: Subwoofer For Under the rear Seat, 08 EXT got it today!

larry_chip
03-14-08, 01:18 AM
hey guys i'm back after a few years, i just picked up a 08 ext & wanted to install a subwoofer, i had a 04 ext & found a guy somewhere online that made custom boxes for the ext's & avalanches, do you guys know where i can buy a sub box to fit under the rear seat? & which sub works best?

also i have a 12" kicker & was wondering if i could put it in the bed? not sure if it will do any good back there, thanks for the help.

BigReesh
03-15-08, 02:24 AM
Well im not sure about putting it under the seats(if your going with the shallow subs made by pioneer or jl). They sound horrible and dont hit hard at all. My friend has an avalanche and has the subs in the trunk right behind the back seat and they sound great. If you wants a decent amount of bass then your going to have to do that. I have a normal size escalade and just got my W7 13.5 and its insane. I took out the back left seat, definatelty worth it in my opinion.

LFTW8S
03-15-08, 10:15 AM
Well im not sure about putting it under the seats(if your going with the shallow subs made by pioneer or jl). They sound horrible and dont hit hard at all. My friend has an avalanche and has the subs in the trunk right behind the back seat and they sound great. If you wants a decent amount of bass then your going to have to do that. I have a normal size escalade and just got my W7 13.5 and its insane. I took out the back left seat, definatelty worth it in my opinion.

Was thinking of doing the same (the W7 is a super sub). What is your set-up like? Do you have the factory NAV and added a amp/sub. If so, what did it set you back and how does it sound? Thanks in advance.

larry_chip
03-15-08, 12:49 PM
did your friend in the avalanche have to cut thru the bed wall for the subs? or do they make a box to fit back there?

Slade104
03-17-08, 01:38 PM
Larry Chip....again Slade104 I bought the JL Audio Stealthbox with 2 12" W3v3 and I run a 500/1 JL Amp under the backseat. Everything was set up by Ultimate Audio. I bought the box with the subs in it off of ebay...I also use the Peripheral PXDP3 IPOD hookup to scroll through the songs. The subs sound great in the EXT running off of the stock speakers.

BigReesh
03-17-08, 02:51 PM
did your friend in the avalanche have to cut thru the bed wall for the subs? or do they make a box to fit back there?
No, on the avalanche there is a back panel behind the back seats in between the Cab and the bed. He had two Rockford Fosgate T1's 15's and they sounded awesome. I will put pics of my W7 and how the box and everything is setup.

BigReesh
03-17-08, 02:59 PM
Was thinking of doing the same (the W7 is a super sub). What is your set-up like? Do you have the factory NAV and added a amp/sub. If so, what did it set you back and how does it sound? Thanks in advance.
Well i have a normal sized Escalade and i took out the back left seat(the farthest back seat behind the driver) and i have my W7 powered by a V2 JL 1000/1 . I do have the factory NAV and it is so loud. I got the Sub/AMP by a website which cost 550$ for SUB and 600$ for Amp. Both were brand new and shipped in about three days. Wires i got were 100$ and were top of the line, i suggest going to a wholesale place because u save hundreds. I have a custom box which cost 400 and then 100 for installation. All ran about 1700$ which is such a bargain for a W7(the sub retails for about a grand or more) and so does the amp. If you want a good deal i can refer you to the company in which i got all my system from.

larry_chip
03-17-08, 11:32 PM
i seen that JL Audio Stealthbox with 2 12" W3v3 but its like $1700.00,
i was looking for something a little easyer & cheaper to go under the rear seat., dose anyone make a box for it yet?

Slade104
03-18-08, 10:39 AM
No. You're going to have to get something custom made and the only subs you are able to use under the seat will sound like crap because of their depth. You cannot fit just any sub underneath the back seat. The Kicker CVTs sound awful. Keep looking for a JL Stealthbox. I found mine for exactly $700 plus 50 for shipping. Unless your willing to pay almost 4000 for a custom built box between the bed and back seat, the JL Stealthbox is really the way to go!!

Ill get some pics for you and post them....

larry_chip
03-18-08, 01:00 PM
yes please send some pics, the one i seen replace the whole wall behind the back seat, so that you take out your old folding bed wall & replace it with the JL one with 2 subs built in allready, is that the one you have?

Slade104
03-18-08, 11:39 PM
yeah!!! Works great...Im going to a car show tomorrow so ill get some pics for you