: Leather Dye for 1998 Seville STS

D_Lac
05-21-04, 07:01 PM
Hello All

I am looking to restore my leather interior, which is all black and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about the kind of dye I should use. Any help would be great, I don't want to buy the wrong thing and make matters worse. I don't have any cracking just fading, maybe some very minor cracking. Any ideas?

elwesso
05-29-04, 10:56 AM
As with most leather things, you basically have to replace it to make it look really good. I know that dealers would know of a place that would be able to dye stuff, and I would ask them what they recommend.....

elwesso
05-29-04, 10:58 AM
I guess in a roundabout way, Im am saying that you cant really do it at home and make it look REALLY good.

Get someone who does it for a living to make it look brand new!

BTW, welcome to the forums, thanks for signing up :wave: Thats a PIMP caddy, i like the rims, its VERY slick!

D_Lac
06-01-04, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the Info, and complements on my Lac. I check with the dealer like you said on that dying procedure. By the Way I got my rims from Cruzin Customs in LA.
Check out their website curzincustoms.com, really great deals on nice rims. I just recently put a few custom additions on the Lac, I'll post some pictures soon.

Elvis
06-01-04, 05:29 PM
D-

That is one beautiful Seville.

Try this site: http://www.leatherique.com/

From what I've read they make the best leather restoration products on the market.

starofdanorth
01-08-05, 10:51 AM
this might sound crazy...i havent done it..but a guy i know has a black leather interior and he uses black shoe polish...i know it sounds crazy, but he swears that as long as you spend the time rubbing it off it will not rub onto you clothing...i have never owned a car with a black interior so i havent tried it...but to me it sounds like its worth a try, i've sat in this guys seats plenty of times and never gotten any black on me...and honestly his interior looks new, his car is a 94 passat glx vr6 with ferrari silver paint and turboed to like 450 wheel hp(not that i've forgotten this is a caddy forum) but its not like this guy does this to the interior of a piece of shit ride...maybe its worth a shot.

elwesso
01-08-05, 10:59 AM
Hmm... That mgiht be worth a shot......

D_Lac
01-13-05, 04:18 PM
Sorry it took me so long to get back, ...but I did use the Kiwi Shoe Dye, and polish, and ... YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE THE DIFFERENCE, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!. aND THIS WAS DONE MONTHS AGO, AND NO CRACKING OR PEELING, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep in Mind that the interior of my car is black so I am not really sure how it will work on other colors.

GREAT IDEA THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

starofdanorth
01-14-05, 02:43 PM
glad too hear that man...i figured that shit would work...I have a light tan interior in my sts, no fading, just wear lines, planning on using some nuetral shoe polish to see how it works....that is an Ill ass 'lac son, what have u done besides the obvious?

ElDawgg 2G
01-17-05, 12:29 AM
Hello...
Glad to hear the shoe polish worked out.
I have used it and like the luster that it gives the seat.

Check with a local dealer and find out who they use for major upholstry repairs.
I had a seat in my 1989 Fleetwood rebuilt by one here in Atlanta after it was cut with broken glass after a theft.
I also had the steering wheel re-dyed
...GM has a dye for this but I don't know:
1) if you can buy it or
2) if that particular dye can be used on seats.

I've also been pleased with the results of LEXOL leather conditioner.
You can even talk to any place that works on leather coats...they'll know what to use.
It's an easy problem to solve
...and ask for references before you let them work on your car.
They should be happy to provide them.