: Performance Programing 01 DTS

DART505
03-12-08, 06:53 PM
New to the board & wanted to know if there were any flash tuner/programmers for a 2001 DTS? If so what is the one to get & what is the improvement in performance & fuel mileage.
Thanks!:D

Ranger
03-12-08, 07:16 PM
In a word, no. What you see is what you get.

Submariner409
03-12-08, 08:14 PM
As Ranger posted: No. .........and the snake oil and air intakes don't work, either.

Spend the $$$$.$$ and install a CORSA cat-back exhaust. www.corsaperformance.com. There are no other aftermarket "upgrades" to the Northstar '00 - '04 drivetrain.

Spend some of your time searching around in the Seville, Deville, Northstar performance, and Tech Tips threads. There are a few small tricks which no one makes or sells but that you can do yourself.

As posted, "What you see is what you got".

Ranger
03-12-08, 08:24 PM
As posted, "What you see is what you got".
Which is a bit better than 1HP per C.I.D. Nothing to sneeze at.

CadillacSTS42005
03-12-08, 08:36 PM
what are you guys talking about
you can mod a Deville for over 600 HP!
z2lM5SdMVlc
realistically, give up, Corsa or a custom built knock off, thats as good as its gonna get

foos
03-12-08, 09:05 PM
You got a tune on your PCM for a 2003? I'm still looking for something for my 99 :)
I might just buy a whole new ECU and redo the engine completely and run it off that .. Lots of fun :>

CadillacSTS42005
03-12-08, 09:29 PM
talk to AJ

codewize
03-12-08, 09:36 PM
There's 2 sides to this story. But they're right, in a word NO. No mods, no tricks, just no.

Now if you're willing to be a tester there is one and only one person who has successfully tuned a N* PCM. He's here and his name is AJ.

Other than that you have the CAI from Volant and the Corsa exhaust. That's really it.

DART505
03-12-08, 10:51 PM
Thought so but figured I would check.Just a little hard when you get adjusted to 800rwhp & 100 psi boost to this.:histeric:
I like the car though & have a few boxes of turbos sitting around has my mind running.:devil:
Contact info on AJ would be appriciated!
The exhaust I already thought about doing a custom one front back but I like the stealth,but also thinking about stealth power.:cool:

AJxtcman
03-13-08, 08:29 AM
New to the board & wanted to know if there were any flash tuner/programmers for a 2001 DTS? If so what is the one to get & what is the improvement in performance & fuel mileage.
Thanks!:D

YES:thumbsup:

I have been very busy. I have put so much off trying to get a new software suite going, but I have got no results on the new stuff.

I can set you up for no speed limiter and a mild boost in performance. A significant performance boost is what I am stalled out on.

DART505
03-13-08, 09:59 PM
I have not been over 80mph yet bur run her thru the first couple of gears.Did not want to scare the Frank Sanatra cassetts I found left in the glove box.:eek::histeric:
Removing the boogers slowly although these nitrous bottles are staring at me.:cool2:

Submariner409
03-13-08, 11:13 PM
If you're going to NO squeeze a pre-'04 Northstar, please come back with your engine overhaul questions. It will keep us all entertained on those long rainy spring nights.................

DART505
03-14-08, 07:29 AM
The pre 04's are weaker?

Submariner409
03-14-08, 11:15 AM
The head gaskets on the pre-04's sit on precious little deck surface, and that is compromised by water passage castings very close to the siamesed iron cylinder liners. Doesn't leave much clamping surface, and the pre-'02 blocks had some casting difficulties which could result in coolant penetrating some cylinder head bolt holes and corroding the threads to the point that the head lifts. End result: excess compression or boost = blown head gaskets

LOTS of discussions in here and Seville/Deville forums for years.

Later design has a much more solid, beefier deck surface and different thread specs for the head bolts. Reported gasket failures are almost nonexistent.

Be careful !

CadillacSTS42005
03-14-08, 11:28 AM
late 03 also had a head bolt pitch change, my 03 has it, another reason why an 03 was the target STS for me

out of FWDs
a 95 is the best performer
then 93-94
then 97-99

DART505
03-14-08, 10:08 PM
The head gaskets on the pre-04's sit on precious little deck surface, and that is compromised by water passage castings very close to the siamesed iron cylinder liners. Doesn't leave much clamping surface, and the pre-'02 blocks had some casting difficulties which could result in coolant penetrating some cylinder head bolt holes and corroding the threads to the point that the head lifts. End result: excess compression or boost = blown head gaskets

LOTS of discussions in here and Seville/Deville forums for years.

Later design has a much more solid, beefier deck surface and different thread specs for the head bolts. Reported gasket failures are almost nonexistent.

Be careful !

I'll just let it roll then.Good info here!
On another note any one have the Gates water pump belt too long compaired to stock?
Pissed in my cheerios!:mad:

Submariner409
03-14-08, 10:58 PM
The long w/p belt is a new one. (This is beginning to sound like a broken record......), but try www.rockauto.com and drill down to your car and belts (3-rib). See who makes them. There are 3 manufacturers in there, I think. Heck, for $4.50 ea. get a couple.