: Numbers from my EPP tune CAI/Headers/Cats/Magnaflow

SkullV
03-13-08, 11:20 PM
Here is my dyno sheet from today's dyno runs at EPP. These are the numbers/sheet with the final tune, Kook's 1-3/4" headers, high flow cats, K&N CAI, and Magnaflow cat-back with x pipe.

It made 354whp and 344 ftlbs on their Mustang Dyno.

Edit: When I was at EPP I saw stkshkr's V up on the lift and that rear end kit looks AMAZING. His car is going to be sweet with the 402!

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb102/rockyrubicon/DynoSheet.jpg

type911
03-13-08, 11:39 PM
Very Nice!!!!

rand49er
03-13-08, 11:42 PM
Dang! 354! On a Mustang!

354 is a nice number ... especially on a 'stang. :yup:

LUVMY04V
03-14-08, 12:08 AM
wow :thumbsup:

SkullV
03-14-08, 01:08 AM
Thanks guys! After going to EPP they pretty much talked me into getting a procharger kit....I am going to have to wait until the end of the summer though! As long as I am in the midwest EPP is the ONLY performance shop I will go to!

stkshkr
03-14-08, 01:47 AM
Nice numbers.....did Brent do it? BTW it's only a 383, sure hope it's ready soon

CTSV_Rob
03-14-08, 01:52 AM
Only a 383... Can't wait to see your numbers.

Awesome Pull on that Mustang Dyno!

SkullV
03-14-08, 01:55 AM
Nice numbers.....did Brent do it? BTW it's only a 383, sure hope it's ready soon

Yep, it was Brent, I think I actually saw them building your motor, but then again it could have been any lsx motor that they were building back there!

CTSV_510
03-14-08, 10:45 AM
Thanks guys! After going to EPP they pretty much talked me into getting a procharger kit....I am going to have to wait until the end of the summer though! As long as I am in the midwest EPP is the ONLY performance shop I will go to!

man you caught the mod bug hard. going from stock to sick in like a month. :thumbsup:

trukk
03-14-08, 11:52 AM

Skull, if possible you should drive a procharged car before making that decision. They are definately awesome, but take a bit of getting used to. Some people love the procharger whistle, some don't.

It's too loud for my taste.

-Chris

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
03-14-08, 12:04 PM
Skull, if possible you should drive a procharged car before making that decision. They are definately awesome, but take a bit of getting used to. Some people love the procharger whistle, some don't.

-Chris

BE able to see/hear/ride in (dont know about drive) one in May at Summit Point

trukk
03-14-08, 12:14 PM

:lildevil:

-Chris

stkshkr
03-14-08, 01:19 PM
Yep, it was Brent, I think I actually saw them building your motor, but then again it could have been any lsx motor that they were building back there!

My motor is already in the car. Brent and Jake do good work..anxious to see what mine does on the dyno.

AlmostAV
03-14-08, 01:49 PM
This seems low to me. I was under the impression, headers would give me at least 20rwhp and 30rwhp with the headers Tuned. Is this not correct?

trukk
03-14-08, 01:53 PM
This seems low to me. I was under the impression, headers would give me at least 20rwhp and 30rwhp with the headers Tuned. Is this not correct?

It's all about the dyno though. Mustangs tend to read conservative. I'd bet his car stock on there would dyno around 320 (ish).

I was at 360/355 on a mustang with Catback, Kooks 1 3/4, CAI, Ported TB + tune.

All dyno's are different though.

I wonder is Skull has a baseline?

-Chris

AlmostAV
03-14-08, 02:04 PM
I just recieved my kooks lts, and I can tell you, I will not be happy until I get at least 360. Im kind of suprised Kooks doesnt offer any dyno proven info on there headers. I believe TPIS guarantees 20+rwhp

I will be running no cats, so hopefully a little more power can be found there. I also have a 4 inch intake tube that I would like to compare vs the stock tube, once the headers are installed. Anyone have any input on what the results will be. Magnaflow, Kooks 3/4 no cats, k&n drop in filter. I will be doing one pull with the stock tube, and another with the 4inch. I would also like to get a flywheel and ud pulley asap.

SkullV
03-14-08, 02:08 PM
no baseline :( I thought it seemed a little bit low too, but EPP said it was pretty good, so I trusted them. I was thinking about maybe cleaning my air filter today and seeing if that helps at all! hahah

CIWS
03-14-08, 02:11 PM

It's all about the dyno though.

I was at 360/355 on a mustang with Catback, Kooks 1 3/4, CAI, Ported TB + tune.

All dyno's are different though.

-Chris

:yeah:

It's more important to try and stay with the same dyno, with as close as possible to the same conditions, to make fair comparisons between cars.

My CTS-V showed about 333 rwhp stock and 361 rwhp with Headers, F.F. Cats, K&N drop in filter, Cat back exhaust and a tune.

VuHCNnCC6eY

SkullV
03-14-08, 02:15 PM
The first run on that dyno the car with the headers only showed 293!!! Apparently it was running REALLY rich or something like that!

onebadcad
03-14-08, 02:24 PM
Some people love the procharger whistle, some don't.

-Chris

A very loud exhaust and redline shifting will take care of this issue:thumbsup:.

trukk
03-14-08, 02:31 PM
A very loud exhaust and redline shifting will take care of this issue:thumbsup:.
LOL, my issue with it is at very low RPM's, like driving around a parking lot...queels/whistles like a seal with a rusty fishhook stuck through it's balls. YMMV :D

-Chris

onebadcad
03-14-08, 02:36 PM
Chris, you again are correct. I drove my C6 like an old granny a few tankfuls ago just to see the mileage (went from 17mpg to about 20mpg), but the low-end engine noise was annoying. With different set-ups, you have different issues:

1) ProCharger, a little whistle if you are too low on RPM range, but the BOV sounds great
2) Maggie, the whine is annoying at first, but you really impress the fans when they realize that's a Caddy with a blower
3) Big cubes, big ol' cam, sounds like it may stall down low on the RPM range

trukk
03-14-08, 03:17 PM
Chris, you again are correct. I drove my C6 like an old granny a few tankfuls ago just to see the mileage (went from 17mpg to about 20mpg), but the low-end engine noise was annoying. With different set-ups, you have different issues:

1) ProCharger, a little whistle if you are too low on RPM range, but the BOV sounds great
2) Maggie, the whine is annoying at first, but you really impress the fans when they realize that's a Caddy with a blower
3) Big cubes, big ol' cam, sounds like it may stall down low on the RPM range

LOL,

I'm going low LSA cam, to annoy the neighboors. Can't wait to get a sound clip.

-Chris

AlmostAV
03-14-08, 07:12 PM
I cannot believe that we cant even gain 30 rwhp with a tune, headers, exhaust, filter w/e. I mean people with gto's are seeing 25rwhp gained from a tune alone. I was under the impression that headers gained alot of power, as our stock manifolds look incredibly restrictive. Are yall saying I basically just wasted a grand on headers for sound alone? I was hoping to see a 45-50 rwhp increase over a completley stock V with: magnaflow, kooks, k&n drop in, and a tune.

trukk
03-14-08, 08:05 PM
I cannot believe that we cant even gain 30 rwhp with a tune, headers, exhaust, filter w/e. I mean people with gto's are seeing 25rwhp gained from a tune alone. I was under the impression that headers gained alot of power, as our stock manifolds look incredibly restrictive. Are yall saying I basically just wasted a grand on headers for sound alone? I was hoping to see a 45-50 rwhp increase over a completley stock V with: magnaflow, kooks, k&n drop in, and a tune.

I had a dyno graph for my car from a SuperFlow dyno, that converted to 'dynojet' numbers, that said I was at 394 rwhp with just corsa, rt cats & lpe cai + tune. It's all relative.

I got about 50 rwhp w/ corsa, kooks, lpe cai, replacement intake tube, ported TB & tune, on a mustang dyno.

I'm at 380 now, but lost 5 rwtq when adding Fast 90/90. Hope to gain some of that back with better cam.

-Chris

jnrandall
03-14-08, 10:40 PM
Good numbers on the Mustang dyno. My setup is identical to yours. So were my dyno numbers on a Dynojet (357rwhp/347tq). My tune was done by TTPerfomance in NJ.

http://www.jrandall.com/ctsv/dyno1.jpg

Here's my little video too. Tune Video (http://www.jrandall.com/ctsv/jr_tune.avi)

CIWS
03-15-08, 09:23 AM
Here's just the chart showing dynorun 4 that was the car with the Corsa, K&N drop-in and a tune vs dynorun 10 which was after adding Kooks long tube headers,F.F. Cats and getting it retuned. That's on a dynojet.
The car fully stock pulled 333rwhp.

http://www.ciws.net/ctsv/80075degdyno.jpg

rlj5
03-15-08, 10:46 AM

My V will be at summit point in May, You'll be able to tell what you think of the sound of a ProCharger, But mine has and F1-a procharger that is a good bit louder than a D1 that is normally used. Think I'm the only V with an F1-a. Definately gets a lot of attention, Get at least 4 or 5 times a day someone wants me to roll the window down to ask "what the hell is that & whats in it"