: 2000 Cadillac Escalade Power Door Actuators

umoms
03-14-08, 01:49 PM
Both my front power doors aren't working with the remote or the drivers side button panel.

My mechanic said its the front door locks actuators.

It just seems wierd to me both went out at the same time.

Do you guys think this can happen? Or do you guys think its something else?

silversport
03-15-08, 07:57 AM
I have a 2000 and mine work fine but our Eskys are prettied up Tahoes and Yukons...I bought mine last Fall...when I was looking at this generation of trucks I noticed many with non-functioning front door locks...I was told by more than one person that the actuators did go out on this series of trucks...it does seem odd that both would be out...did they go out together...that does seem odd...check your owner's manual for the fuse for these or perhaps see if they're getting pinched (the sliders)...good luck...hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in...
Bill

hcvone
03-17-08, 08:01 AM
That happened to my 03', there was only one actuator and it was in the passenger door, my remotes and door locks would not work, after replacing it, only took 15 minutes, I had to have it programmed with a Tech II tool after install to get it to work.

Guyz1996deville
03-17-08, 01:08 PM
The Fluke meter will tell you if you are getting the voltage. I would have to say that it could be a fuse or a wire in my opinion. When something goes out in two's it is kind of fishy.

klipsch21
08-16-09, 12:12 PM
I actually just had this happen to me and both of them went out at the same. They were both getting voltage and once I replaced them they worked.

Here is the article I used to help me replace them. It shows you how to do it without messing with the window mechanism.

http://fixpal.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52:99-00-cadillac-escalade-door-lock-actuator-solenoid-replacemetn&catid=35:escalade&Itemid=59

billk1981
01-15-11, 06:35 PM
i am also having this problem in a 2000 with over 200,000 miles on it. both front arent working lock or unlock but i can see them move what did this end up being and how do you remove the panels on a 2000