: Paradise Cadillac - A Dealership that lives up to the name

Crackerzot
03-12-08, 02:52 PM
First, a brief "back story". I purchased a used Corvette with an existing GMPP warranty from a private party a couple of years ago. This resulted in two things: Confidence in GM products, which I have never sought to own prior to that purchase, and confidence in my local GM dealer, Paradise Chevrolet - Cadillac in Temecula, CA. I've had several warranty issues with my beloved Corvette, but from the moment I first brought it to Paradise, I knew I was in excellent hands. Their service department is a first class operation from the service managers to the service advisors to the courtesy shuttle drivers. Always there to help. Always with a great attitude and always ready to listen and become an advocate, if necessary, for their customers.

None of my concerns were ever minimized, doubted or questioned. I've never felt such a high degree of respect and competence from any auto dealership before. What really struck me - and this is the important part - is that Paradise Automotive always treated me as if I had purchased the car from them as a new vehicle. They performed, without question or hesitation, hundreds of dollars worth of repairs on my Corvette before they ever saw a dime from me. When my GMPP warranty was about to expire, Paradise matched the lowest price I could find for extended coverage, but since it was a renewal of the GMPP policy, a zero deductible option was no longer available to me. To save more money, the warranty advisor told me that with the $100 deductible plan, I would still have zero net cost when having warranty work performed at Paradise. That's because they pay the deductible for the customer on any repairs performed in their service department. Wow!

These things all added up and made a huge impression, so when it came time for me to buy my next new vehicle, it was a no brainer. Paradise had earned my business by treating me like a valued customer in their service department.

When it came time to order my CTS, I was going to shop around and see what I could find, because naturally, I was anxious to find a vehicle optioned the way I wanted it. When it became clear that no dealer had the car I wanted within a 500 mile radius, Paradise ordered my new 2008 CTS and said it would arrive in approximately six weeks. In exactly six weeks, it was delivered as promised, well under MSRP, at dealer invoice. My wife of 25 years, for whom I'd purchased the car as a gift for her birthday, was thrilled.

Then, after 15 days of driving, without warning, the engine in our new CTS failed with less than 300 total miles driven. Needless to say, we were stunned when that happened (what are the chances of catastrophic engine failure on a brand new car??)!! But again, due to the supreme confidence I have in the service department at Paradise, I knew we would have nothing to worry about. On Star connected us to Cadillac who dispatched a flatbed to collect the car within 30 minutes of the engine failure, which took place on a Friday afternoon. Back at Paradise, my wife was treated with great concern and courtesy, accompanied to the on-site car rental agency, and given a 2008 CTS to drive at no charge while the dealership ascertained the extent of the damage.

By the next business day, which was Monday, Paradise ordered a complete new engine and catalytic converter from GM, which arrived by truck in California a mere two days later, which astounded me. They did their best to have the repairs completed in just 7 days from the breakdown, but needed additional materials to complete the job. So after 11 days total, or 7 business days when you factor in the two weekends in that time period, our CTS was returned to us, as if nothing had ever happened.

As expected, the work was performed to exacting standards. For our trouble, and as a way to help us rebuild our confidence in the vehicle, the service manager at Paradise is providing us with an extension on the zero deductible bumper to bumper coverage, which matches the GM drivetrain warranty of 5 years/100k mi. While it was certainly unfortunate that we had a bad experience with our first-ever Cadillac and first-ever new GM vehicle purchase, the outcome was certainly a positive one, thanks to the efforts of Paradise Cadillac in Temecula. Their service department is without peer. Their committment to customer satisfaction is exemplary. Highly, highly recommended.

urbanski
03-12-08, 03:16 PM
thanks for the review :)