: How would this Flywheel/Clutch Setup Compare to Stock

AlmostAV
03-14-08, 08:16 PM
Chevy Corvette Z06 O.E.M. LUK clutch & flywheel set

Brand-New LUK Heavy-Duty Pressure plate (made in USA)
Brand-New LUK Sports-Sprung Disc (made in USA)
Brand-New LUK Billet-Steel Flywheel (made in USA)
Brand-New LUK T/O Bearing (made in USA)
Extra Pilot Bearing
Alignment Tool

How would this setup compare to the stock setup. What is the weight difference? Supposedly this is a OEM 01-04 z06 clutch and flywheel. Im paying under 300 and its brand new. Please let me know what you think.

Rey
03-14-08, 08:19 PM
I have this exact setup. My recall is the original dual mass, also made by LUK, weighs about 88 lb. Your setup weighs about 56 lb. Your car will feel 500 lb lighter.

AlmostAV
03-14-08, 08:20 PM
Oh, also, what else do I need for a 100% clean install that bolts right up. And has anyone running this setup run into issues for warranty work, or driveability issues. I was told the car would feel faster, and with the weight reduction (less rotating mass) I would see results at the track, but not on the dyno??? Thanks.

AlmostAV
03-14-08, 08:21 PM
Thanks Rey. Any issues?

Rey
03-14-08, 11:33 PM
No issues with the Z06 assembly. You will need a spacer, which is available from TPIS or Katec. You will need to enlargen the hole in the bell housing through which the clutch hydrallic line passes. It is no big deal. I have about 60K miles on this assembly with no wear issues, but I am easy on drivetrains. As far as warranty is concerned, I had my transmission replaced and the tech never mentioned this mod. He probably never noticed it as it looks bone stock. If a warranty issue arises, which I doubt, your argument is that this Z06 assembly is the assembly that was matched to them motor by GM in its original Corvette form.

silverAg
03-15-08, 04:44 PM
Just wondering if you're getting the clutch from a dealer or individual? I'm interested too

Rey
03-16-08, 12:53 PM
My notes have the part numbers as: Z06 flywheel with clutch 12570806. According to GM Parts Direct, the list price is $679.48. GMPD price is $402.79 PLUS HUGHE SHIPPING COST. Suggest you price it out with other vendors like Lindsay. Overall price may be cheaper. Don't know what the requred spacer costs these days.