: Winter in Buffalo

elvin315
03-15-08, 03:49 PM
Thought I'd post a couple shots of my Catera Sport. The first is my Cat as I bought her. The second is her as she looks today. I have a body kit waiting to be added but I'll wait until summer when the temps are right for painting.

Bone stock down in sunny Florida where I bought her.
http://inlinethumb42.webshots.com/39977/2772414410048927869S600x600Q85.jpg

Wearing her mesh grille with Cadillac Wreath & Crest, and Sport Edition F5 wheels.
http://inlinethumb50.webshots.com/39089/2904982110048927869S600x600Q85.jpg

Elvin

investor74
03-15-08, 06:22 PM
Nice. Your Catera is a real head-turner!

Barry

guardian
03-15-08, 06:57 PM
Very nice looking Sport.

meyema03
03-15-08, 09:06 PM
how do you do in the snow up there

loddyjr2
03-17-08, 07:54 PM
Hey man that looks like the Vill around sheridan and brompton??? LOL I live in Cali but grew up in the vill, I have a 00 Catera white just recently coverted it to a 3.2L I have some other nice add-ons I will be sure to upload some pics. But let me know were you got your grill and body kit I'm really interested in the grill!! Also Rims are pretty hard to find for this car not to many options but yours looks nice and clean. And don't worry about all the horror stories abou the Catera's its actually a really nice car for the price luxury wise just keep some extra change laying around incase of any problems you will have on sooner or later but all in all a good car. I really enjoy mine I bought it with 16000 miles on it from an estate sale. It now has 46K on it. Any way take care man.
PS if your looking for a good tire I purchased some G-Forces and they were great in the snow in tahoe. Just some FYI

elvin315
03-17-08, 08:37 PM
how do you do in the snow up there

That snow was nothing compared to the 2 feet we got a week ago. It was preceded by freezing rain that caused lots of accidents. Strange that for an area known for its snowfall, so many here don't seem to know how to drive in the stuff. America is the land of the AWD SUV and to their owners it's inconceivable that they could ever have a weather related accident. Every day I see them driving way too fast for conditions whether it's rain or snow. How can you spend your whole life driving in this stuff and not learn to handle it? Of course, they're the first ones I see in the ditches or worse, laying on their roofs.

And I pass right by them shaking my head in my RWD Catera. She's not the best winter car I've ever owned but since she's my only car I make do. I use Michelin X-Ice snow tires on all 4 wheels and switch the TC off, but use the snow mode, when doing a standing start. Usually I have no problem taking off. The ABS works quite well in the snow but you still have to plan your stops early. Just drive slow and smooth and the Catera is no worse than any 2WD car. Front or rear drive.

I've been driving for 36 years and learned to drive in the snow in RWD cars. I don't remember ever needing to be pulled out of a ditch. And that was without high tech snow tires, ABS, TC, and Snow Mode. Last year I loaded bags of gravel into plastic milk crates and lashed them to the shock towers and the rear bulkhead for extra weight over the rear axle but didn't this year. To be honest, I felt no difference.

The snow removal crews out here do a good job and the main roads are soon cleared after the snow stops falling. The bad news is that they use tons of road salt. Washing the car's underside frequently is a must. Luckily my Catera sleeps in a garage so she's spared constant exposure to the elements.

It was 34*F today under a clear blue sky. Birds have started returning from the south. Spring is in the air. I got the car washed and burned a little of that $3.60/Gal. premium gas. Not very green of me but I don't care. What's the sense of owning a driver's car if you don't take the occasional joyride.

Elvin