Cadillac Owners Forum banner

HID's really blue when u start up but then turn white? can they stay blue?

10K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  nhernandez1616 
#1 ·
my hid's are really deep blue when i first start up, but after 20 secods or so they get kinda white, anyway to keep them blue?

#3 ·
You could change the bulbs to 6000k or 8000k color/temp, the only problem is you lose half the light output, but they look cool, tried them in my 03' and I could not deal with the loss of light output, but in the city the look was great.

#7 ·
lol its not a problem if thats the way they are supposed to function. its what i like to refer to as NPF. Enjoy the wonderful light output of your factory HID's, GM did alot of testing to decide to put those particular bulbs in, because they work the best, they arent too worried about looking cool....at least not the color of the headlamps.

#5 ·
They look more blue because they are not at full brightness man!

#6 ·
I had the same problem. Paid $600 to have my 07 Tahoe's low beam & fog lights changed to 8000k HIDs. It looked awesome! But at night out on the highway the light output was really dim. It was actually a hazard. I thought about doing the same to the Lade but I like how the stock HIDs really light up the night road like daytime. The edge of the lade's stock light output has a purplish glow. I'm not going to change the Lade's bulb. I probably will add matching HID's to the lade's fogs though.

#9 ·
Thats Correct. 4300k has the most light output. Stock is 4300k. When you start going higher you get more blue-purple in the light, in turn loosing brightness. I had 6000k fogs put in and they are still crazy bright but you can tell the color difference. I'll post a link to my pics thread when i find it.

Thanks,
NH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.