: Leaving group, thanks to all!

passionaterage
03-12-08, 07:34 PM
Well the time is finally here, I'm about to be free! I just bought a 99 Z28, so I can FINALLY get rid of the Cat without feeling sorry. I just posted it for sale, and I'm willing to take only $1500 to get rid of this pain in my side. I was sooooo tired of driving it and always being on edge, waiting for some stupid warning light to come on. Hopefully I'll sell it for some price, I'm practically giving it away, but thats how you have to do these things sometimes. I just wanted to thank all you guys that have helped me with my many problems I've had with it over the past 2 years. I finally have most everything right on it, with no lights on at the moment, so it's the perfect chance to unload it before the next time. Thank you again everyone. No offense, but I hope I never see this place again...lol

Merckx
03-12-08, 09:54 PM
i thought this post was so funny...unfortunately because it so mirrors my experience with my 2001 Catera bought new.
I did get it for $11,000 off list brand new,but currently,I'm afraid to even consider selling it;and I've only put 50,000 miles on it.

And the brake pad wear indicator light just came on yesterday..I,too,live in fear of the warning lights...

How could a company as big as GM make such a huge mistake with this car? How could it be released so obviously under-engineered?

The great irony is that I still love the way it drives...

Cadi Cat
03-12-08, 10:44 PM
This is weird because my 2000 has been great, I bought it with 56k and I now have over 140. The only thing that I would consider my cat broke down was the CPS. All other times my car ran and runs like new. Of course like any other vehicle, I've had brakes, rotors, front end (tie rods etc) replaced. But other than the CPS (which only cost me $50 and 10 minutes) I've been from point A to B and back to A everytime no problems. My other two major repairs was the steering pump and EBTCM. That's it, other than normal maintence. I would definatly trade mine in for an 01 sport, if I could find one with low miles. I really like it in white!!!

passionaterage
03-17-08, 09:15 PM
Well the Cat is gone! It was sold last night, to the second person that looked at it. I got $2200, and couldn't have been happier to get that. I even told the person several times that they really need to research this car, and that it shouldn't be their only car (but it is), and they should have the money to take it to the dealer when needed, and how expensive it would be. Oh, and I told them about all the weird things that can happen electrically. Even while I was telling them all this, they were just falling in love with the car and how it looks and drives. I felt kind of sorry for him, I saw myself 2 years ago in him. I wish he had taken my advice and went home and looked on the internet. The first person did, and they decided it would be too expensive to maintain. I'm trying not to feel guilty, because I sure did try to get them to take their time. But they had that look, the same one I had. I sorta hated to see it go, but you have no idea the sense of relief that I feel now. It's like I have a life of my own now...lol. Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, I'm free at last!

CateraMV6
03-17-08, 11:03 PM
mine is 01 Sport and I currently have 93K miles on it, I got it about 14months ago and it had 59K miles so quite a stretch, and it has never given me any problems, and I am not what you call easy on my cars, I usually drive them hard, I enjoy running the engine up to the red line and keeping it there for long periods of time... and so far no problems. I did have to replace the Oil cooler but not because it was leaky but because I thought it was and in the process of removing it I stripped one of the big nuts that holds it to the cover... so I had to get a new one just for that... replaced the valve cover gaskets and both tie rods and the idler arm... as well as a new set of tires and that is about it... regular maintenance and its happy..."knock on wood" but if it keeps running that way I plan on driving it till it hits 150K and then selling it before it gets too old...

I guess I got lucky with it, and I see some of you are not so fortunate which is sad... its quite respected vehicle in Europe but I guess the fact that tis rare and not many know how to work on it makes it a PITA to maintain.. sadly....

Cadi Cat
03-18-08, 12:33 AM
I wonder if it would ever become a collectors. I plan on keeping mine.

PEETYZ
03-18-08, 10:46 AM
I had a 98 and really did not have that many problems with my car i did take super good care of it and i never skiped out on regular maintence. It's funny cause either you have a really good catera or you have a bad catera there is none in the middle lol I was very lucky to get a really good one and a 98 at that. The guy i sold it to loves it and his goal was to keep it as nice as i kept it, well just have to see. Take it easy! enjoy that LS1 i am loving mine in my 04 GTO

guardian
03-18-08, 03:03 PM
Well the Cat is gone! It was sold last night, to the second person that looked at it. I got $2200, and couldn't have been happier to get that. I even told the person several times that they really need to research this car, and that it shouldn't be their only car (but it is), and they should have the money to take it to the dealer when needed, and how expensive it would be. Oh, and I told them about all the weird things that can happen electrically. Even while I was telling them all this, they were just falling in love with the car and how it looks and drives. I felt kind of sorry for him, I saw myself 2 years ago in him. I wish he had taken my advice and went home and looked on the internet. The first person did, and they decided it would be too expensive to maintain. I'm trying not to feel guilty, because I sure did try to get them to take their time. But they had that look, the same one I had. I sorta hated to see it go, but you have no idea the sense of relief that I feel now. It's like I have a life of my own now...lol. Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, I'm free at last!

Congrats on your sale. You did it right so your reward is a clear conscience. It's amazing how well the Cat can sell itself, provided the buyer is lazy. Fortunately, there remain quite a few lazy buyers out there!

Don't be a stranger. Your posts were, and are, always valued here.