: NO Ipod Jack in my EXT!? whats the best fix?

larry_chip
03-14-08, 02:32 AM
i picked up a 08 ext 2day & after driving away i try to hook up my ipod & cant seem to find a jack anywhere! WTF! my 40k suburban without navi had a input for my ipod & this truck with navi dosent have one! WHY!? or is it hidden somewhere?

whats the best way to hook this thing up?
i've been checking out the forum & i seen theres a few ipod intergation kits for the trucks with navi but they look very hard to work, it looks like a pain in the ass to find a song, & also i thought this truck had bluetooth but i found out it didnt now,

hcvone
03-14-08, 08:57 AM
Contact the Geek

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/133339-lockpicks-nav-override-ipod-etc.html

Slade104
03-14-08, 11:00 AM
I have an '07 EXT and use the Periperal PXDP3 everyday to listen to my music. It took about 15 minutes to set up ad works great. When you order the product it will give you all the directions you need to set up and work your IPOD. If you have any further questions let me know.

Dif
03-14-08, 12:52 PM
Good to know and looks pretty good.
Peripheral PXDP3 .. Made Specifically for GM vehicles too. :thumbsup:
I'm sure there's other places to get one but here's a link I found for info etc.

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=8687

larry_chip
03-14-08, 02:31 PM
okay the lockpick is diffrent from the Periperal PXDP3 Right?
because i watched the video of the lockpick & it looks a little hard to scroll thru your ipod on the navi, is it the same way on the Periperal PXDP3 or is it the same thing? because i also wanted the bluetooth, so if its all teh same i guess i'll get the lockpick but i really think its hard to mess with.

yourgmsolutions
03-14-08, 02:51 PM
okay the lockpick is diffrent from the Periperal PXDP3 Right?
because i watched the video of the lockpick & it looks a little hard to scroll thru your ipod on the navi,
I am not so sure if you talking about my video or someone else one. anyway, when I did my video, I did everything on slow motion, so everyone could see what and how this unit works. in the real world, user can scroll at least a dozen of titles per second, and u use a rotary knob that is located on the right side of your radio. faster you turn that knob, faster your titles will scroll.
and You can't do that on the scosche or peripheral unit, plus you can only see first 30 folders or titles

larry_chip
03-14-08, 03:01 PM
how much is is your unit with the bluetooth? & dose it connect like the scosche?