was priceless. I'm sure too that he really impressed the new girlfriend with the carefully planned romantic getaway.

xshrpshtr
03-17-08, 05:22 PM
I would've walked as soon as he tried the bs at Perkins...lesson learned. I have heard so many stories from women about guys online...I am still at a loss as to how guys can get laid and married being such douches

Spyder
03-17-08, 05:31 PM
I still want her myspace...

nickc50310
03-17-08, 05:36 PM
Does this mean I am the only member left of the woman hating club!!!?? :alchi: LOL!!!

I know Ill meet a sweety eventually and not be in the woman hating club. Until then, random booty it is!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAAHAHAH!!!!

Dont even make me go into details about some of my first dates!!

minnesotamom
03-17-08, 05:41 PM
Funniest part was when he called me out of the blue asking me if he could use me as a job reference after being fired for embezzling.

Nobody called me..which very much disappointed me.

xshrpshtr
03-17-08, 05:47 PM
boy you get the winners...

minnesotamom
03-17-08, 05:52 PM
boy you get the winners...

I do now:cloud9:

xshrpshtr
03-17-08, 05:53 PM
lucky you...

minnesotamom
03-17-08, 06:08 PM
lucky you...

I am lucky..and blessed. My marriage was horrible...I was married for almost 19 years..which was about 17 years longer than I should've been I couldn't be happier now....there are issues, but overall we have a great relationship

xshrpshtr
03-17-08, 06:22 PM
A couple people on here know how bad my marriage was but I stuck it out as long as I could for the sake of my kids. MM. I can not imagine your loss. Every time I see you post. I am amazed at your strength. I'm glad you had the time you were allowed by God to have. I do live in fear of my girls. Both are VERY beautiful and I just cringe at thier idiot mother watching over them...

minnesotamom
03-17-08, 06:48 PM
A couple people on here know how bad my marriage was but I stuck it out as long as I could for the sake of my kids. MM. I can not imagine your loss. Every time I see you post. I am amazed at your strength. I'm glad you had the time you were allowed by God to have. I do live in fear of my girls. Both are VERY beautiful and I just cringe at thier idiot mother watching over them...

Don't be too amazed. It's really been a long, hard journey getting to where I am today. We do what we must to survive..I think basically it's that simple. Plus, I have absolute faith that she and I will be together again some day. And, because of it I have an amazing family. My children have all grown into strong, caring, compassionate people. In fact, my daughter just called me at work and told me that she had stopped by her H.S. counselors office to discuss her AP exams..and the counselor went on and on about how amazing and strong our family is.

It was a proud moment.

Ernest Hemingway wrote "sometimes life breaks people, but afterwards they're stronger in the broken places" It's likely that I'm paraphrasing..and there's also a chance that it wasn't Hemingway..but it's true

I'm sure you keep in regular contact with your girls, but make sure you're giving them lots of advice on how to protect themselves. Hopefully, her maternal instincts will override the idiocy so she keeps them safe.

minnesotamom
03-17-08, 06:53 PM
Plus it really burns me up when mothers take their kids far away from their fathers. Kids need both in their lives..and not just a couple of times a year. I had a friend who was going to take her kids to Texas after her divorce. I lit into her about that. She was mad and hasn't spoken to me since, but also didn't move to Texas..so guess it was worth it.

SvB4EvA
03-17-08, 06:59 PM
Thats good man. I am happy for you. I know what you mean tho about the feeling that something will go wrong... Just try to relax and don't stress it.

Best of luck man.

PS - If you didnt drive that sweet CTS she would have never even dated you. :lol: i kid, i kid, haha

xshrpshtr
03-17-08, 10:14 PM
She owns outright everything she has...that car I'm sure doesn't impress her.

PS - If you didnt drive that sweet CTS she would have never even dated you. :lol: i kid, i kid, haha

SvB4EvA
03-17-08, 10:28 PM
She owns outright everything she has...that car I'm sure doesn't impress her.

I WAS KIDDING~!!!! :thehand:

xshrpshtr
03-18-08, 12:57 AM
it's obviously my charm and wit. Please...

xshrpshtr
03-20-08, 11:49 PM
update...second date. Excellent. Massage...no intercourse...not expounding...this is going well. I'm crossing fingers and toes. I can not detect even the slightest hint of deciet. By all appearances...completely genuine. I'm in complete shock.

minnesotamom
03-21-08, 12:00 AM
Well that sounds promising. Hope it continues to go well for you.

MauiV
03-21-08, 12:52 AM
update...second date. Excellent. Massage...no intercourse...not expounding...this is going well. I'm crossing fingers and toes. I can not detect even the slightest hint of deciet. By all appearances...completely genuine. I'm in complete shock.

If its too good to be true.....

Im guessing she will tell you "Its not a penis, its a 6" clit!"

xshrpshtr
03-21-08, 01:00 AM
like i said...not expounding on such info.

MauiV
03-21-08, 01:02 AM
Best of luck man. There are so few good ones out there I congratulate the few of us that actually find one.

xshrpshtr
03-21-08, 01:06 AM
I have little doubt now that she is not the real deal. Getting her and keeping her is another story. She is something else. I RARELY feel out of my league but she is as nice on the inside as she is looking.

MauiV
03-21-08, 01:08 AM
Then Ill have to agree, your out of your league.

xshrpshtr
03-21-08, 01:12 AM
:dflip:

minnesotamom
03-21-08, 01:27 AM
I have little doubt now that she is not the real deal. Getting her and keeping her is another story. She is something else. I RARELY feel out of my league but she is as nice on the inside as she is looking.

Ignoring the pessimists...

most important thing: Have confidence in yourself. Confidence is one of the most powerful aphrodisiacs there is. If you think in your head "I'm out of her league" then she's going to pick up on that.

I know how you feel. Being in bad relationships can really bring you down. Just before we split, me ex said to me something along the lines of "plenty of men will want to f*** you, because you've got great t***..but you shouldn't expect more, because you have nothing to offer.

I carried that around with me for a long time before I started accepting it for the crap that it was.

From what I know of you from what you've posted on the board..you have a lot to offer. I hope that it does work out..keep reminding yourself that you deserve someone who is wonderful..because you do.

Just don't give your heart until she proves worthy of it.

xshrpshtr
03-21-08, 01:49 AM
I have been told by women the very same thing. I am aware of the power of attitude that attracts women. Thank you for the kind words. I'm in good shape. I know a couple other things that attract women too. I am an excellent flirt. I use wit, humor and I'm highly intelligent. I'm having a good time. I'm more amazed at how how outta nowhere it all came down. She has been unhappy for a long time and a lot of people have been waiting for the divorce to try to make a play for her. I am certainly confident in myself...of that you may be assured. It's the fact that a woman like her with her resources and beauty is HIGHLY sought after. I WILL have competition from many angles before this is settled. Should be interesting to say the least. My only problem will be the resources to make a stand. If she is what I think she is. It wont matter. Right now my money is on her being the real deal.

xshrpshtr
03-22-08, 06:52 PM
first signs of deciet...I will update as soon as I investigate...I asked a direct question and was answered with a question.

I asked if she was seeing anyone else(listened to my intuition). She answered "why do you ask" then never answered my question. Ahhh women. They think they are so clever...I can see why the dishonest ones have a difficult time with me. I am not easily toyed with.

Women claim they want an intelligent guy...though they certainly don't like it when he uses his mind to foil thier deciet they think they have so cleverly attempted. I broke my ex's heart to pieces breaking it off permanently for this woman and she damn well knows it. Women can be so heartless. Didn't lose a wink of sleep knowing I destroyed someone for her, all the while she is chatting and meeting others online...maybe dating? Such a lack of integrity.

Submariner409
03-22-08, 07:47 PM
Sounds like you're fishing for guarantees a bit early in the game. This thread is only 6 days old and you already feel you have some right to her private life.

Slow down, or your princess may run off with the (other) frog.

minnesotamom
03-22-08, 09:15 PM
whoa..I'm with sub on that. A few dates doesn't necessarily equal commitment. If you push too early for commitment..it will scare her off. Especially as it sounds like she is pretty recently divorced. I think if you decide to become intimate..it's important to know if they're also with someone else. When I was dating, I was seeing several guys at the same time. I didn't sleep with them..and didn't bring up the other guys because it wasn't relevant. Although, I guess if I'd been asked outright, I would've told the truth. The bad ones got weeded out..and I stuck with the good one. I don't think you should read anything into her "why do you ask?"

Kind of sounds to me like you already have a preconceived notion that it isn't going to work..and you're speeding it along.

xshrpshtr
03-22-08, 09:47 PM
commitment has ZERO to do with it. I would hope you understand that you guys don't know the entire story. What was asked of me? What was discussed? What was said and when? Etc... I don't look for commitment in 6 days. I look for inconsistencies and deciet. One needs to make a judgement on the character of a person they are dealing with. Everyone has thier private life and will hide/conceal things they don't want known. This is not what I speak of. I have not said anything yet. I am giving her the benefit of the doubt. Although I will be looking to see if I get lied to now. It only peaked my radar. I actually expected her to have MANY guys after her. We discussed this. Things were said. I have many women after me. Things were asked of me.

I might point out...she came to me. I know what was asked of me and I know what was told to me. If I find these not to be the case? I Am forced to conclude I will be lied to in the future as well. It's not like I've not seen this before. It is best to find out what you are dealing with early on rather than later when you are more invested.

If I found she was seeing others. I wouldn't even be mad. I would step aside very easily. Just don't tell me one thing and do another and expect me to smile while you piss on my boots and tell me its raining.

Submariner409
03-22-08, 10:01 PM
X............If we don't know the entire story, then don't hang your heart out on your sleeve. You have opened the door to inspection and advice, so absorb what you will and throw the rest out.

As a male product of a failed marriage, three wonderful daughters notwithstanding, and a lot of time "on the street", I can tell you that there are a lot of fish in the sea on both sides of the gender coin. I got immensely lucky in '83 when I stumbled across Karen, but it took 5 years to reel her in. I've never regretted the fight.

You are setting yourself up for a big disappointment.......back off, smell the roses, and let her tell you "You're the one....".