: rear end 03 ext

nomadgj
03-13-08, 06:16 PM
I swear to hell,,I can't beleive Cadillac would sell these escalades with the front end and rear ends going out so often. I had my front end bearings done at 36 k and now my rear end is howling at 66 k. They covered the front end but Im on my own on the rear end. I imagine my front end will be going out soon again. Any one had this problem with the rear end and is it an expensive fix. And is it a difficult fix to do yourself? I am still driving it but I can hear it. Thanks for any help GJ

hcvone
03-14-08, 08:52 AM
I swear to hell,,I can't beleive Cadillac would sell these escalades with the front end and rear ends going out so often. I had my front end bearings done at 36 k and now my rear end is howling at 66 k. They covered the front end but Im on my own on the rear end. I imagine my front end will be going out soon again. Any one had this problem with the rear end and is it an expensive fix. And is it a difficult fix to do yourself? I am still driving it but I can hear it. Thanks for any help GJ

Knock wood but never had a diff problem, but I get the stock oil out at the first engine oil change. You can not set the rear gears yourself unless you are a very good mechanic. The key is to change the diff oils every 20-25k miles and that is if you use a good synthetic oil. It will just keep getting louder until it goes. :(

nomadgj
03-16-08, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the info. I did put synthetic in the rear diff. its is a bit more quiet. We shall hope for a recovery.

hcvone
03-17-08, 08:43 AM
It may help for a while, but if it was making noise it will probably come back down the road. :(