: "Here he comes..."

gothicaleigh
03-14-08, 01:08 PM
8aLwVYmcBg8

When I first heard that this movie was being made, I cringed. But now... :D

It looks like it is going to be gloriously camp.

gothicaleigh
03-14-08, 01:11 PM
Another trailer:

3-Xdd7Nro5Y&NR=1

Blackout
03-14-08, 01:11 PM
8aLwVYmcBg8

When I first heard that this movie was being made, I cringed. But now... :D

It looks like it is going to be gloriously camp.Goth........you're killing me man! You actually want to see this? This movie is going to be full of fail

gothicaleigh
03-14-08, 01:16 PM
Goth........you're killing me man! You actually want to see this? This movie is going to be full of fail

So horrible it's going to be great! :D

It's the only way they could have done it right honestly. If they tried to make a serious movie out of it, it wouldn't have been Speed Racer. http://www.8thdaycreations.com/images/gothicaleigh/gothiraspberry.gif

CIWS
03-14-08, 01:25 PM
Don't even know if I'll watch it when it comes to DVD. It looks bad.

gothicaleigh
03-14-08, 01:28 PM
Don't even know if I'll watch it when it comes to DVD. It looks bad.

It looks awful! Yay! :D

Katshot
03-14-08, 01:28 PM
The first time I saw the trailers, I was so pissed they would do this movie like that, and here again today watching it again only reaffirms my belief that yet another pop icon from my youth has been trashed for the sake of making a buck. What's next? Astro-Boy? Marine-Boy? The Eighth Man?
Hell, I'd rather have them remake them in current quality animation, than this crap.

CIWS
03-14-08, 01:29 PM
It looks awful! Yay! :D

Ok, I'll agree, it looks awful. ;)

gothicaleigh
03-14-08, 01:36 PM
The first time I saw the trailers, I was so pissed they would do this movie like that, and here again today watching it again only reaffirms my belief that yet another pop icon from my youth has been trashed for the sake of making a buck. What's next? Astro-Boy? Marine-Boy? The Eighth Man?
Hell, I'd rather have them remake them in current quality animation, than this crap.

I still think it's a perfect remake:

ALzDcMDhf2o

CTSV_Rob
03-14-08, 01:38 PM
I think some are being too critical, I will watch it just to see the car! (The Burnout got me interested)

Don't know if I will watch it at the theater but I will watch it on DVD. I have watched worse so why not.

The ricers are going to have those pedals soon :sneaky:

trukk
03-14-08, 01:57 PM
Things the got right:

1) Speed is a weenie
2) Car 'jumping noise'
3) Trixie is hot
4) Dad looks right on
5) Mom is exactly right too
6) Mach 5, and Racer -X's car both look right on.

Things they got wrong:

1) Where is his G on his shirt?
2) Fugh, spritel chim-chim are in this remake :hurl:
3) I'd better here 'demon on wheels' somewhere in this movie

I'll probabaly see it fo fun :D Expectations are WAYYYYY low though.

-Chris

P.S. I am not a SR fan-boi :D

CIWS
03-14-08, 02:00 PM
Belongs to a friend. :D

http://www.ciws.info/mach5.jpg

trukk
03-14-08, 02:09 PM

http://www.ciws.info/mach5.jpg

HAHAH, I need a link to see more. Is that a C4 vette under there?

-Chris

Katshot
03-14-08, 03:18 PM
I also want to know why they have different actors playing Rex Racer and Racer-X. Shouldn't they be the same person?

CIWS
03-14-08, 04:45 PM
HAHAH, I need a link to see more. Is that a C4 vette under there?

-Chris

Yeah I think it was built on the C4 (not sure which vette)

Here's most of his toys.

http://www.ciws.net/images/russescars.jpg

xshrpshtr
03-14-08, 05:00 PM
The worst movie I ever saw was "gymkata" Please don't see it.

Florian
03-14-08, 05:38 PM
SR was my fave show as a kid. Ill pony up the dough to check it out.....for old times sake.

F

trukk
03-14-08, 05:57 PM

Here's most of his toys.

So who wantes to bet:

- His house is decorated like ass.
- Speaking of ass....he gets NONE.
- He get's really pissed when one of his drunken buddies peels the foil on an unopened Kenner 1983 r3d7 limited edition ROTJ action figure, that he has prominantly displayed next to his full sized Han Solo in carbonite sculpture hanging in his foyer.
- Had to sell his full sized Airwolf replica helicopter because he couldn't get the hangar construction approved by his homeowners association.
- He has a 'full action' wonder woman doll. (*wink* you know what I mean by full action fellas).

-Chris

trukk
03-14-08, 05:58 PM

Flark, I saw that. Didn't it have the amarican male gymnast from the 80's in it who was like 5 foot 1.

-Chris

xshrpshtr
03-14-08, 06:42 PM
yup...it was painfully bad. My wife and I laughed through the whole thing. Anytime it came on TV we would sit and watch it out of utter amazement.

I think you are speaking of JimmyH's house of "action figures"

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
03-14-08, 07:16 PM
The acting looks craptacular.

CIWS
03-14-08, 08:44 PM
So who wantes to bet:

- His house is decorated like ass.
- Speaking of ass....he gets NONE.
- He get's really pissed when one of his drunken buddies peels the foil on an unopened Kenner 1983 r3d7 limited edition ROTJ action figure, that he has prominantly displayed next to his full sized Han Solo in carbonite sculpture hanging in his foyer.
- Had to sell his full sized Airwolf replica helicopter because he couldn't get the hangar construction approved by his homeowners association.
- He has a 'full action' wonder woman doll. (*wink* you know what I mean by full action fellas).

-Chris

You would be wrong on all accounts.

trukk
03-14-08, 10:20 PM
Uhh ohh...touched a nerve.....there is no way that's you. Who is that? Spill da beanz.

-Chris

CTSV_Rob
03-14-08, 10:30 PM

Here's most of his toys.

Would love to have the Mach 5 and the General Lee. Cool cars.

SR was my fave show as a kid. Ill pony up the dough to check it out.....for old times sake.

F

:yeah:

Do tell..

trukk
03-14-08, 10:37 PM
Do tell..

YA...CIWS can't come in here an drop a nugget like that on my funny shiz, and then not back it up.

HARUMPH!

:O

-Chris

trukk
03-14-08, 10:38 PM
YA...CIWS can't come in here an drop a nugget like that on my funny shiz, and then not back it up.

HARUMPH!

:O

-Chris

Plus, what self respecting man (or women) doesn't have a fullaction WW doll. I mean c'mon.

-Chris

HITMONEY
03-14-08, 10:43 PM
I hate that they made this movie. I hate the way it was filmed, the acting, the whole thing.

Yet another childhood fav butchered.

:(

gdwriter
03-14-08, 11:17 PM
SR was my fave show as a kid. Ill pony up the dough to check it out.....for old times sake.I loved it, too. A couple of years ago, I bought a DVD on impulse when I saw it on the shelf at Target. I couldn't believe how truly lame it was. But, the Mach 5 was still way cool.

I doubt I'll see it in theaters, but I may put it in my Netflix queue when it gets to DVD.

hueterm
03-14-08, 11:24 PM
The only thing that doesn't look good to me is the almost "indoor" quality to the racetracks -- like they're rollerderby or something... The "jumping" noise of the Mach 5 is the 3nd most recognizable sound out there -- behind 1.) a lightsaber and 2.) the Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman "running" sound...

gdwriter
03-14-08, 11:25 PM
If you really want your childhood memories of Speed Racer ruined, there's an X-rated version of the theme song by DJ Keoki that brings new meaning to the line, "Here he comes, here comes Speed Racer."

CTSV_Rob
03-14-08, 11:37 PM
If you really want your childhood memories of Speed Racer ruined, there's an X-rated version of the theme song by DJ Keoki that brings new meaning to the line, "Here he comes, here comes Speed Racer."
Now thats messed up but it is something I would probably watch :D

Red_October_7000
03-15-08, 02:05 AM
Now thats messed up but it is something I would probably watch :D

Listen actually and it's actually goddamn funny. I think it's by The Prodigy, though. Not sure. That's artist I have on my copy. So there was once upon a time an old anime in a similar vein I used to watch on Cartoon Network way back when they played classic things and not the Drek they turn out now; had a bunch of government agents, one of whom was a 15 year old kid, driving around in outlandish vehicles. That's about all I remember.

Edit. Oh yeah, that Mach 5 IS based on a C4 Corvette, a C4-B to be specific. The doors, window glass, and dashboard make it obvious. Must be a fun car to have.

Rolex
03-15-08, 08:25 AM

Gymkata is the single most awesome ninja movie evar! The little town I gre up in Southern Arkansas was a lot like the village of the crazies. :D

Greatester fight scene evar:

-gTkUcXGF_Q

CIWS
03-15-08, 08:33 AM

there is no way that's you. Who is that? Spill da beanz.

-Chris

No that's not me, they belong to a guy I know and worked for on the side a few years ago. His name isn't important.

Personally I'd take one of the Batmobiles (he has 2 of them) although visibility in them is a biotch.

xshrpshtr
03-15-08, 02:23 PM
my head hurts...
Gymkata is the single most awesome ninja movie evar! The little town I gre up in Southern Arkansas was a lot like the village of the crazies. :D

Greatester fight scene evar:

-gTkUcXGF_Q

Rolex
03-15-08, 04:39 PM
my head hurts...

:lol:

Cadillac Tony
03-17-08, 10:19 AM
Plus, what self respecting man (or women) doesn't have a fullaction WW doll. I mean c'mon.

-Chris

I liked his clear foglight mod as much as the next guy, but I ain't buying a "full action" doll of him.

:suspect:

xshrpshtr
03-17-08, 01:37 PM
^^never gets any "full action"

NOT ON MY WATCH
03-17-08, 03:49 PM
^^^ enjoys turning threads into "expose the previous poster" threads.

xshrpshtr
03-17-08, 04:25 PM
caught spamming again...dammit!

CTSV_Rob
03-17-08, 04:37 PM
No that's not me, they belong to a guy I know and worked for on the side a few years ago. His name isn't important.

Personally I'd take one of the Batmobiles (he has 2 of them) although visibility in them is a biotch.
My inner Red Neck says go for the General Lee YeeeHaaaaaa!